Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

I don't know work has started, I believe not but lately usually like Tuesday.Wednesday and Thursday mornings it seems that data goes out or the network completely...at first I thought it was me but my girlfriend old photon (best buy replaces it due to nasty bugs she had insurance) and my evo lte lost all conectivity. Then about two days ago it happen again this time she had her new shiny GS3 hers went into roaming and mine went into no network mode. I have my evo set to home only in the networks setting, which baffled me...IM just wondering, I called sprint and they told me that maintenance is occurring but they usually.never have the correct info. And then again today I lost all 3g and 1x data were completely out again... it just strange at time

I don't know work has started, I believe not but lately usually like Tuesday.Wednesday and Thursday mornings it seems that data goes out or the network completely...at first I thought it was me but my girlfriend old photon (best buy replaces it due to nasty bugs she had insurance) and my evo lte lost all conectivity. Then about two days ago it happen again this time she had her new shiny GS3 hers went into roaming and mine went into no network mode. I have my evo set to home only in the networks setting, which baffled me...IM just wondering, I called sprint and they told me that maintenance is occurring but they usually.never have the correct info. And then again today I lost all 3g and 1x data were completely out again... it just strange at time

That has happened to me once in a while. I think one day my data was down for like 6 hours, but it only happened once that I remember.

This is all good news. Been paying for Premium data since the Epic 4G was released and got to use WiMax all of 1% of the time I owned the phone. Now I'm 6 months into my LTE phones contract and still 0% use on LTE.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus

60% of the time, It works every time!

I travel up to Lake Elsinore quite a bit, where my brother lives he gets very speedy 3G near Flowerhill Dr. & Lost Rd. in 92532. However at Storm Stadium (formerly known as The Diamond) in Lake Elsinore, I've been getting rather subpar 3G service where it's so slow, it's impossible use any data (speeds of 100kbps or less). Honestly I 4G LTE would be fantastic, but I would be very ecstatic if I could just get some usable 3G. Are there any improvements coming to those areas I just mentioned?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I travel up to Lake Elsinore quite a bit, where my brother lives he gets very speedy 3G near Flowerhill Dr. & Lost Rd. in 92532. However at Storm Stadium (formerly known as The Diamond) in Lake Elsinore, I've been getting rather subpar 3G service where it's so slow, it's impossible use any data (speeds of 100kbps or less). Honestly I 4G LTE would be fantastic, but I would be very ecstatic if I could just get some usable 3G. Are there any improvements coming to those areas I just mentioned?

I hope so, I'm just up the hill from Storm Stadium. Verizon's LTE is pretty good all throughout the area so I'm really hoping Sprint comes through.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus

60% of the time, It works every time!

Is there any way to request, probably on deaf ears, more coverage for a city? Hemet/San Jacinto has probably close to 200,000 people living in the area now.. and as far as I can tell it is home to about 4 Sprint towers? No wonder those things get so bogged down! There are plenty of open fields, plenty of light towers at High School Football stadiums (which house 'other' network antennas)... I wonder if Sprint is even aware of how thin they are vs. how many people are spread out here....

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like San Diego is now getting a few hits of LTE along with Los Angeles, hopefully we start seeing some soon.

Anyone else in the area using sensorly?

I drive basically from Murrieta to Ontario everyday up the 15fwy but haven't had any luck seeing any LTE.

60% of the time it works every time!

*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

As someone who lives in San Diego County, I'm not seeing any Sprint 4G LTE on Sensorly. However Ehrpd seems to come and go, but that doesn't necessarily mean LTE is coming in the very near future.

Looks like San Diego is now getting a few hits of LTE along with Los Angeles' date=' hopefully we start seeing some soon.

Anyone else in the area using sensorly?

I drive basically from Murrieta to Ontario everyday up the 15fwy but haven't had any luck seeing any LTE.

[/quote']

The Riverside/San Bernardino market is large and spread out, it will take them time to deploy along I-15. Around once a month, I go thru the I-15 corridor from Barstow to Baker, and sometimes between Barstow & the 210 freeway, and the bad service is enough to drive me crazy. Plus the fact that Alcatel/Lucent is building all 5 Southern California markets at the same time.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

As someone who lives in San Diego County, I'm not seeing any Sprint 4G LTE on Sensorly. However Ehrpd seems to come and go, but that doesn't necessarily mean LTE is coming in the very near future.

I thought I had read in the San Diego thread people were seeing some test spots of LTE but I must have misunderstood.

