ENTER TO WIN A NEW iPHONE 8 (OR MAYBE iPHONE X) AND HELP SUPPORT S4GRU

S4GRU

CONTEST CLOSED!!!

LIMITED TIME PROMOTION!!!
YOU COULD POSSIBLY WIN A NEW iPHONE 8 IF YOU DONATE TO SUPPORT S4GRU

**OR COMPARABLY PRICED ANDROID DEVICE!**

finaldaytoenter.jpg

The Goal

The goal is to have some fun and raise some money to support S4GRU.  If we can raise enough money to cover the device by 8 PM Pacific Time on Friday, October 27th, then we will schedule the raffle.  The contest winner can select the color from what's available.  The winner can also select the carrier (not limited to Sprint).

The Plan

If we are able to raise at least as much as the device costs us plus incidental charges like taxes and shipping, we will add any additional proceeds to the S4GRU general fund.  If we can't raise enough, we will provide opportunity to refund.

And which model it ends up being depends on how much money we can raise.  If we raise just $750, it will be the iPhone 8 64GB ($699 value).  For each additional $500 we collect beyond $750, we will give another $100 in toward upgrading to the iPhone 8+, iPhone X or memory/apple care upgrades.  The winner can select any variant or upgrades, but they will need to pay any cost difference, from the prize value.  Increases in prize vales will be announced in this thread.  THE WINNER CAN SELECT AN ANDROID DEVICE IN LIEU OF AN iPHONE, IF THEY CHOOSE.  Like a NOTE 8, Pixel 2, LG V30, Essential Phone, etc.  Equal or lesser value to the winning iPhone prize.

The Raffle

Each donation to the iPHONE 8 PROMO will receive a range of numbers, equating to one number for every dollar you donate.  The minimum donation to the cause is $10.  If you donate $10, you get a range of 10 numbers.  If you donate $100, you get a range of 100 numbers.  The more you donate, the greater your chances of winning.  There is no limit to the amount you can donate...in amount or frequency.  But it needs to be at least $10 per donation to the iPHONE 8 PROMO.

You will receive a Private Message (or email if you are not a S4GRU member) from S4GRU giving you your numbers after your donation.  Most likely within 8-12 hours, but could take a day or two.

We will stop accepting donations at 8PM Pacific on Friday, October 27th.  Any donations received after that time will not be counted toward this promotion.  Date and time of the drawing will be announced after the close of donations acceptance.  We will select a number at random using my random number generator app in my Pixel XL.  You do not need to be present in the live chat to win.

All money donated to the raffle will be credited to your S4GRU accumulation total and will count toward future upgrades.  If you are not currently a S4GRU Sponsor, you will be given Sponsor status for six months with the minimum $10 raffle donation.

To Enter

Go to the S4GRU PayPal Donation section by clicking on this hyperlink or by by clicking the donate button in the upper right hand corner of most S4GRU pages.  Enter an amount you want to donate for this promotion, minimum $10.  In the notes section, tell us your screen name and type iPHONE 8 PROMO.  If you forget to do that in the PayPal donation, then send me a Message.  You will get a message response giving you your raffle numbers by 11 PM Pacific on 10/27/2017.  If you don't get them, message me.

Rules

S4GRU Membership is not required to enter.  S4GRU Staff Members and their families are ineligible to win.  Dollars spent on the promotion will count toward future member upgrades.  There is no cash value of the prize.  S4GRU will pay the shipping costs to send the prize to the winner.  The winner will be offered options as to network selections, device options and colors based on availability within the winning prize amount.   S4GRU cannot guarantee availability of any products, types, varieties or colors.  Although many devices can be used on several networks, S4GRU cannot guarantee operability on any network.  A SIM card purchase for the winner's preferred network may be required and is not paid by S4GRU.  This contest is void where prohibited.  Pre-scheduled automatic recurring payments to S4GRU during the contest period will not be eligible for entry in the contest.  Should the winner desire a phone other than the iPhone product offered at contest conclusion, they can request an Android device of equal or lesser value.  If a device more expensive than the iPhone offered is desired, the winner will need to pay the difference before the product will be ordered. If winner selects a less expensive phone than the prize offered, S4GRU will retain those funds as a donation.  The contest may be subject to amendment, extension or cancellation as necessary.  S4GRU reserves the right to provide a gift card or PayPal payment of the value of the prize for convenience or difficulty in sourcing the prize occurs.

