Is it possible for the Sprint Galaxy SIII to have HD Voice?

chappo2000

Hey....

Reading this article got me thinking....I could have sworn that the Galaxy SIII for Sprint was missing HD Voice, unlike the EVO LTE. Is this true? Is it technically possible to Sprint to "enable" it via a software update? Or would it require hardware that the Sprint variant of the SIII simply doesn't possess?

Thanks for any information....

Hey....

Reading this article got me thinking....I could have sworn that the Galaxy SIII for Sprint was missing HD Voice, unlike the EVO LTE. Is this true? Is it technically possible to Sprint to "enable" it via a software update? Or would it require hardware that the Sprint variant of the SIII simply doesn't possess?

Thanks for any information....

I guess it would depend on the audio chipset between the two handsets. I seem to remember that HD voice required a certain audio codec and if the hardware doesn't support the codec, then I don't think it will happen.

Kinda like going from a 32kbps MP3 to a 256kbps MP3. Not the real numbers but you get the drift. Or another example, going from cell phone to cell phone call then calling the same person on Skype to skype. Huge difference.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

To the end user, the biggest difference effected by HD Voice is extended frequency response (i.e. higher highs, lower lows). To CDMA1X, though, HD Voice is just EVRC-NW, which is just another max 8 kbps variable rate codec.

AJ

To the end user, the biggest difference effected by HD Voice is extended frequency response (i.e. higher highs, lower lows). To CDMA1X, though, HD Voice is just EVRC-NW, which is just another max 8 kbps variable rate codec.

AJ

So does this mean it will eventually not require any special hardware?

Separate and less important, but has anyone messed with the in call eq settings ? Any feedback on different settings impacting clarity or natural sound?

Try the Barry White setting. It is definitely superior to the Fran Drescher setting.

AJ

• Like 3