Network Vision/LTE - Northern Jersey Market

hihater

I haven't done a speed test in a few weeks. The other day I had painfully slow speeds, ran the speed test and saw 50kbps. The next day to my shock it was over 1Mb/s! I've been noticing significantly faster 3G speeds around Paramus, Clifton, Saddle Brook and neighboring areas. I've measured as fast as 2GB per second on downloads and nearly 1MB per second on uploads. Most of the time it's been hovering around 1 to 1.5MB/s on downloads. These download speeds are at times are 10 times faster than I I normally got in the past lol. This has to be related to Network Vision right? Upgrading the 3G first and then hopefully get LTE soon.

223462776.png

5G here we come :)

I haven't done a speed test in a few weeks. The other day I had painfully slow speeds, ran the speed test and saw 50kbps. The next day to my shock it was over 1Mb/s! I've been noticing significantly faster 3G speeds around Paramus, Clifton, Saddle Brook and neighboring areas. I've measured as fast as 2GB per second on downloads and nearly 1MB per second on uploads. Most of the time it's been hovering around 1 to 1.5MB/s on downloads. These download speeds are at times are 10 times faster than I I normally got in the past lol. This has to be related to Network Vision right? Upgrading the 3G first and then hopefully get LTE soon.

223462776.png

• Like 1

I drive route 17 weekly and usually make a stop for gas at a Valero near the Saddle River exit. On Friday evening, my wife and I were driving north on 17 streaming music via Spotify and noticed that the music started getting exceedingly choppy just north of Paramus. By the time we were near Ho-ho-kus, the stream stopped working entirely. At that point I a few speed tests just to make sure it was Sprint and not Spotify. These were done at about 10:00 pm on Friday night starting when I was at that Valero station and ending around the time I passed the Smash Burger in Ramsay.

Down: 0.12 Mbps. Up: 0.14 Mbps. Ping: 741 ms.

Down: 0.07 Mbps. Up: 0.55 Mbps. Ping: 361 ms.

Down: 0.09 Mbps. Up: 0.38 Mbps. Ping: 422 ms.

I drive route 17 weekly and usually make a stop for gas at a Valero near the Saddle River exit. On Friday evening, my wife and I were driving north on 17 streaming music via Spotify and noticed that the music started getting exceedingly choppy just north of Paramus. By the time we were near Ho-ho-kus, the stream stopped working entirely. At that point I a few speed tests just to make sure it was Sprint and not Spotify. These were done at about 10:00 pm on Friday night starting when I was at that Valero station and ending around the time I passed the Smash Burger in Ramsay.

Down: 0.12 Mbps. Up: 0.14 Mbps. Ping: 741 ms.

Down: 0.07 Mbps. Up: 0.55 Mbps. Ping: 361 ms.

Down: 0.09 Mbps. Up: 0.38 Mbps. Ping: 422 ms.

Maybe the towers up in Ramsey have not been upgraded or these extremely slow speeds means the are in the process. I noticed pathetically slow speeds and then like magic the next day it was two to four times faster than normal. I was In Park Ridge on Saturday and saw over 1Mb/s. I saw higher speeds around Clifton, Bergen Town Center in Paramus, on route 17 near Garden Stater Plaza. Definitely no fluke.

Sprint's 3G is spotty and sometimes unusable during the day. I usually get 1Mb or higher anytime from 12 AM to 8 AM.

I guess it really depends on how much people are connected to the tower at a specific time of the day.

Edited by HappyHappy

Sprint's 3G is spotty and sometimes unusable during the day. I usually get 1Mb or higher anytime from 12 AM to 8 AM.

I guess it really depends on how much people are connected to the tower at a specific time of the day.

Yes, I've noticed the speeds aren't as fast during the day as it is early in the morning. But it's still way faster, still getting around 1 to 1.5Mbsp instead of over 2Mbps in off peak hours. And not every tower has these speeds. I could go two streets down from my house, and it's slower because it's connecting me to a different tower which may not be upgraded yet. I'm going to run more tests during the week around the area.