The Riverside/San Bernardino market is large and spread out, it will take them time to deploy along I-15. Around once a month, I go thru the I-15 corridor from Barstow to Baker, and sometimes between Barstow & the 210 freeway, and the bad service is enough to drive me crazy. Plus the fact that Alcatel/Lucent is building all 5 Southern California markets at the same time.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

The problem with Riverside / San Bernardino for sure is the size of the market is huge compared to LA or SD. I wish there was more info about our county's. I had posted these photos in another thread and was hoping it was a good sign.

Work

edutusen.jpg

Home

erepe2e5.jpg

• Like 1

The problem with Riverside / San Bernardino for sure is the size of the market is huge compared to LA or SD. I wish there was more info about our county's. I had posted these photos in another thread and was hoping it was a good sign.

Work

Home

LA and SD have cell splitting, and likely more cell sites to upgrade. Cell size largely depends on the population density, not the propagation of the signal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Midway through December, very quite in this section of Southern California.

I thought we would at least be seeing a little bit of news by now. Probably shouldn't have renewed with the Galaxy Nexus but I had hoped LTE would have been running in my area by now. I don't want to pay to cancel but...

Edited by Mobius360

I thought we would at least be seeing a little bit of news by now. Probably shouldn't have renewed with the Galaxy Nexus but I had hoped LTE would have been running in my area by now. I don't want to pay to cancel but...

You know you're borderline violating S4gru rules with your pessimism right?

Negative comments. Negative comments about Sprint and/or S4GRU are allowed. However, negative comments must be constructive in nature, relevant to the topic and the conversation, illustrate facts, be made rationally and intelligently and cannot have an attack tone. Rants will not be allowed. We do not host Sprint's complaints. Complaints about Sprint should be directed to their customer service channels.

http://s4gru.com/ind...-aka-the-rulez/

Anyways. As a sponsor,all I will tell you is there are NV upgrades in that market but nothing major yet compared to LA or SF markets. Work is highly likely to be on going but comparatively "slow" compared to your northern neighbors. Recent s4gru NV map updates have indicated that the OEMs are speeding up deployment in a lot of markets so it shant be long before you start seeing increased activity.

Though, you may see more updates up north as Alcatel-Lucent (Socal OEM) doesn't seem to be deploying as fast as Sammy is up north in the SF Bay area.

• Like 2

All markets in SoCal are actively being deployed except Lower Central Valley. Not bad, I'd say.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

All markets in SoCal are actively being deployed except Lower Central Valley. Not bad' date=' I'd say.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

[/quote']

The upper Central Valley work has started? Nice!

It appears to me that Samsung is more conservative on how much they are doing at any given time, while AlcatelLucent is going "hog wild" and is now actively deploying in almost every market they will be doing work in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Paradigm 3.0 using Forum Runner

The upper Central Valley work has started? Nice!

It appears to me that Samsung is more conservative on how much they are doing at any given time, while AlcatelLucent is going "hog wild" and is now actively deploying in almost every market they will be doing work in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Paradigm 3.0 using Forum Runner

Southern Cali -- Not NorCal. Upper Central Valley hasn't started yet.

• Like 1

It seems like people are suggesting that work on the IE will begin soon and will be lighting up in the next month or two. The service around my area (Rancho) is super bad. Sad, because I moved here from Denver where I got 2mb down on 3g all the time.

It seems like people are suggesting that work on the IE will begin soon and will be lighting up in the next month or two. The service around my area (Rancho) is super bad. Sad, because I moved here from Denver where I got 2mb down on 3g all the time.

Work has already begun in the Riverside/San Bernardino market (which covers the Inland Empire). But it will still be a few months before LTE starts lighting up.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

That is what I have heard. When it is done, It will be amazing. Just gotta hang in until then. I think that one thing all the haters don't realize is what Network Vision will do. We will have the best network in America, by a long shot. They will raise prices, and new subscribers will have to pay more. Older customers on older plans, will not. Pretty nice time to be with Sprint. Even though the service right now is pretty spotty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Galaxy S III and coverage in Moreno Valley is excellent close to 3mbps on 3g. Can't wait to see what LTE has in store many of my friends have Verizon and they tell me their LTE is 51/50 at times so hopefully Sprint has theirs be more stable

New panels being installed at Landau and 30th. Ave. in Cathedral City, CA. The ones on the ends are old. New are being placed towards the inside.

8358446163_4725c372f1.jpg

Tower at Date Palm Dr. and Interstate 10 in Cathedral City, CA. New panels have some visible wiring.

8359527762_7fb332c34a.jpg