can anybone confirm this tower to be a lte tower ??

I was driving by a sprint tower close by to me an I noticed a big change. Can any one tell me if this is a lte tower. It's in boca Raton fl 33434 the street is 441 an glades next to a bed bath an beyond lol

post-5752-0-53297900-1349303639_thumb.jpg

I don't believe so. Ericsson has only 3 or 4 sites done in Florida.. And those are Tampa and north.

Many Florida markets are active deployment areas. Remember that the sites on the NV Sites Complete map are the ones accepted by Sprint. There are usually a few weeks from the time subcontractors start working on a site until Sprint accepts it.

Robert

• Like 1

when i get the chance maybe tomorrow ill walk up underneath it an take a pic an try to get closer shots from a angle. i uploaded this from my galaxy s3 an i had to crop it cause the file was too big i have a lot of pictures like 20 pics lol. im hopeing in the coming weeks that they turn lte on. that tower didnt have all those panels a week ago its all new so they might be still working on it.

Many Florida markets are active deployment areas. Remember that the sites on the NV Sites Complete map are the ones accepted by Sprint. There are usually a few weeks from the time subcontractors start working on a site until Sprint accepts it.

Robert

Oh. I thought the sites were blocked (apart from testing) until accepted by Sprint.

Oh. I thought the sites were blocked (apart from testing) until accepted by Sprint.

Sites can be accepted but sprint can decide whatever they want to do with the tower signal.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Yes, but you were responding to a guy who was asking whether the tower he showed a picture of could have been upgraded. And you said you didn't think so because you didn't think work was under way in Florida. So what does being blocked have to do with a picture of a possible completed site? Maybe I am missing something. Did a post get deleted?

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Yes, but you were responding to a guy who was asking whether the tower he showed a picture of could have been upgraded. And you said you didn't think so because you didn't think work was under way in Florida. So what does being blocked have to do with a picture of a possible completed site? Maybe I am missing something. Did a post get deleted?

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Nope, just my stupidity. I thought he meant was the site functional. Sorry for the unneeded thinking I may have causes you. :P

• Like 1

It's a sprint tower. Sorry I had to crop it so I could upload it on here

looks like 6 different carriers, including sprint. What i was saying is, its hard to tell if the RRU's are on sprints area of the tower or someone elses, such as att

oo ok. im just hoping lte is coming to my area soon. i hate my data speeds of 0.5 to 2 mbps its so slow i cant down load movies it takes forever. i saw that in november lte might launch in miami, boca raton, boyton beach, and west palm beach. if there is any new news on update i would love to know. thank you to everyone on this post for your info so far

you should consider yourself lucky if you get .5- 2 mbps as this is much higher then most sprint customers. Lte is great. I downloaded a 700-850mb ROM pretty darn quick (5-10 min) (takes same time off my isp). For those who might say "data hog" to me, i do usually wifi offload, just didnt have access to computer at the time

• Like 1

well if there is worse the 0.5 mbps i would smash my phone an end my contract with sprint cause there is no way speeds should be slower then that lol. i never got wimax. wimax is real close but i cant get it unless i go a quarter mile up the street. thats when i had my evo shift. i kinda miss wimax but im being as patient as possible for lte it will be worth the wait