&title=Google%20Pixel%202%20vs%20iPhone%
Photo Courtesy of Phone Arena

iphonexiphone8.jpg

ip8ipx.jpg

• Like 7

Made my donation. Have always wanted to win one of these, and now that I'm working, I can finally donate what I would like. Good luck to all who enter!

(As an aside and as an Apple nerd, your picture in the post is slightly incorrect. The picture labeled "iPhone 8" is actually the picture of the iPhone X, not the 8. :P )

-Anthony

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, anthony.spina97 said:

(As an aside and as an Apple nerd, your picture in the post is slightly incorrect. The picture labeled "iPhone 8" is actually the picture of the iPhone X, not the 8. :P )

Thanks for your entry!  I noticed that too, that's why I credited Phone Arena on the bottom of the pic...or maybe I should say blamed Phone Arena. :lol:

Robert

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have now brought in over $450 in donations for the raffle.  About half funded.  If you have not joined yet, please do so.  We need to fund the raffle and increase the prize!  Thanks for all of you have donated.  I will probably not get the entries from the last week out for another few more days.  Thanks!

Robert

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jefbal99 said:

Trying to donate to the raffle, when i click the donate link, only options are reoccurring subscriptions.  What am I doing wrong?

If the image link won't render, you should be left with a hyperlink.  Or you can click this:. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CED5R2HV4HMBY

• Like 1

Down to the last week.  This is usually when most of the entries come in.  We are still not fully funded.  Only $550 so far.  Please support S4GRU and get your chance to win a new phone.

Many of you asked for us to do an open phone promotion where the winner can select the phone.  Now's your chance.  Please donate and support today!  We should be able to make double this time!  I really want to be able to upgrade the phone.

Thank you to all of you who have donated so far.  Good luck!

Robert

• Like 4
  • Love 1

About $575 now.  We are way behind.  And the last week.  If you've been waiting, it would be a great time to join.  We are still not fully funded!  :(

For those of you who still have not received their entries, I will be sending them out Monday or Tuesday night.

Thanks for all your support!

Robert

• Like 1

7 hours ago, S4GRU said:

About $575 now.  We are way behind.  And the last week.  If you've been waiting, it would be a great time to join.  We are still not fully funded!  :(

For those of you who still have not received their entries, I will be sending them out Monday or Tuesday night.

Thanks for all your support!

Robert

What is the threshold?

What is the threshold?
We need to get to at least $750 to fund the raffle. Of course we'd love to bring in more so S4GRU can make some money to support the site.

Thank you to all who have contributed. And remember, you can enter multiple times. ;)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has this been cross posted to the general forum since some may not go to the iOS one? (Saying that because I am not sure Tapatalk users would see the main page link.)
I can cross post deeper than I have. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2

I can cross post deeper than I have. Thanks for the suggestion.

The site has had a lot of communication problems lately ranging from the forced update, tapatalk, and the Amazon cloud errors that block some users. You might wish to extend it for these reasons. I would suggest two weeks.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dkyeager said:

The site has had a lot of communication problems lately ranging from the forced update, tapatalk, and the Amazon cloud errors that block some users. You might wish to extend it for these reasons. I would suggest two weeks.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I was going to say the same thing. I would at least have it extend for another week with all the issues with viewing the forum.

• Like 2

We are now up to nearly $600.  Also, all entries have been sent.  If you are missing an entry, please message me.

PLEASE JOIN THE RAFFLE AND HELP SUPPORT S4GRU.  We are still under funded.  And remember the winner can use the winnings toward the purchase OF ANY DEVICE.

Robert

:thx:

• Like 2