Sprint is doing a live tour of the cell site

So Sprint just tweeted this

"In #Baltimore? Watch @FOXBaltimore tomorrow 6-10 a.m. to see @sprint live tour of cell site & learn about our all-new network. #Sprint4GLTE"

This might be good, I am not in the Baltimore area so if anyone can tune in and possibly record it or something it would be awesome.

So Sprint just tweeted this

"In #Baltimore? Watch @FOXBaltimore tomorrow 6-10 a.m. to see @sprint live tour of cell site & learn about our all-new network. #Sprint4GLTE"

This might be good, I am not in the Baltimore area so if anyone can tune in and possibly record it or something it would be awesome.

Wonder is Baltimore is launching tomorrow??

At least it tells the masses that something is happening in the market.

Reading the title, I was kinda of hopeing that Sprint would be having a music tour, kinda like VM's Music Festival.

Hesse would be the lead singer.

Faraz on keyboard........I need coffee :coffee:

Count me in on the crowd who wants to see the clip. Hopefully it ends up on the station's website or YouTube though. Also, hopefully Sprint is magically able to turn on Baltimore at that point (maybe they got enough backhaul going over the past week or two?).

And Robert could play the drums!

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I haven't played since my tragic accident at Coachella in 1998.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

That guy in the picture is Viet Chu: http://www.computerw...sured_at_15Mbps

I hope he does not go by the nickname "Charlie." Scott might have flashbacks.

AJ

• Like 1

So does this mean that LTE is now live in Baltimore? The article title certainly seems to imply that?

We have received dozens of reports of live LTE connections from S4GRU members for the past 10 days, as well as our NV Sites Complete Map shows lots of completed LTE sites around the Baltimore market. So it seems they are not blocking LTE connections around Baltimore prior to launch the way they did the first launched markets. However, Sprint has not formally launched LTE service in Baltimore, yet.

Robert

• Like 1

LTE is widely perceived to save network operators costs because it gives greater coverage than older technologies, cutting down on the number of cell sites, towers, antennas and base stations with routers and other gear needed as usage increases. In addition to offering greater in-building coverage

Seems like an inaccuracy in the article. More efficient use of spectrum, yes, more coverage, no. Seems like they are confusing coverage and capacity, which seems to happen a lot.

• Like 1

I hope he does not go by the nickname "Charlie." Scott might have flashbacks.

AJ

LOL, I'm not that old... Now if his name was Dirka Dirka Muhammad Jihad, I might have some flashbacks.

They're probably confusing LTE with Verizon/AT&T's 700MHz LTE, which does give better coverage and in-building penetration for a given number of cell sites...and more capacity vs. older technologies. Whereas Sprint's LTE gives comparable coverage but significantly more capacity on PCS...more coverage will come later.

Seems like an inaccuracy in the article. More efficient use of spectrum, yes, more coverage, no. Seems like they are confusing coverage and capacity, which seems to happen a lot.

They're probably confusing LTE with Verizon/AT&T's 700MHz LTE, which does give better coverage and in-building penetration for a given number of cell sites...and more capacity vs. older technologies. Whereas Sprint's LTE gives comparable coverage but significantly more capacity on PCS...more coverage will come later.

Yeah, tech journalists need to understand the difference between LTE and frequency and how they impact propagation/coverage. This is definitely an error.

Robert