Atlanta, GA LTE (Live)

danielholt

Good investigative work muffinman! (typing that name feels really creepy) :tu:

"Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man? Do you know the muffin man, who lives on Drury Lane?"

• Like 2

"Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man? Do you know the muffin man, who lives on Drury Lane?"

My son has started singing that song, they learned it in preschool a few weeks ago. Very cute

• Like 1

So something weird is happening that I can't explain. For the last several hours I haven't been able to get an lte signal on my evolte so I figured my fun was over and sprint made the lte signal not discoverable like the many other lte sites that are live. So anyway, I just pulled my gnex off the charger and low and behold my gnex is still getting an lte signal but no matter what I do my evolte can't get a signal. Can anyone give an explanation as to why both my phones are laying next to each other with one getting full bars of lte while the other one can't connect? If I didn't already own a gnex I would have never known the difference.

So something weird is happening that I can't explain. For the last several hours I haven't been able to get an lte signal on my evolte so I figured my fun was over and sprint made the lte signal not discoverable like the many other lte sites that are live. So anyway' date=' I just pulled my gnex off the charger and low and behold my gnex is still getting an lte signal but no matter what I do my evolte can't get a signal. Can anyone give an explanation as to why both my phones are laying next to each other with one getting full bars of lte while the other one can't connect? If I didn't already own a gnex I would have never known the difference.[/quote']

Maybe this is the LTE connectivity issue? :scratch:

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

AJ

• Like 2

Maybe this is the LTE connectivity issue? :scratch:

Well whatever the potential issue may be, I hope they take care of it quickly.

Well whatever the potential issue may be' date=' I hope they take care of it quickly.[/quote']

If this is the LTE Connectivity issue, then I see why Sprint is blocking LTE Connections while they come up with a fix. This would be a huge publicity blow if people started having widespread LTE problems with their new EVO LTE's.

I can imagine all the whining and bitching on Sprint Users now. :P

• Like 3

If this is the LTE Connectivity issue, then I see why Sprint is blocking LTE Connections while they come up with a fix. This would be a huge publicity blow if people started having widespread LTE problems with their new EVO LTE's.

Maybe it is, hope they fix this soon. All that lte goodness and the evolte is one hell of a combination, I was almost considering replacing my gnex with another evolte, but now I definitely won't.

Maybe it is, hope they fix this soon. All that lte goodness and the evolte is one hell of a combination, I was almost considering replacing my gnex with another evolte, but now I definitely won't.

Looks like its going to be the GS3 for me when they finally turn LTE on...although I heard the evolte has stronger antenna's.

Well as of a few minutes ago my gnex can no longer get an lte signal. So I guess its back to the waiting game. :(

• Like 1

I know they werent ideal but could you post those LTE speedtests?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Post #79 of this thread has some screen caps that I posted, I could also post ones that I did yesterday but those speeds on average were a lot slower.

I woke up this morning to 4g lte again, lets see how long it will last this time around.

• Like 3

Honeslty though, based on the few days of experiencing lte while having two different phones there is definitely a connectivity issue with the evolte. With the gnex I don't think I have ever lost connectivity at all while on 4g but there were a few times where I would lose connectivity with the evolte and had to either reset the phone or toggle cdma then back to lte/cdma so that I could reconnect to lte. It wasn't really that bad and sometimes it would just connect to lte by itself, at first it was no big deal being that they been working on the tower for a few days right up the road from my house but after paying closer attention it really wasn't happening to my gnex at all compared to my evolte.

Honeslty though' date=' based on the few days of experiencing lte while having two different phones there is definitely a connectivity issue with the evolte. With the gnex I don't think I have ever lost connectivity at all while on 4g but there were a few times where I would lose connectivity with the evolte and had to either reset the phone or toggle cdma then back to lte/cdma so that I could reconnect to lte. It wasn't really that bad and sometimes it would just connect to lte by itself, at first it was no big deal being that they been working on the tower for a few days right up the road from my house but after paying closer attention it really wasn't happening to my gnex at all compared to my evolte.[/quote']

Thanks for the corroboration of our reporting. I am really starting to feel more confident this is the reason why Sprint changed its mind from allowing discoverability at each LTE site as they go live to draconian blocking schemes.

I guess we can expect to see an OTA one day, then all of a sudden, LTE sites stop being blocked.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Thanks for the corroboration of our reporting. I am really starting to feel more confident this is the reason why Sprint changed its mind from allowing discoverability at each LTE site as they go live to draconian blocking schemes.

I guess we can expect to see an OTA one day, then all of a sudden, LTE sites stop being blocked.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I am kind of glad that I have the gnex because without it I would be blaming sprint for their inconsistent lte service not realizing that it was the evolte itself and not their network, which like you said, makes sense for sprint to deny access at this time. I really considered selling my gnex to get yet another evolte but I think I would be better off having two different phones for comparative purposes.

• Like 2

Whats up bro, just woke up and I still have that 4g signal. Speeds are averaging even better than they were compared to yesterday. If you gonna be there at a certain time just let me know, I don't have anything else to do today.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was in that area Friday morning early then went out of town. Deplorable data access on the network in Myrtle Beach. That's another story. I did test the LTE signal, I was at Southlake and although the phone showed full strength signal bars wise the best download speed I was able to obtain was 5.5Mbps down. I was not able to look at the actual signal strength. I will try again later this week.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was in that area Friday morning early then went out of town. Deplorable data access on the network in Myrtle Beach. That's another story. I did test the LTE signal, I was at Southlake and although the phone showed full strength signal bars wise the best download speed I was able to obtain was 5.5Mbps down. I was not able to look at the actual signal strength. I will try again later this week.

Yeah, there is a rooftop tower on the roof of southlake mall but that one isn't schedule to have 4g until the end of july so I think its safe to say that you were still connected to the tower(a little over a mile away) close to my house. Over the weekend the 4g signal wasn't detectable anymore but this morning it was, unfortunately as of right now I can't detect a signal anymore so who knows what will happen later on this week.

what hardware version of the evo do you have. I am wandering if this is this or if there is a diff in version 001,002,003

I have hardware version 3, I wonder what other people have?