Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

WRAL is reporting RDU is being delayed (or at least not prioritized) for NV updates.

http://wraltechwire.com/business/tech_wire/opinion/blogpost/11546821/

Does this jive with what you've heard, or is it wrong information? The running list here says RDU is due for launch in December.

I think this story is a little wrong (they asked for a comment from a Sprint CSR; apparently by chat, not an official PR spokesperson).

Funny how some rep on chat that is probably from another country doesn't know the term Research Triagle, and that it means Raleigh-Durham.

I didn't know what the "research triangle" was until I read about it on here.

Was WRAL the one flying a helicopter over the Cary Post Office because some "white substance" was on the floor? I'm pretty sure it was them. It may have been WNCN. Anyway, you know those local news people. Anything for a "breaking" story. Anyway the substance turned out to be nothing. Probably the same with this writer's logic.

nevermind... it was WTVD (http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=8768057) But my point stays the same. Local news will try anything for a scoop/good story.

Edited by theDrizzle

Was WRAL the one flying a helicopter over the Cary Post Office because some "white substance" was on the floor? I'm pretty sure it was them. It may have been WNCN. Anyway, you know those local news people. Anything for a "breaking" story. Anyway the substance turned out to be nothing. Probably the same with this writer's logic.

It was Network Vision residue! :rofl:

Robert

• Like 2

In all seriousness though, I've noticed a boost in the Cary area of late. So much so that I swapped my temp. wimax conquer back for my galaxy nexus and can't tell the difference anymore. So whether they're working on NV or not, it's getting better.

• 2 weeks later...
In all seriousness though, I've noticed a boost in the Cary area of late. So much so that I swapped my temp. wimax conquer back for my galaxy nexus and can't tell the difference anymore. So whether they're working on NV or not, it's getting better.

that's good to hear. I still can barely use my galaxy s3 from work in RTP. (Near Davis and 54)

I'm praying that when they open up it will fix the complete lack of signal here. :(

And my speeds at home have gone down significantly on 3g in the last few months.

Edited by hscrugby

Oh I hear ya on that. before it got better here in Cary, I was getting 20kbps max (typically 2-5kbps) down. Now I get 500-600 mid day and 800-1000 in the morning. It's probably just a "band-aid" fix though.

• 2 weeks later...

No need to map it as it technically is still evdo.

It is a software upgrade to the tower. It doesn't mean NV has started yet as there are markets that won't start for a while that already had ehrpd for a few months.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

ah boooooo still at least something is going on though.

Yes, indeed as I felt the same way as I haven't seen anything change in our market in over 6 years or so. But then after you think about it, it kinda brings you back down to zero. Looking for that tower work myself. That would be some excitement!

To my amazement, I see eHRPD is the connection in my cube now (was EVDO Rev A before). Told ya something was up! Proof NV work going on? Mapping to sensorly now.

Where is the tower? Also keep in mind that the state fair is in town. I have noticed in the last week or so that data speeds around the fair grounds and rex have been increase and are more consistent.

Right, many folks have seen this happen often in other markets too. Flips back and forth between the two.

Good to hear someone finally sees it here though. I stopped by two towers today where work was scheduled to start in September and still nothing. No new panels, no new equipment. The areas didn't look disturbed at all.

So, we're either behind schedule or the order of towers has changed around some. Bothers me we STILL weren't in Sprint's list of markets with active deployment.

Right' date=' many folks have seen this happen often in other markets too. Flips back and forth between the two.

Good to hear someone finally sees it here though. I stopped by two towers today where work was scheduled to start in September and still nothing. No new panels, no new equipment. The areas didn't look disturbed at all.

So, we're either behind schedule or the order of towers has changed around some. Bothers me we STILL weren't in Sprint's list of markets with active deployment.[/quote']

Based on my sources, so far Sprint's lists have only included cities that can launch or prelaunch before the end of the year.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Seems like a lot of towers in the metro raleigh area have ehrpd. I checked in the immediate area of the state fair, nc state, garner and clayton and they all popped up with ehrpd. I will see what it looks like tonight.

Seems like a lot of towers in the metro raleigh area have ehrpd. I checked in the immediate area of the state fair, nc state, garner and clayton and they all popped up with ehrpd. I will see what it looks like tonight.

They usually do the entire market at one time.