Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

scattered b26 & b41, on highway 21 (tesson ferry) south of 270 almost to 141, then south of 141 almost to highway M.

That's new, I was there yesterday and didn't pick it up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's definitely new. My office is close by and today was the first time I have seen anything but Band 25. Band 26 was off and on all day, so I assume they are still working on it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I've been happy with sprints progress in the past year but why did they make us a spark city already. I just drove down 40 from highway n to 270 and only had "spark" twice and both times were weak signals and data wasn't any better than the other bands. I actually had band 26 the majority of the time.

• Like 1

I've been happy with sprints progress in the past year but why did they make us a spark city already. I just drove down 40 from highway n to 270 and only had "spark" twice and both times were weak signals and data wasn't any better than the other bands. I actually had band 26 the majority of the time.

I think it was a little early to call St. Louis a Spark market already. There's certainly Band 41 available in certain places, but it's not widespread enough. Downtown is probably decently done. 

Things will get better latter this summer once Nokia goes full steam ahead on new Band 41 installs on existing Sprint sites. 

I think it was a little early to call St. Louis a Spark market already. There's certainly Band 41 available in certain places, but it's not widespread enough. Downtown is probably decently done. 

Things will get better latter this summer once Nokia goes full steam ahead on new Band 41 installs on existing Sprint sites. 

Problem with downtown is once you get between some of the buildings you lose the B41 signal. 

Im just wondering is the coverage map that their showing online here what it will be or what their claiming it is? If its what their claiming its like now its way more on the map than it actually is. If its what it will be in future then id be kinda disappointed because my house is right out the spark coverage line. But I know that Wimax use to work outside at my house so I wouldn't see why spark wouldn't.

I tried a Spark device, the One M8 Harmon Kardon in the Sprint by Marshall Wireless store in Collinsville. Installed SignalCheck Lite, found B26 instead of B41. Speeds were 5 Mbps on average. The other Sprint store I go to at Fairview normally had 10 Mbps averages. Sprint needs a lot more Band 41 sites over the metro to blanket the entire Metro like what they did with B26.

I tried a Spark device, the One M8 Harmon Kardon in the Sprint by Marshall Wireless store in Collinsville. Installed SignalCheck Lite, found B26 instead of B41. Speeds were 5 Mbps on average. The other Sprint store I go to at Fairview normally had 10 Mbps averages. Sprint needs a lot more Band 41 sites over the metro to blanket the entire Metro like what they did with B26.

It is easier for B26 since it is as simple as putting in a carrier card. I'm hoping Nokia gets this show running fast.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Im just wondering is the coverage map that their showing online here what it will be or what their claiming it is? If its what their claiming its like now its way more on the map than it actually is. If its what it will be in future then id be kinda disappointed because my house is right out the spark coverage line. But I know that Wimax use to work outside at my house so I wouldn't see why spark wouldn't.

It's not entirely clear. We think they are showing an overstated estimate of what marketing believes coverage is like right now. 

It will grow as time goes on. Every Sprint site in the STL metro will get Band 41 installed over the next year. And in-fill sites will be added as well.

• Like 3

That's probably because the NV site is basically across the street from that store and the B41 site is on the other side of the "bluff". 

evehyruq.jpg

B26 inside of Six Flags St Louis in Eureka.

Edit: on a curious note its bouncing me back and forth from b26 to a very fringe b25(-130dbm but still usable surprisingly) on the same site.

Edited by kojitsari
  • Like 1

B26 inside of Six Flags St Louis in Eureka.

Edit: on a curious note its bouncing me back and forth from b26 to a very fringe b25(-130dbm but still usable surprisingly) on the same site.

Can you get a B25 screenshot please?

Can you get a B25 screenshot please?

Err I kind of already left and went to raging rivers....I have my SCP log though

Someone didn't do their research...

Wish they would actually test rather than rely on crowd source apps that most people only use when they're getting bad service.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Someone didn't do their research...

Wish they would actually test rather than rely on crowd source apps that most people only use when they're getting bad service.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well, Spark is Sprint's *LET* network. ;)

• Like 1

Was at Busch wildlife last night and had LTE but I had to force LTE or else it would fall to 3g. Was getting a very weak LTE signal but was pulling around 2-3 Mbps just aggravating that it kept pushing me down to 3g when signal strength on 3g was just as bad and data was worse than LTE. Why won't the network keep me on LTE? Also band 25 and 26 seemed around the same signal strength which I hope improves even more.

Was at Busch wildlife last night and had LTE but I had to force LTE or else it would fall to 3g. Was getting a very weak LTE signal but was pulling around 2-3 Mbps just aggravating that it kept pushing me down to 3g when signal strength on 3g was just as bad and data was worse than LTE. Why won't the network keep me on LTE? Also band 25 and 26 seemed around the same signal strength which I hope improves even more.

The network hates you? I don't know I think sprint is still being funny like that. Could the site be having eCSFB issues causing it wanting to default to 3G.

I suspect that you were reaching a Clear site that hadn't had eCSFB updated yet. That will get flushed out of the system fairly quickly.

Did you check to see what band you were on?