Sprint LTE iPad 4 announced

WiWavelength

AnandTech is live blogging the Apple event today. If you bought an iPad 3, my apologies (sucker! I kid, I kid...), your iPad 3 has already been usurped by iPad 4 with A6X processor and Sprint LTE support.

ipad-mini-172_575px.jpg

http://www.anandtech...event-live-blog

AJ

• Like 9

iPad mini (not iPad Air, as rumor had it) is taking some shots at the Nexus 7. However, as expected, iPad Mini uses a 1024x768 resolution panel on a 7.9" 4:3 aspect ratio screen. Not very impressive.

AJ

• Like 4

My next iPad will probably get Sprint cellular, depending on the prices. I don't know that Sprint has ever done pay as you go, no-contract data plans before.

If you ever need WiFi tethering, the iPad with the screen off just serving up LTE is ridiculous... I've seen people getting 24 hours of tethering with the iPad 3.

• Like 1

Info is still sparse, but it appears that iPad mini does include LTE support, just not Sprint LTE support, only the same VZW and AT&T LTE configurations that iPad 3 supported.

AJ

I watched the livestream and the mini is certainly an impressive product. It hits the right notes for the Apple faithful. I thought the side-by-side comparison to the Android device did an excellent job of illustrating why one would might a mini over the Nexus.

The screen resolution isn't what I expected, but I like the fact that it's compatible with existing apps without and coding.

As an iPad 3 owner, the only thing that really appeals to me is the lighting connector. I basically only web surf, read books/magazines, and watch video. Nothing graphic intensive to warrant the extra power. Also, I am more interested in the surface pro than the iPads at this point. Tablet with pc power/ capabilities is what I wanted the original iPad to be.

• Like 1

As an iPad 3 owner, the only thing that really appeals to me is the lighting connector. I basically only web surf, read books/magazines, and watch video. Nothing graphic intensive to warrant the extra power. Also, I am more interested in the surface pro than the iPads at this point. Tablet with pc power/ capabilities is what I wanted the original iPad to be.

Yeah, we have one at the house also. Its mainly used by the wife/kids. So not too much heavy gaming. Mainly web surfing and social networking is done on it. Apple is offering $300 for a 3rd gen 16gig wifi model..if you'd be up for a trade in.

Yeah, we have one at the house also. Its mainly used by the wife/kids. So not too much heavy gaming. Mainly web surfing and social networking is done on it. Apple is offering $300 for a 3rd gen 16gig wifi model..if you'd be up for a trade in.

Where's the trade-in option?

On the one hand, I don't mind keeping my third-gen iPad at all...it does what I want it to. But on the other, if I can upgrade to the newer model for around $200, I can deal with that, seeing as how the device is unlocked and coule be used with a variety of LTE networks here or overseas.

Where's the trade-in option?

On the one hand, I don't mind keeping my third-gen iPad at all...it does what I want it to. But on the other, if I can upgrade to the newer model for around $200, I can deal with that, seeing as how the device is unlocked and coule be used with a variety of LTE networks here or overseas.

Here's Apple's trade in calculator, but you can probably get a better deal at Gazelle.com

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/reuse_and_recycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's Apple's trade in calculator, but you can probably get a better deal at Gazelle.com

http://store.apple.c...use_and_recycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazelle is saying only $215 for the 16GB white wifi only version.

But the Apple trade in program will give you a Apple giftcard

Hmmm, at 200 more( with trade in), I could see myself making the jump. But I will likely wait for surface pro reviews. With the keyboard cover, I could see myself doing light productivity

Yeah, thats what we were thinking. I put the trade-in request.. just in case the prices decide to drop..

I don't see anything particularly appealing about the models with built-in LTE support, it seems far better to avoid paying for mobile data twice and use wifi /bluetooth DUN tethering.

Dropping your phone plan and using a data only tablet + voip, I could see this happening especially if data only prices are cheaper than voice/data/shared plans.

If I had a nexus 7, with 32gig and unlimited lte, I would switch in a heartbeat.

Edited by dedub

I don't see anything particularly appealing about the models with built-in LTE support, it seems far better to avoid paying for mobile data twice and use wifi /bluetooth DUN tethering.

The cellular models are the only ones with GPS support. You can turn on/off cellular service as needed, so it's a nice addition to have.

• Like 1

The cellular models are the only ones with GPS support. You can turn on/off cellular service as needed, so it's a nice addition to have.

The "Apple tax" for all iPad/mini LTE variants is effectively $130. I am interested and have ample disposable income, but I question that the Qualcomm MDM9615 -- a good modem -- is worth that premium.

AJ