Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

When will the North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, & Wilmington) areas start with LTE Network Vision?

When will we expect coverage in the area?

Also, how good will this Advance 3G be when revised for better data speed coverage?

When will the North Carolina (Raleigh' date=' Durham, Charlotte, & Wilmington) areas start with LTE Network Vision?

When will we expect coverage in the area?

Also, how good will this Advance 3G be when revised for better data speed coverage?[/quote']

The Wilmington area is in the Sprint Myrtle Beach market and we have not announced it yet. There is no Advanced 3G that is a part of Network Vision, but Sprint is using Remote Radio units that will increase 3G signal strength by ~20%.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

• Like 2

The Wilmington area is in the Sprint Myrtle Beach market and we have not announced it yet. There is no Advanced 3G that is a part of Network Vision, but Sprint is using Remote Radio units that will increase 3G signal strength by ~20%.

Thanks, I just hope this increase helps cause in my area it's very difficult to use 3G while watching movies, and surfing the web.

Is there an update on the ETA when the Second Round will be? Since a lot stuff has changed in the last few months.......

Second Round markets were originally scheduled to start between July and December 2012. Now some are starting a little early, in May and June. But these early markets are not in NC. Stay tuned to S4GRU for more updates.

Second Round markets were originally scheduled to start between July and December 2012. Now some are starting a little early, in May and June. But these early markets are not in NC. Stay tuned to S4GRU for more updates.

ok, thanks again! will do!

• 2 months later...

Any word on the Burlington area. I know the Triangle is in the works but not sure how well it will reach.

The "triangle" isn't starting until later this year, and Burlington is in the Winston/Salem market, which has not been announced by S4GRU.com

youre saying it all wrong son, its the RESEARCH TRIANGLE

You might want to check again, their own website is (triangle.com). It hasn't been the research triangle since the city Research Triangle Park was formed.

whaaaaat.... thats crazy talk. we had a member on here insist all us in the Raleigh Durham area call it lovingly "The Research Triangle". I've never heard this myself, but I'm not in the cool kids club, I've only heard RTP or Triangle my whole time there.

whaaaaat.... thats crazy talk. we had a member on here insist all us in the Raleigh Durham area call it lovingly "The Research Triangle". I've never heard this myself, but I'm not in the cool kids club, I've only heard RTP or Triangle my whole time there.

Nope, Dan, that is not at all what I said. I made no claim about what locals call the area. Would you like to review?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1236-seeing-higher-speeds-in-charlotte/page__view__findpost__p__25741

But what you call yourself is sometimes not as prominent as what others call you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_Triangle

AJ

If you want to get technical its not "the research triangle" as you put it, its research triangle park, you were trying to tell me that Raleigh Durham Chapell Hill are the "research triangle", which its not, it IS the triangle, yes... but the research part is isolated to a single area of town, its not a colloquial term for the 3 cities, a proper colloquial term would be simply "the triangle" for the 3 cities, or "RTP" for Research Triangle Park.

If you want to insult me, then I am dumb as a box of rocks on spectrum, and you are spectrum god.... but I do know a thing or 2 about where I live ;-)

I also would not put 100% into a wiki.... even the page you showed me says:

"This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.(August 2007)"

If you want to get technical its not "the research triangle" as you put it, its research triangle park, you were trying to tell me that Raleigh Durham Chapell Hill are the "research triangle", which its not, it IS the triangle, yes... but the research part is isolated to a single area of town, its not a colloquial term for the 3 cities, a proper colloquial term would be simply "the triangle" for the 3 cities, or "RTP" for Research Triangle Park.

Give me a break, Dan. You can call yourselves whatever you want. Call yourselves "hot shit," for all I care. But I have studied geography formally, and many sources have long referred to the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill metro as the "Research Triangle" area or region. Deal with it. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Wikipedia, The New York Times, Harvard, Duke, etc.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/travel/14hours.html

http://www.harvardtriangle.org/

https://www.admissions.duke.edu/jump/campus/researchtriangle.html

AJ

Give me a break, Dan. You can call yourselves whatever you want. Call yourselves "hot shit," for all I care. But I have studied geography formally, and many sources have long referred to the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill metro as the "Research Triangle" area or region. Deal with it. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Wikipedia, The New York Times, Harvard, Duke, etc.

http://travel.nytime...el/14hours.html

http://www.harvardtriangle.org/

https://www.admissio...chtriangle.html

AJ

all these links you are sending me to reference back to schools... where research triangle term is used loosely, but you'll never hear 2 residents of the CITIES go... "yep, gunna rain in the research triangle today", cause its too easy to associate with RTP. obviously you're going to call it whatever you want.... mr. know it all.

where research triangle term is used loosely, but you'll never hear 2 residents of the CITIES go... "yep, gunna rain in the research triangle today", cause its too easy to associate with RTP.

Again, you are missing the point. This has absolutely nothing to do with what residents of Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill call themselves or their area. Assuredly, "The Triangle" has sufficient context and meaning for them. But, taken out of context, "The Triangle" has no specific meaning. It could refer to the geometric polygon, the engineering fraternity, or even some chick's pudendal area. But the "Research Triangle," at least among people moderately well versed in geography, has immediately recognizable context and meaning.

For another example that is related both nominally and geographically, take the metro area just an hour west of Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill. Residents of Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point probably shorten the name of their area to just "The Triad." But the term that geographers use is the "Piedmont Triad." And, like "Research Triangle," that provides unmistakable meaning and context above and beyond just "The Triad."

Similarly, I live in the Osage Cuestas physiographic region of Kansas. Ask an average resident of the area about the "Osage Cuestas" and be ready for a blank stare. No matter. That locals do not use certain terminology for their geographic area does not invalidate that terminology.

obviously you're going to call it whatever you want....

I do not live in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, so I see no reason to call it ambiguously "The Triangle." Thus, yes, I and many other geographers will continue to refer to the area as the "Research Triangle."

AJ

As a fellow geographer, I too have used the term Research Triangle in reference to RDU area for a long time. Whether the locals like the connotation or use it themselves is irrelevant.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Are we seriously arguing over what to call the Raleigh/Durham area? Lame... :td:

They're right above man, you're screwed in Burlington. :( Winston-Salem's market has gotten no love so far and probably won't for quite some time.

• Like 2

according to adam richmond, on man v. food season 1, episode 17 "north carolina"... he refers to the area, simply as the triangle... im going with adam!

If Adam RICHMAN says it, well then damn, I guess I've been out played. :pinch:

Robert

• Like 2

Richman... sorry... almost confused him with the confederate capital

No problem. I hear the locals just call him "The Man."

:P

AJ

• Like 1