Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Band 25 and weaker band 26.

Probably an issue with tuning band 26. This usually gets resolved fast. Ericsson tunes that band for coverage than adds capacity. B26 should usually hit 10 Mbps.

Probably an issue with tuning band 26. This usually gets resolved fast. Ericsson tunes that band for coverage than adds capacity. B26 should usually hit 10 Mbps.

This is quite true in my experience. About a week and a half ago I was pulling 1-2mb on b26 off a tower in Pacific (almost reached to six flags but died out at that last hill). This week, well tonight during rush hour, I pulled 10mbs down on a -100dbm signal and 18mb down on a -92dbm signal. I did the tests on sensorly for the sake of boosting the statistics. My ookla speed tests were 5 and 6mbs higher in the same spots, and my pings were lower by 100 give or take a few.

So in about two weeks give or take a few days things get a lot better.

• Like 1

Band 25 and weaker band 26.

If you kept getting kicked to 3G my guess is that the B26 on that tower nearby has not had eCSFB pushed.

My best band 41 speed test yet near the Delmar gardens nursing home near highway k and n.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr0kh1qycembcg7/Screenshot_2014-06-27-20-07-33.png

An area along 55, flanked with anetennas:

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=388C25628FBEEBC9&resid=388C25628FBEEBC9%21126&authkey=AOmQh2x9wJ_64ls

Also, any idea on max band 26 performance? After some weeks of 3G kickdowns, 26 occasionally connects at my work desk. The speeds reach the 30s compared to the weaker nearby 41 towers.

What determines when eCSFB updates occur?

Edited by Axe

An area along 55, flanked with anetennas:

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=388C25628FBEEBC9&resid=388C25628FBEEBC9%21126&authkey=AOmQh2x9wJ_64ls

Also, any idea on max band 26 performance? After some weeks of 3G kickdowns, 26 occasionally connects at my work desk. The speeds reach the 30s compared to the weaker nearby 41 towers.

What determines when eCSFB updates occur?

Band 26 theoretical is the same aa band 25. Both are 5x5.

As far as eCSFB goes, it's whenever it gets done. Usually 7-14 days after 26 goes live.

Band 26 theoretical is the same aa band 25. Both are 5x5.

With exception of spectrum constrained markets where 3x3 will make dom

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Today I noticed my signal on both band 25 and 26 have been fluctuating significantly yesterday and today in the same room in my house. Does this sound like there optimising signals on a tower around me. Not even sure which towers each band is coming from but band 26 seems to be slightly (not always) lower signal strength. Also the speeds from band 26 are much faster on the upload than download. Averages around 3 down and 5-7 up. My signal strength on band 26 is around 106 dBm and 100 dBm on band 25. 

Today I noticed my signal on both band 25 and 26 have been fluctuating significantly yesterday and today in the same room in my house. Does this sound like there optimising signals on a tower around me. Not even sure which towers each band is coming from but band 26 seems to be slightly (not always) lower signal strength. Also the speeds from band 26 are much faster on the upload than download. Averages around 3 down and 5-7 up. My signal strength on band 26 is around 106 dBm and 100 dBm on band 25.

Check the PCI when connected to 25 and then when connected to 26. If they are the same, 26/25 are likely coming from the same tower. If they are coming from the same tower and band 26 is weaker than 25 then band 26 is not optimized yet.

Check the PCI when connected to 25 and then when connected to 26. If they are the same, 26/25 are likely coming from the same tower. If they are coming from the same tower and band 26 is weaker than 25 then band 26 is not optimized yet.

I checked the PCI and on band 25 and it's always the same but on band 26 it keeps changing.

I checked the PCI and on band 25 and it's always the same but on band 26 it keeps changing.

Could be bouncing between two towers on 26. Do any of the numbers match band 25?

Could be bouncing between two towers on 26. Do any of the numbers match band 25?

As I move around my room my phone changes between band 25 and 26 I've seen 3 different PCI when it's connected to band 26 only stays on two of them. Yes one of them does match the band 25 PCI.

At Bar Louie in st Charles and have all 3 sprint bands all pulling around 20 mbps down. Meanwhile my friend on Verizon is getting about 3 Mbps down. Feels good that all the waiting is paying off.

I have a feeling that there will be a lot more stories like this in the coming months!

• Like 2

I have a feeling that there will be a lot more stories like this in the coming months!

ya hopefully, Chesterfield valley is still unusable 70% of the time. Brentwood seems to be coming back around.

ya hopefully, Chesterfield valley is still unusable 70% of the time. Brentwood seems to be coming back around.

I can't wait for the B26 to get tuned and amplified. I'm tired of going on Extended or 1x (or worse yet, high-latency 3G) when I'm on the fringe of my WiFi network when I'm out cutting grass or doing yard work. 

• Like 1

I really don't understand everyone downing the service in the valley. I'm either on 14+ mb b25 or lately b41 which is very usable even down to fringe levels. Even the 3g isn't super terrible during peak hours.

I really don't understand everyone downing the service in the valley. I'm either on 14+ mb b25 or lately b41 which is very usable even down to fringe levels. Even the 3g isn't super terrible during peak hours.

I think you may have a magic phone lol. I had multiple sprint phones last time and none were usable.

I think you may have a magic phone lol. I had multiple sprint phones last time and none were usable.

Where exactly were you that things were so bad? The only place I've really fallen back to 3g(other than inside buildings) is by 54th street bar and grill.

Everywhere from Ethan Allen to the Galaxy and the outlet across the street.

You should be picking up -85 to -95 dBm b41 at the outlet mall, and killer b25(always above 15mb down for me outside of the mall all times of the day). Its very usable inside all the stores I've been in also.

You should be picking up -85 to -95 dBm b41 at the outlet mall, and killer b25(always above 15mb down for me outside of the mall all times of the day). Its very usable inside all the stores I've been in also.

Are you still on .15? That could be the reason you get better service.