Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

I have a question you know the NV towers of 3G I said this already but at night time in my house I get always more than 1 but in day time I'm getting 0 to 0.25 I know in times when alot of people are on it slows down but seriously such a different there is?

I mapped a trip on sensorly this morning on 28 from rt 66 to Waxpool Road and didn't get a point of LTE on my Evo LTE (with jellybean btw).

Is the 4G around the dulles area stable or is my phone just having issues picking it up?

Just picked up a few points up in Germantown on Ridge Road.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

On germantown thats nice but those cities germantown and Gaithersburg where not in the list of cities that should get LTE unlike rockville bethesda and fredrick which are in the list but dot any LTE yet

On germantown thats nice but those cities germantown and Gaithersburg where not in the list of cities that should get LTE unlike rockville bethesda and fredrick which are in the list but dot any LTE yet

You do realize they are all part of the DC market. In which Frederick is also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just got 4G in Olney MD where Georgia Ave meets the ICC, lost in once on the ICC (not on sensorly). Speedtest was 21.10 down and 8.27 up. If little Olney had a signal, I'm hoping this is a good sign for the entire DC Metro in MD . . .

Adam there is a lot to the rollout. The DC market includes NOVA, DC and Maryland suburbs. It does not seem to be based on population or Sprint marketing releases. The work crews need, ehprd, NV upgrade, Backhaul at a particular tower. The logistics of completing a single tower has a huge check list (power, Federal, State, and Local permits-Hardware and software - backhaul, before things turn on . So when one has the necessary improvements they go there and do the final hook up.

Washington DC is still not officially rolled out but they will probably have a Frederick and Rockville tower open before they flip the switch. For instance I just had a Frederick Tower convert over to NV.

If you haven't become a sponsor of S4GRU. It opens up another level of understanding.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I mapped a trip on sensorly this morning on 28 from rt 66 to Waxpool Road and didn't get a point of LTE on my Evo LTE (with jellybean btw).

Is the 4G around the dulles area stable or is my phone just having issues picking it up?

I'm non JB now as well with the EVO and it appears they have not fixed the LTE issues - very, very disappointed in that.

I was pleasantly suprised to find solid LTE southbound I-95, from the mixing bowl to Lorton. It was great! (Especially in traffic.)

As for 28.... next time I'm in the area I'll check. I do know that driving is the worst way to try to pick up LTE. The best way to find it is to park, cycle through airplane mode, and hopefully you'll be close to an lte tower so it can connect. I posted before about driving through the 66/81 intersection and totally missing the LTE until I cycled through.

It is too possible that the sensorly map is from lte testing and that the tower isn't active with LTE 24-7 yet. Next time I'm in the area I'll check it out and report my findings.

I checked the 3G/4G tower near the east end of the Manassas airport, near Bristow Road. It had good 3G speeds but I couldn't find any LTE. (stationary, line of sight)

I wasn't on 28, but I was on 7100 and had LTE for most of the way from 66 to Sunrise Valley Drive. Previously I was able to connect to LTE on 28, just didn't go that way today. Peak speaks were ~25 Mbps in a section with a strong signal.

Since some are talking about the rollout's area: I believe the DC market stretches from Frederick, MD to Leesburg, VA to Culpeper, VA to Fredericksburg, VA to some point in MD to Frederick, MD. It's a wide geographic area. In some areas (such as Culpeper) there isn't even eHRPD yet. I still think most of the market will have some level of LTE though before Sprint decides the market is launched or not though.

Landed at Dulles last night and was able to test out at 20mb / 5.5mb while taxing back to the gate. Somewhere on the Toll Road east I lost the signal.

What I can see from your test that you landed on 1R/19L and start a Sensorly track from the taxi lanes on the north end.

I get an LTE signal everyday in Alexandria on 395. In between Landmark Mall and Route 7, but the speed are terrible. Out of 10 tests the past 2 weeks the best speeds i've got are 3.45/1.18.

Chances are, the signal isn't quite strong enough to give you the speeds on the road. There's only a few towers upgraded, it will get better as more towers get upgraded.

Or there's too many people running speedtests....

Uploaded 147 points of 4G LTE to Sensorly from Pohick Rd to Lorton Station Blvd and parts of Lorton Station Blvd. I'm so happy I live in Lorton and 3G speeds have gotten better and now 4G is starting to show up. This has renewed my faith in Sprint so much I picked up a Note 2 and singed a 2 yr agreement.

• Like 1

yte5u8a5.jpgYou guys in Rockville area are going to see a little purple along E. GUDE Dr. I added 52points on my way to FedEx station off of Calhoun. By the way if you guys and gals see this unit on the road around the beltway during pm hours it is I, mapping and hauling. I have to get paid don't I
  • Like 5

I was able to map a little further down Duke St in Old town Alexandria. At the edge where I was mapping I had to cycle airplane mode to get it to find LTE, I guess due to the week signal there.

yte5u8a5.jpgYou guys in Rockville area are going to see a little purple along E. GUDE Dr. I added 52points on my way to FedEx station off of Calhoun. By the way if you guys and gals see this unit on the road around the beltway during pm hours it is I, mapping and hauling. I have to get paid don't I

Thanks for good news I hope they expand rockville more cause I need LTE 3G is slow as hell

When using sensorly I picked up some great spots of 4g in my short commute between Germantown and Montgomery Village in MoCo on Monday. By Tuesday afternoon most of, then today all of, the 4g on that route was gone. Is this likely due to a testing phase before a full launch? Does it give a sign of getting closer for the DC market?

My wife has reported on two separate occasions in the last week that she has picked up LTE at work in Chantilly, VA.

Yeah I would say it is a possibility that she has.

sequpymu.jpg