Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

No offence, but you're a premiere sponsor, use the premiere maps. That site is already confirmed to have band 26

None taken.

I've been away from a desktop all day & wanted to follow through with the engineering screen. Sorry.

Edit: no snark/sarcasm meant. I can see after re-reading where it could look like I was sassing ya - no sass intended.

Good 'ole band 25, I'm still on it wandering around the area.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Were you inside the mall or outside of it when that test was taken?

Were you inside the mall or outside of it when that test was taken?

I was barely inside the doors, so for any other device it'd be like being outside lol.

None taken.

I've been away from a desktop all day & wanted to follow through with the engineering screen. Sorry.

Edit: no snark/sarcasm meant. I can see after re-reading where it could look like I was sassing ya - no sass intended.

Also, no offense, but premier sponsors are not allowed to post B26 sightings publicly...Not saying i agree with this restriction but just giving you a heads up.

Also, no offense, but premier sponsors are not allowed to post B26 sightings publicly...Not saying i agree with this restriction but just giving you a heads up.

I though that was just site IDs? At any rate, noted. The last thing I want to do is run afoul of the rules.

I hope this means that we can expect b41 will start working in, at a minimum, all of the places that have wimax coverage.

And we ain't there yet.

Not all of the WiMax sites have been converted. And some of them may not ever be converted once Nokia starts rolling into town.

Not all of the WiMax sites have been converted. And some of them may not ever be converted once Nokia starts rolling into town.

right, but I would expect, that any nokia upgrades would provide similar if not better coverage than legacy wimax coverage, which we all know was never 100% to begin with anyway.

right, but I would expect, that any nokia upgrades would provide similar if not better coverage than legacy wimax coverage, which we all know was never 100% to begin with anyway.

Oh they definitely will. But we haven't spotted any installs in STL yet. The only one we know of for sure is in Atlanta. It's only a matter of time though.

I know this is probably a dumb question but does the St. Louis market have two pcs LTE carriers yet?

No evidence of more PCS carriers has been found. Someone would have to go out with a spectrum analyzer to detect it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No evidence of more PCS carriers has been found. Someone would have to go out with a spectrum analyzer to detect it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not that we are aware of yet.

I thought the spectrum bought from Us Cellular a little over a year ago was going to be used for that. I was a Us Cellular customer before Sprint bought this markets customers.  

I thought the spectrum bought from Us Cellular a little over a year ago was going to be used for that. I was a Us Cellular customer before Sprint bought this markets customers.  

The St. Louis area didn't receive as much spectrum as Chicago did. There is a second PCS carrier live there, but most of the acquired spectrum in St. Louis was applied towards EVDO and CDMA, which did not leave enough for a second PCS carrier.

As more and more LTE devices are sold, Sprint will refarm PCS spectrum for LTE, possibly as early as late summer. 

The St. Louis area didn't receive as much spectrum as Chicago did. There is a second PCS carrier live there, but most of the acquired spectrum in St. Louis was applied towards EVDO and CDMA, which did not leave enough for a second PCS carrier.

As more and more LTE devices are sold, Sprint will refarm PCS spectrum for LTE, possibly as early as late summer.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Just glad im not on Us Cellular anymore...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Just glad im not on Us Cellular anymore...

I had some really positive experiences with US Cellular in St. Louis and beyond (thanks to roaming agreements, I'm sure). Call quality was exceptional, data blew ass, but you'd at least have a signal. I got out right after my 2 year contract was up and hopped right on AT&T for the Unlimited Data iPhone plan, which also sucked balls at the time. Then, into Sprint's wide open arms, with data that also sucked balls.

I'm really happy that Sprint is now doing orders of magnitude better in the data department.

This could be related to the HD voice rollout, or maybe just bad luck with signals/towers being configured reaching my house, but both my wife and I had every call we placed on our phones inside drop after 3-5 seconds over the past two days. Very un-Sprint, but we're sure it'll get worked out soon.

Good news is that speeds seem to be improving based on the accelerated B26 deployment and Spark. That's freed up room on B26.

I'm hoping part of Phase 2 in St. Louis is some cell expansion along the old areas where USCC was.

I had some really positive experiences with US Cellular in St. Louis and beyond (thanks to roaming agreements, I'm sure). Call quality was exceptional, data blew ass, but you'd at least have a signal. I got out right after my 2 year contract was up and hopped right on AT&T for the Unlimited Data iPhone plan, which also sucked balls at the time. Then, into Sprint's wide open arms, with data that also sucked balls.

I'm really happy that Sprint is now doing orders of magnitude better in the data department.

This could be related to the HD voice rollout, or maybe just bad luck with signals/towers being configured reaching my house, but both my wife and I had every call we placed on our phones inside drop after 3-5 seconds over the past two days. Very un-Sprint, but we're sure it'll get worked out soon.

Yeah Us. Cellular was great call quality and coverage wise but they didn't even have 3g in St. Louis for much of my time with them. The main reason I had them is because we have a place at Mark Twain Lake and they were the best around that area and okay in St. Charles area. Now with Sprint I have to roam on Us Cellular while I'm at the lake.

Seems like 1 month ago I was on B25 most of the time.  I think I am on B41 most of my day now.  Its great having a-120 signal for data that is actually usable.  Wish the same could be said for voice coverage.  I drop over half my calls from home these days.  I had 1x800 a couple times for about 10 seconds and haven't seen it since. 

Seems like 1 month ago I was on B25 most of the time. I think I am on B41 most of my day now. Its great having a-120 signal for data that is actually usable. Wish the same could be said for voice coverage. I drop over half my calls from home these days. I had 1x800 a couple times for about 10 seconds and haven't seen it since.

Wait these things can be used for voice???? That actually wasn't aimed as a knock to Sprint I just rarely make phone calls anymore it's data and text via google voice for me. The last time I paid attention when I used voice was 1x800. I receive a call every morning for an automated work verification and no longer have an issue receiving it the efcsb issues were killing me for a while. I am like 50-100 feet from a B25/26 1x800/1900 tower. I have not seen B41 from it yet but this location is also on the clear coverage map so I assume it will get B41 eventually. It's the primary tower for Mid Rivers Mall as well on the south side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up new and very faint b26 at my house today. I've never seen this particular tower broadcasting b26 yet in my area. qapu9y2a.jpg

Also here's some 1x800 I picked up on the outskirts of Washington that I don't believe I've picked up before. meje2u5u.jpg

I'm getting Band 26 for the first time near Mason and 64/40. ymy9ejuz.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That's new, I was there yesterday and didn't pick it up.