Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Damn it, personally I make use of having svdo so if the note 2 doesn't support it then no note for me. Its like right when you think you have the perfect device, there is that one thing that makes you throw your hands in the air in frustration.

• Like 2

Damn it, personally I make use of having svdo so if the note 2 doesn't support it then no note for me. Its like right when you think you have the perfect device, there is that one thing that makes you throw your hands in the air in frustration.

EXACTLY!!! Why can no manufacturer make a complete device?

LG makes the Viper with SVDO and then the LG Eclipse/Optimus G doesn't appear to have it. Samsung makes the Galaxy S III with SVDO now the Note II apparently doesn't have it. Why are these manufacturers going backwards with the specs??? I still plan on getting the Note II, but this is a bit of a buzzkill.

• Like 1

Question' date=' would that OET article be posted here or on the wall?

TS[/quote']

It will be on the Wall when AJ completes it.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 2

The Note 2 article is finished and will be up on The Wall this afternoon. Yes, I completed two articles today.

:o

AJ

• Like 5

Nowhere in that article does it state anything about Oct 28 except for the title. And where on xda does it state the date?

TS

Looking at a few more articles on that site, I'm seeing a whole bunch of nothing. I always take sites like that with a grain of salt, but not I've got a handful of grains

The xda thread is linking to the same article, to which I state again, other than the title, there is nothing in the article itself that indicates a Oct 28 deployment.

@ AJ, thanks

TS

I take it you didn't read the post above yours ;)http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1271-samsung-galaxy-note-2/page__view__findpost__p__52472

AJ,

I read the article, greatly appreciate your info.

You said in the article that the lack of svdo due to the inclusion of wcdma was "curious". I can see some people running with that but .... whats the most likely business reason? Internationally capable device? Minimalizing customization charges from samsung? A shift away from svdo completely ( that we will see on future devices) to minimize 3g stress ?

AJ,

I read the article, greatly appreciate your info.

You said in the article that the lack of svdo due to the inclusion of wcdma was "curious". I can see some people running with that but .... whats the most likely business reason? Internationally capable device? Minimalizing customization charges from samsung? A shift away from svdo completely ( that we will see on future devices) to minimize 3g stress ?

I would think the number one reason is minimizing customization from the standard Note 2, with a much smaller secondary reason of international roaming fees

I love the note's ergonomics, but the exclusion kills my urge to sell the gs3 and pay the difference. Im actually a little bit glad this happened :) I will now attempt to wait out the gs4 or a great device with data access on the other bands.

Well, I just got confirmation that this will be my next device. My tf101 was sent to Asus for rma and it's going to be over $200 fix it. Just need to sell my GS2 and come up with the rest...

Sent from my CM9 Galaxy S2 using Forum Runner

we are two weeks from the "launch party," very surprised that there is not a preorder available yet.

Edit in:

Samsung itself says mid-November launch for all US Carriers

http://www.samsung.com/us/article/the-next-big-thing-galaxy-note-ii

Edited by jefbal99

Im not sure what the lack of SVDO means to me in daily use. Does it mean if I am using Waze for example receiving a call will be blocked or will I be able to take the call but data to Waze and everything thing else will stop while talking? If I am on a call and open the Web browser will the call drop? Does it matter if the connection is CDMA or LTE? If using data breaks it as a phone that may be a deal breaker for me. Using the phone as phone and stopping data while talking is a minor inconvenience.

Im not sure what the lack of SVDO means to me in daily use. Does it mean if I am using Waze for example receiving a call will be blocked or will I be able to take the call but data to Waze and everything thing else will stop while talking? If I am on a call and open the Web browser will the call drop? Does it matter if the connection is CDMA or LTE? If using data breaks it as a phone that may be a deal breaker for me. Using the phone as phone and stopping data while talking is a minor inconvenience.

Voice always takes priority over data. Any app will stop its CDMA/EVDO data session for a call to be made/received. Once you are in an LTE area, voice and LTE data will work at the same time. SVLTE is included, SVDO is not.

• Like 1

I have no idea why the font got smaller and smaller...

There are no small fonts, only small members.

;)

AJ

There is a note in the GN2 thread over at the Sprint Community that some people have been able to preorder over the phone? twospirits is very active in those forums, maybe he can shed some light.

That is the first I've seen/heard of a successful preorder.