Network Vision/LTE - San Antonio market

flyer8493

Im all over San Antonio all day everyday. Ive been seeing LTE come alive today all over town.

These are some of the speed Ive gotten so far.

34.06 Mbps down ----- 12.80 Mbps up

27.62 Mbps down ------ 11.74 Mbps up

26.07 Mbps down ------ 8.97 Mbps up

My Average out of seven test is

18.65 Mbps down ------ 9.71 Mbps up

These were all test in the Universal City, Selma, Schertz area

Im fairly impressed.

The one thing im not to happy about is that for some reason I dont get LTE at my home. I dont know why because Im only about a mile and a half away from a LTE tower.

My tower is acually a water tower and Im beginning to think that maybe only one side of that water tower has LTE. If go to the other side of the tower in question I have LTE, I go to the opposite side and I get 3g. Im kind of dissapointed in this.

Oh, also the fact that I must manually cycle my EVO from CDMA to LTE to get the LTE connection. I have to do this everytime I drop LTE signal. The EVO will not reconnect on its own.

I hope sprint/HTC does something about this connection issue very soon.

• Like 1

I had to manually toggle cdma/lte st first too but as the day wore on it reconnected better on its own. Try updating your profile often, especially now that the network is changing on a daily basis.

i can only get a 4G signal from my house if i toggle airplane mode on and off (i assume this is the easiest way to do that)..when i finally get a 4G connection, it drops almost instantly.

i'm not sure if i'm just far out of range of the tower or if the signal just isn't strong enough or what. i don't know where the nearest tower is anyway haha.

hoping this changes.

was down in the quarry and got some 4g while we were walking through whole foods market. also had some out at the rim 1604/10. nothing at northstar mall and shops at la cantera.

• 3 months later...
I picked it up out at 281/1604 for a little bit, but it dropped out and I couldn't get it to ever pick back up. Coverage seems to be real spotty still.

If your using the EVO its spotty, my daughter's ip5 is almost always on lte.

sent from my LTEVO

• 1 month later...
Anybody getting real slow data speeds on 4g lately? It seems like with greater frequency I am getting 200kbs and less in certain areas of the city. Been driving ne nuts.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

LTE performance is signal strength dependent. It is not unusual to get slow speeds with a very weak signal. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

LTE performance is signal strength dependent. It is not unusual to get slow speeds with a very weak signal. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

I understand that, but I'm in areas that I consistently got 6-12 down for weeks now. And were talking about my EVO, the phone thats not really good at holding onto weak signals :D Its been happening more frequently lately but in only one area has a Sprint rep confirmed a network problem.

Just wondering if its just me or are others also having troubles.

I understand that, but I'm in areas that I consistently got 6-12 down for weeks now. And were talking about my EVO, the phone thats not really good at holding onto weak signals :D Its been happening more frequently lately but in only one area has a Sprint rep confirmed a network problem.

Yup, over by ny sister in laws house has been awful over off Westover hills. We left there 1 night around 4am and I was pulling 20mb, but during the day your lucky to get 200k, most of the time it just times out on everything.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the additional information. If it is over a widespread area involving many sites, it is likely an issue at the core.

Here is my signal strength and download speeds.

I would say there is something wrong with the network, or the core like Robert said. It almost looks like the LTE equipment is falling back on the legacy backhaul or something.

What's funny is I'm at whole foods at the quarry. I walked across the parking lot to Sprint where I show the guy my speed test. He's like "who knows, its the EVO lol", does the same speed test and gets 7 down. Arrr my luck lol.

over at my sister in laws house now, heres a speed test from my wifes ip5 after trying for 20 minutes to get it to actually complete.

IMG_0037.png

and heres 1 from my evo early this morning when i drove by on my way to work.

2012-12-06194015.png

honestly i hope they get this resolved as this is almost identical to there 3g issues in this area for the past 2+ years, great speeds at night, barely useable during the day and evening yet they continued to say nothing was wrong/towers werent over loaded/ over capacity etc.

Edited by 2k4mach

Since San Antonio is a launched market, if you have a strong LTE signal and poor speeds, I would call Sprint and complain. It is all but impossible for a LTE site to already be overloaded. So there has to be a network problem and it needs to be reported to be diagnosed and fixed. Make sure they open a ticket and give you the ticket number.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

over at my sister in laws house now, heres a speed test from my wifes ip5 after trying for 20 minutes to get it to actually complete.

IMG_0037.png

and heres 1 from my evo early this morning when i drove by on my way to work.

2012-12-06194015.png

honestly i hope they get this resolved as this is almost identical to there 3g issues in this area for the past 2+ years, great speeds at night, barely useable during the day and evening yet they continued to say nothing was wrong/towers werent over loaded/ over capacity etc.

Yeah, slow during the day fast at night. Gonna give them a call when I go back to work this week.

post-1894-1354940818428_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...