Maybe the towers up in Ramsey have not been upgraded or these extremely slow speeds means the are in the process. I noticed pathetically slow speeds and then like magic the next day it was two to four times faster than normal. I was In Park Ridge on Saturday and saw over 1Mb/s.  I saw higher speeds around Clifton, Bergen Town Center in Paramus, on route 17 near Garden Stater Plaza. Definitely no fluke.

as I said, the poor data started south of Ramsey - basically not long after I entered 17 near the Paramus Ikea; it did get progressively worse as I drove north. I will be passing there again on Thursday, so I'll run some more tests.

Yes, I've noticed the speeds aren't as fast during the day as it is early in the morning. But it's still way faster, still getting around 1 to 1.5Mbsp instead of over 2Mbps in off peak hours. And not every tower has these speeds. I could go two streets down from my house, and it's slower because it's connecting me to a different tower which may not be upgraded yet. I'm going to run more tests during the week around the area.

I am still getting pretty poor 3G speed with my Samsung Galaxy S3. But a few friends who has recently got the latest update from Sprint noticed increase in 3G speed (Sad because I have not gotten the update).

At peak hours I get 6 kbs to 221 kbs. Never exceeded 500 kbs mark.

Seems around the same I get here, not too far from you actually :tu:

Connected right now to the tower a block and half from my house, I'm getting .59mbps down, and .49mbps up :(

"Increased speeds in North Jersey" -- is that what you do in your car because you want to get the hell out of there?

;)

AJ

• Like 4

Lol...we're close enough to NYC without the crap.

I love living where I do, ease of commute, a 30 minute bus ride and I'm at work, and a backyard. Oh, and cheap gas I don't have to pump myself like a barbarian.

• Like 2

You were probably on 1xrtt data.

No it was EvdoA. Not sure if these upgrades is part of Network Vision or just a band aid fix. But I have been pleasantly surprised with the better service. I don't see improvements being widespread, just in certain areas, fortunately where I live and work the speeds are much improved.

alright, I drove 17 north on Thursday evening (8:20pm) and ran some speed tests. between the Paramus Ikea(where I enter 17 from 4) and the Linwood Avenue exit, I pulled the following speeds (in Mbps):

0.85 Down. 0.72 Up. Ping: 98ms

1.37 Down. 0.65 Up. Ping: 115ms

1.11 Down. 0.80 Up. Ping: 89ms

not as fast as what was reported earlier in this thread, but still fairly decent. things began to drop off considerably as I moved north of Ho-Ho-Kus.

Was at garden State plaza sat noonish. Horrible speed all day in the mall. My phone was dead by sundown. Was getting full signal everywhere except the theater. Next time I'll do speed test.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

alright, I drove 17 north on Thursday evening (8:20pm) and ran some speed tests. between the Paramus Ikea(where I enter 17 from 4) and the Linwood Avenue exit, I pulled the following speeds (in Mbps):

0.85 Down. 0.72 Up. Ping: 98ms

1.37 Down. 0.65 Up. Ping: 115ms

1.11 Down. 0.80 Up. Ping: 89ms

not as fast as what was reported earlier in this thread, but still fairly decent. things began to drop off considerably as I moved north of Ho-Ho-Kus.

Those speeds are what I have seen also, around 1 to 1.5MB. You can get 2+MB/s speeds early or late in the day. The other day I was getting 2.3MB/s at 9PM in Saddle Brook.

4G LTE or 4G Wimax?

Seriously if that's the case I'm taking a road trip this weekend.

I've received several reports of live LTE in the Old Bridge/Manalapan/Marlboro/Freehold FIT area.

Robert

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or did the nj lte map get a slight bump sensorly?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

The FIT area has had 4G LTE active for quite a long time. So the coverage in Sensorly in the Freehold/Marlboro area has grown a little bit every few weeks.

Robert