Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

ytemyne6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHOA, where are you? Because right now, that GCI (Cell Identity) shouldn't exist in our market.

08618301 is apart of 086183xx which I don't show in our market pattern.

I got that from 23 north and 270 worthington area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you may have found a site not originally planned to get LTE. Thanks for cross street area. I'm pretty sure, one of our sponsors will scope out the area more if you don't prior to.

I have what I'm sure will be a dumb question.  I used to be one of those people that was misinformed about PRLs by Sprint, and I believed they were essentially a list of MAC addresses for towers that told you which ones you could and could not connect to.  I have long since been straightened out on that.  So my question is, if all the PRL is really doing is telling your phone what frequencies to look for and in what order, why does it get updated so frequently?  It seems like I get a new PRL 4-6 times a year.  Their frequency hopping logic can't change THAT often, can it?  Or do I still have an overly simplified idea of what the PRL is doing?  Are Sprint's roaming agreements changing frequently enough to justify all these updates?  I know some of you on here pick apart these PRLs, so I guess you would have an idea of what actually changes in an update.

I have what I'm sure will be a dumb question.  I used to be one of those people that was misinformed about PRLs by Sprint, and I believed they were essentially a list of MAC addresses for towers that told you which ones you could and could not connect to.  I have long since been straightened out on that.  So my question is, if all the PRL is really doing is telling your phone what frequencies to look for and in what order, why does it get updated so frequently?  It seems like I get a new PRL 4-6 times a year.  Their frequency hopping logic can't change THAT often, can it?  Or do I still have an overly simplified idea of what the PRL is doing?  Are Sprint's roaming agreements changing frequently enough to justify all these updates?  I know some of you on here pick apart these PRLs, so I guess you would have an idea of what actually changes in an update.

The PRL's are distributed nationwide instead of on a regional basis. Most times they don't affect us and it is because of changing roaming contracts with other carriers. Instead of having regional PRL's to manage, it's easier to just do a few sets.

The latest changes removed a couple carriers from our region, both went out of business. It's discussed in one of the open threads I believe.

• Like 2

:sunny: Zanesville is now shown as being launched on Sprint LTE data coverage maps.  This starts after Linville in the west, 1/2 of New Concord in the east, and Dresden in the north, South Zanesville in the south. http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=SJS:HE:Cov

zanesville launch.JPG

The also now include half of Bellefontaine and further west.  This surprises me as Bellefontaine has only had LTE for a week or two.  I would have expected London instead.

• Like 3

Nice, without b26 and b41...cant wait for these areas to explode when the other bands are lit up. Has anyone been around the Zanesville area to test it lately.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I did some cleanup a couple of weeks ago, coverage is quite good north of I-70.  Some weak spots south of I-70, which would be fixed if the last site goes 4g.  Just to the south, Roseville and Crooksville may get left in the dust for a while

Hello all, it seems that the tower on Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd, the one that runs thru the power line support, is finally getting some love.

Was driving by it and saw brand new cabinets, all wrapped in plastic and protective cushions, was going to take pics, but there was a crew working on it already. So, I took the pics of that. Hope it's finally getting LTE and not just NV, given the tower's location, I have my doubts. Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hello all, it seems that the tower on Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd, the one that runs thru the power line support, is finally getting some love.

Was driving by it and saw brand new cabinets, all wrapped in plastic and protective cushions, was going to take pics, but there was a crew working on it already. So, I took the pics of that. Hope it's finally getting LTE and not just NV, given the tower's location, I have my doubts.

My wife  told me she saw trucks of guys there yesterday (Friday 3/14 ) doing work on that tower..

I never doubted LTE it was coming there - eventually it would have to be flipped on with all the other towers in this area -  in a cluster I suppose.... It seems in many cases the cabinets come many weeks before anything, but you never know... 

• Like 1

My wife told me she saw trucks of guys there yesterday (Friday 3/14 ) doing work on that tower..

I never doubted LTE it was coming there - eventually it would have to be flipped on with all the other towers in this area - in a cluster I suppose.... It seems in many cases the cabinets come many weeks before anything, but you never know...

I figured they had to be there either yesterday, 3/14/14, or today. I'll keep an eye on it. I travel past it to and from work. Been looking at that tower and wondering how they could add more panels.

Was driving by it and saw brand new cabinets, all wrapped in plastic and protective cushions, was going to take pics, but there was a crew working on it already. So, I took the pics of that. Hope it's finally getting LTE and not just NV, given the tower's location, I have my doubts. Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Thanks for posting the pics. You should donate at your earliest convenience so you can see more info about the site in question, along with others in your area.

That said, here's pics I posted on March 6th to the Columbus Sponsor thread. As you can see, new CABs have already been installed, and would have to be running to be NV accepted.

I'm guessing you saw new antenna panels ready to be be installed. Keep looking up and report back, hopefully over in the Sponsor forum.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks for posting the pics. You should donate at your earliest convenience so you can see more info about the site in question, along with others in your area.

That said, here's pics I posted on March 6th to the Columbus Sponsor thread. As you can see, new CABs have already been installed, and would have to be running to be NV accepted.

I'm guessing you saw new antenna panels ready to be be installed. Keep looking up and report back, hopefully over in the Sponsor forum.

a7e6abag.jpge5ere7ad.jpgqyserane.jpg6eva6udy.jpg

Yours is Morse/Reyn-NA. His is Broad/Reyn-NA where Andy posted pics in chat. Notice the cultivated back yards to the right in his picture?

• Like 2

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'm a sponsor already :) but the cabinets I saw today were new. They weren't there on Thursday when I drove by. These looked new, in wrapping. I'll check it out tomorrow or Monday.

I haven't checked out the sponsor map in a while, seeing those cabs made me revisit it.

• Like 1