LTE Coverage Map - McKinney, Texas 8/7/2012

S4GRU

Sprint LTE-1900 Coverage Map of McKinney, TX as of 8/8/2012

gallery_1_1_23104.jpg

And for comparison, here is Sprint's overly optimistic LTE coverage for the area. I used actual Sprint data for tower heights and figured range (downtilt) for sectors based on using 2/3 of the distance to the next adjacent tower.

Robert

gallery_1_1_47402.jpg

There is an interactive version of our Coverage Map in our Sponsor section. You can read this thread for more information about how to become a S4GRU Sponsor. Sponsorship gets you access to even more content.

S4GRU coverage maps created using CloudRF.com

• Like 2

Sprint LTE-1900 Coverage Map of McKinney, TX as of 8/8/2012

gallery_1_1_23104.jpg

And for comparison, here is Sprint's overly optimistic LTE coverage for the area. I used actual Sprint data for tower heights and figured range (downtilt) for sectors based on using 2/3 of the distance to the next adjacent tower.

Robert

gallery_1_1_47402.jpg

There is an interactive version of our Coverage Map in our Sponsor section. You can read this thread for more information about how to become a S4GRU Sponsor. Sponsorship gets you access to even more content.

S4GRU coverage maps created using CloudRF.com

What made you single out McKinney? I live her in McKinney so I was jisy wondering

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

What made you single out McKinney? I live her in McKinney so I was jisy wondering

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I did it just for you. :rofl:

Seriously...we had a member come and say they live in McKinney and could not get a LTE signal on his GS3. So I created this map for him, and then posted it for everyone.

Robert

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

the official map from sprint coverage is even more exagerrated now past the point of false advertising...,

i live in melissa tx and while the map shows i supposed to have lte coverage, still nothing, only place i've gotten lte coverage is in small spots and i mean small boxes 1 foot by 1 foot... in mckinney, but not very many if i move one foot at church i lose it... frisco and plano i havent seen any lte service no matter where i go...

dont know if its a iphone 5 issue, or not, but soem friends with android lte devices claim the same...

the official map from sprint coverage is even more exagerrated now past the point of false advertising...,

i live in melissa tx and while the map shows i supposed to have lte coverage, still nothing, only place i've gotten lte coverage is in small spots and i mean small boxes 1 foot by 1 foot... in mckinney, but not very many if i move one foot at church i lose it... frisco and plano i havent seen any lte service no matter where i go...

dont know if its a iphone 5 issue, or not, but soem friends with android lte devices claim the same...

Yeah, I noticed the Sprint map now shows almost all of east Collin County, Tx with LTE coverage. The changes would indicate a recent expansion from the previous map. Robert does not show the towers near Lake Lavon completed. They were scheduled for August completion. My wife's Iphone 5 is arriving soon so I hope to help map out what the truth is.

Correct. Both the S4GRU Coverage Map and Sprint Map shown at the top were from 8/8/2012. Coverages have probably changed since then.

Robert

Correct. Both the S4GRU Coverage Map and Sprint Map shown at the top were from 8/8/2012. Coverages have probably changed since then.

Robert

Robert. can you confirm if towers DA73XC063 or DA73XC041 are LTE complete yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Robert. can you confirm if towers DA73XC063 or DA73XC041 are LTE complete yet? These are near Lake Lavon. If they are active, then I am out of luck. I'm surrounded by these 2 and DA73XC010 and DA60XC972. Still no LTE at home, although there is some nearby that I've mapped on Sensorly. I appreciate you checking for me.

Robert. can you confirm if towers DA73XC063 or DA73XC041 are LTE complete yet? These are near Lake Lavon. If they are active' date=' then I am out of luck. I'm surrounded by these 2 and DA73XC010 and DA60XC972. Still no LTE at home, although there is some nearby that I've mapped on Sensorly. I appreciate you checking for me.[/quote']

As a Sponsor, you have access to the NV Sites Complete map. It don't have any more information about complete sites than what we show there. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Thanks. I saw your most recent update after I posted this. It shows DA73XC010 as complete and DA03XC192 also. Both are near Hwy. 75. The other 3 are not yet complete, however I can report that I got a weak LTE signal on CR 546 with download speeds of 5-6 Mbps. I also observed a strong signal on Hwy 380 at Airport Road of -80/90 Db and download speeds of 17-25 Mbps