Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Sprint says these phones will be available on the 1st of July. 16GB will be avail in-store, web, and telesales, with the 32GB being avail from web sales and telesales.

This is my first post on my 32 Gig'er. First impressions are good. I may write my own review comparison article with the EVO. The screen is amazing and nothing like I was expecting. Much better than the Galaxy Nexus and seems similar to the EVO.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 5

Maybe I've watched too much First 48, but I don't think I'd jog in Memphis, unless I had Caroline Mason on my security detail. :)

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

LMAO the sad thing is i cant blame ya!! I guess i can do it with a pit bull and a brother that's a police officer running with me :hee: . But in reality its not as bad as it use to be :clap:

This is my first post on my 32 Gig'er. First impressions are good. I may write my own review comparison article with the EVO. The screen is amazing and nothing like I was expecting. Much better than the Galaxy Nexus and seems similar to the EVO.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I too am impressed with the screen quality. Also, make sure to enable all the nifty motion gestures. They're disabled by default.

I gotta say, going to a contact and then just holding up the phone to call them feels like I'm living in the future :P

• Like 1

Individually we are strong, but when we form like Voltron we are invincible!

Voltron is so awesome, and for that I wish I could give you more likes than just one. I miss being a kid, :(

• Like 4

Oh, well hello there! Thanks for welcoming me home!!!

gallery_1_1_2071.jpg

Seriously...I was afraid the UPS man may take my phone away since no one was home!

Even sexy packaging...

gallery_1_1_72747.jpg

I had a Retro Chakka Khan moment, "Make me wanna love ya, wanna hold ya, wanna squeeze ya too."

gallery_1_1_66919.jpg

• Like 5

You are giving me device envy again... Must resist...

Ps I just passed someone from new Mexico and your state has hideous license plates

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 3

You are giving me device envy again... Must resist...

Ps I just passed someone from new Mexico and your state has hideous license plates

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

LOL, I feel your pain Scott. I have 3 more weeks. Ever since I've been about 45 days out, I swear its been the longest time of my life~

• Like 1

@Robert, It would have been funny as hell if you opened up the box and there was a little troll doll on the inside of it.

• Like 5

@Robert' date=' It would have been funny as hell if you opened up the box and there was a little troll doll on the inside of it.[/quote']

your wife or kids could have played an epic joke on you, that would have been hilarious ;)

Sent from my CM9 Transformer TF101 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

@Robert, It would have been funny as hell if you opened up the box and there was a little troll doll on the inside of it.

And a note pinned to it that says:

"I've got your phone. Let's say we make a trade? You can have your phone if you give me the documents."

Signed, Dan Hesse
  • Like 7

Oh, well hello there! Thanks for welcoming me home!!!

gallery_1_1_2071.jpg

Seriously...I was afraid the UPS man may take my phone away since no one was home!

Even sexy packaging...

gallery_1_1_72747.jpg

I had a Retro Chakka Khan moment, "Make me wanna love ya, wanna hold ya, wanna squeeze ya too."

gallery_1_1_66919.jpg

Sexy!!! joy joy feelings...

Yeah, like this guy from the USPS commercials

Y0KyI.jpg

• Like 2

the wait is killing me Robert....i wanna snag one of these 2 superphones this weekend....need that comparison from somebody who doesn't just say

Screen is awesome

touchwiz is cool but laggy

i don't like (or I like) the home button

like we see on most other sites.

your comparison of signal quality in various environments will be huge push for me...

• Like 1

I went to buy a new case at the Sprint store in Santa Fe yesterday. They didn't even have any out on the floor yet. I was the first person to bring the S-III in to the store so far. Surprisingly, they had six cases already in stock in the back and brought them all out for me to try. Even though they had some really nice Body Glove cases, and they had a really durable Ballistic case, I decided to go with the one below. It comes in both pebble blue and marble white to match the highly stylised GS-III.

gallery_1_1_185148.jpg

gallery_1_1_38441.jpg

gallery_1_1_23182.jpg

It comes with a new back for the flap to connect to. So if I drop it and it gets scratched up too badly, I can either buy another case, or I can put the original back in its place. We will see how well this works.

I've also now got my home screen the way I want it:

gallery_1_1_118466.jpg

• Like 5

the wait is killing me Robert....i wanna snag one of these 2 superphones this weekend....need that comparison from somebody who doesn't just say

Screen is awesome

touchwiz is cool but laggy

i don't like (or I like) the home button

like we see on most other sites.

your comparison of signal quality in various environments will be huge push for me...

I'm waiting on a Viper I bought from a member to come in. I want to try to do all the testing at the same time to give a more consistent and fair shake. However, the cells I am going to be doing testing in are all very low use rural cells. So it probably doesn't make any difference at what time of day I do testing. In these cells, they always perform at max speed. The only variable is the radio connection and quality of device. The speed results that I offer in the test is mostly just anecdotal. It's the signal performance that is the main point of the test.

I'm hoping to do the testing next week. So far, through casual observation, the GS-III is doing very well in my edge of service areas. Much better than the Galaxy Nexus I replaced it with.

Robert

• Like 1