Xbox Live over LTE

themuffinman

So its saturday and I was bored as hell and I had a craving for some Call of Duty MW3. So I fired up the xbox

and started playing a few online matches up until my comcast service started tripping out and I couldn't play. So I got desperate and fired up wifi tether on the gnex and continued my gaming session for the next two hours. I have to say that the experience was butter smooth with absolutely NO hint of lag whatsoever. Now I have done this in the past over 3g and it actually wasn't that bad, I also done this over wimax which was a lot better but you can tell that latency was still somewhat of an issue but with lte it felt like I was playing on my home isp, it was great. Also, playing online doesn't use as much data as you'd think, after 2 hours wifi tether reported that I downloaded about 25meg and uploaded about 30meg.

• Like 9

I've played League of Legends (PC RTS sort of thing, except more latency sensitive) over VZW and TMo 4G...will do so on Sprint probably in mid August. You could tell the connection was over cellular with the two I have tried...higher latency...but Both were very playable. On Sprint, from what I've seen so far, the experience should actually be comparable to playing on a wireline connection.

• Like 1

I've played League of Legends (PC RTS sort of thing, except more latency sensitive) over VZW and TMo 4G...will do so on Sprint probably in mid August. You could tell the connection was over cellular with the two I have tried...higher latency...but Both were very playable. On Sprint, from what I've seen so far, the experience should actually be comparable to playing on a wireline connection.

Love League of Legends!!!!! I've played League of Legends over Wimax connection via wifi-tether and it seems to be ok if the connection is strong. Since the Wimax connection at my house is just avg, I do get latency spikes sometimes and I can definitely tell that I am playing over a cellular connection.

Round up the posse. Our trusted right hand man, themuffinman, has gone rogue, running an illicit LTE tethering scheme. We have to bring him in -- preferably, alive.

AJ

• Like 9

Round up the posse. Our trusted right hand man, themuffinman, has gone rogue, running an illicit LTE tethering scheme. We have to bring him in -- preferably, alive.

AJ

Preferably but not necessarily?

Should we send the moderators after one of their own?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Preferably but not necessarily?

Hey, have you seen Roy's avatar photo? He is armed and dangerous. He may not even allow himself to be taken alive.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Hey, have you seen Roy's avatar photo? He is armed and dangerous. He may not even allow himself to be taken alive.

AJ

I have and that is why I did not volunteer ;)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

;)

AJ

LMAO, I'm an accountant, the worst I could possibly do is stab you with a calculator.

LMAO, I'm an accountant, the worst I could possibly do is stab you with a calculator.

Yeah so was the guy in that movie "Wanted". Turns out he was from a long line of assassins. So the killing with a calculator thing is probably just one of your many skills.

• Like 2

Yeah so was the guy in that movie "Wanted". Turns out he was from a long line of assassins. So the killing with a calculator thing is probably just one of your many skills.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Well I guess I can't argue with you on that one.