Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Just got this text:

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade1 Reply S to stop.

Got it yesterday too. Hopefully there's going to be a huge batch of 3G acceptances soon though, because there's still large chunks that seemingly haven't been worked on.

Anyone noticing 4G dropouts all around the county?

We've have solid 4G at home for about two months, but it went away Friday and sent my wife's GS3 into a reboot cycle. My GNex and ZING handled it much more gracefully. I ended up driving over the hill to a different tower area so that I could update her profile and turn off LTE.

Here's Sprint's response today to the growing report thread in the Sprint COmmunities.

Anyone noticing 4G dropouts all around the county?

We've have solid 4G at home for about two months, but it went away Friday and sent my wife's GS3 into a reboot cycle. My GNex and ZING handled it much more gracefully. I ended up driving over the hill to a different tower area so that I could update her profile and turn off LTE.

Here's Sprint's response today to the growing report thread in the Sprint COmmunities.

My HTC One is still doing the "SIM card not found" thing, so I figured it was that.  :(

I've been getting horrible data, and voice at work in Encinitas for a week and half now. Use to have excellent LTE signals for a few months that was ranging from -83 dBm to -90dBm. Also had excellent. Now it's in the high 100s, switches from poor LTE to spotty to poor 3G. I've been having many dropped calls, and no data at times.  What's even more interesting, I get LTE inside the back of buliding, and 3G in the front office inside the building. When I go outside of the building to the parking lot, extremely poor 3G at times.

Must be tuning up in the area?

I've been getting horrible data, and voice

Speak of the devil. Dropping from LTE to 3G

Hi Marv1 & dmatty, in the thread on Spring Community that I linked to earlier, this post identifies the issue as troubled OEM equipment deployed across the San Diego market:

Hopefully they'll get a handle on the problem in the next several days. In the meantime, my wife's SG3 works only when LTE is turned off or in Airplane mode; my GNex and ZING work just fine.

Have fun!

John

Hi Marv1 & dmatty, in the thread on Spring Community that I linked to earlier, this post identifies the issue as troubled OEM equipment deployed across the San Diego market:

Hopefully they'll get a handle on the problem in the next several days. In the meantime, my wife's SG3 works only when LTE is turned off or in Airplane mode; my GNex and ZING work just fine.

Have fun!

John

Thanks jsage for that info! I see it's a good chunk of San Diego. Last week I didn't have service at home for 2 days. I called Sprint regarding the issue, placed a ticket, and 2 days later Sprint Zone confirmed tower issues. What's really messed up is that they only gave me a $10 credit. Are they getting stingy these days?  What happen to those $20 and $25 credits for not having a couple days of service?????

Until the issue is fixed, I'll be on 3G for the time being. I'm very happy to finally have great consistent 3G data speeds at home finally, since last week's issues. The best ever honestly. Upgrades must be around the corner. Voice still isn't that great now. 

The symptoms weren't nearly as bad for me. I'd be sitting at my desk where I've had strong LTE for a while, then my GS3 would drop to slow 3G for data. I'd cycle through airplane mode, and it would be back to LTE.

The symptoms weren't nearly as bad for me. I'd be sitting at my desk where I've had strong LTE for a while, then my GS3 would drop to slow 3G for data. I'd cycle through airplane mode, and it would be back to LTE.

My wife's GS3 isn't so fortunate. I either have to turn off LTE in Settings or put it into Airplane mode and only use WiFi. If I don't her phone reboots about every thirty minutes.

There's still one tower down near our home, so it's been one full week of pain for her  :(

Have fun,

John

My LTE stays connected on G2 but slow speeds recently.  Its ok anyways because i force it in 3g so it will work with my Air Rave, which as of lately hasnt been connecting either... hmmm

Dropped a couple of calls on La Jolla Village Drive last night. You would think that you could get good reception there.

Dropped to 3G data at Palomar Airport Road/Business Park Drive on the Carlsbad/Vista border, but an airplane mode cycle fixed that.

Dropped a couple of calls on La Jolla Village Drive last night. You would think that you could get good reception there.

Dropped to 3G data at Palomar Airport Road/Business Park Drive on the Carlsbad/Vista border, but an airplane mode cycle fixed that.

I was in La Jolla (Eastgate) most of the morning and afternoon for a meeting last Saturday. Voice was a little spotty, and data was terrible. 

A crew is working on a high capacity site near where you were, by Sea World. Maybe their testing is interfering with data. Voice seems solid but data drops out and back again.

I just ran a test and got 0.24 Mbs down. Usually it would be 1.5 - 2.25.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Went to Walmart on the 76 and College Blvd, where LTE is live and complete just recently. Did a speed test and got 26.16 up and 6.46 down. Excellent service inside the store with voice and data, when i use to be dead slow and ssometimes useless before LTE. 

3G data and voice up and down Douglas Dr to Vandergrift is better than ever. 2 sites on base that's close to the back gate is looking promising! 

Wonder if we will get Spark this year.  Spark speeds looks promising.

Spark requires 800, no? If so, we definitely won't get it this year (or at the very least, won't be announced by Sprint).

Spark requires 800, no? If so, we definitely won't get it this year (or at the very least, won't be announced by Sprint).

2500/2600.  We won't see 800mhz until maybe 2015.

Spark is really just a reference to Band 41 (2600). However, Sprint is using it more broadly now to just mean their entire LTE network. Now Spark capable devices always show the Spark signal when using any LTE signal. However, Spark really never really means Band 26 (800).

Sprint is king of changing after the fact for Spark to embody the full capability orbits multi band network. The comprehensiveness of availability on B25, the performance and capacity of B41 and the range and in building availability of B26. All combined into Spark.

It's marketing phooey. Spark should have just been limited to B41 in my opinion. And Turbo describes just the B41 with upgraded super fast backhaul.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I've been getting horrible data, and voice at work in Encinitas for a week and half now. Use to have excellent LTE signals for a few months that was ranging from -83 dBm to -90dBm. Also had excellent. Now it's in the high 100s, switches from poor LTE to spotty to poor 3G. I've been having many dropped calls, and no data at times.  What's even more interesting, I get LTE inside the back of buliding, and 3G in the front office inside the building. When I go outside of the building to the parking lot, extremely poor 3G at times.

Must be tuning up in the area?

The Sprint site I connect to is the Frogs Gym off of El Camino Real/Garden view. Today I noticed new equipment being installed on top of the backside of the building, which is causing what I mentioned above.

• 2 weeks later...

Still an occasional bad pocket in San Diego. These might be the worst ping times I've ever had of all time. This was inside the Jenny Craig Pavilion at USD, about 40 minutes before tip of the Gonzaga/USD game. 0.04Mbps download/0.22 Mbps upload with a ping of 2,771ms on CDMA. On eHRPD it was 0.14 Mbps download/0.26Mbps upload with a ping time of 1,465ms.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Still an occasional bad pocket in San Diego. These might be the worst ping times I've ever had of all time. This was inside the Jenny Craig Pavilion at USD, about 40 minutes before tip of the Gonzaga/USD game. 0.04Mbps download/0.22 Mbps upload with a ping of 2,771ms on CDMA. On eHRPD it was 0.14 Mbps download/0.26Mbps upload with a ping time of 1,465ms.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It is because the site on USD campus hasn't even been upgraded. Hopefully by May this year all 3G NV is fully completed for San Diego.