Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

In Signal Check Pro, how is everyone getting the LTE Provider section to read the bands (B41, B26) after the "Sprint" word?

it's automatic based on the PLMN if the phone reports it properly

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

In Signal Check Pro, how is everyone getting the LTE Provider section to read the bands (B41, B26) after the "Sprint" word?

It should be included in the newest version of SCP.

It should be included in the newest version of SCP.

Is it just a settings change? (Maybe the language confused me?)

Edit: Hmm, it suddenly shows up now.

Edited by Axe

Is it just a settings change? (Maybe the language confused me?)

No it just says Sprint for b25, and for b26 & 41 it states sprint b26/41 to differentiate. It's just a new feature that Mike included in Signalcheck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No it just says Sprint for b25, and for b26 & 41 it states sprint b26/41 to differentiate. It's just a new feature that Mike included in Signalcheck.

It looks like Signal Check Lite has been updated more recently than Signal Check Pro.  Is the feature in Pro already?  I don't remember seeing it in mine.

signal check lite is always delayed updating behind pro, so even if it was more recent, it should only be just now catching up to pro, according to comments Mike has made.

It looks like Signal Check Lite has been updated more recently than Signal Check Pro. Is the feature in Pro already? I don't remember seeing it in mine.

Yeah its been in pro for a bit. Lite got pushed back because like had computer issues/not as much time as he'd like to work on it. Actually the lite update just came out like last week I think.

I don't think your doing anything wrong, Mike has stated that those indicators are still in progress and based upon what information the app can get from the phone along with various calculations it must do based on that available information.

In this case, it apparently does not have enough information to know what you are connected to.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, I think mine is only occasionally showing b41. If it goes back to b25, the band is left off. But, b41 appears while the engineering menus read band 25.

Edited by Axe

What am I doing wrong.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1401989052915.jpg

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1401989153169.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 running ViperOne.

If you are referring to it not showing B41 he has stated that B41 sometimes reports properly. It won't always show Sprint B41. However B26 always reports correctly from what I have experienced.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, I think mine is only occasionally showing b41. If it goes back to b25, the band is left off. But, b41 appears while the engineering menus read band 25.

Signal Check hangs on B41 in the provider section. This is a known issue that Mike is trying to get resolved by next update.

B26= Last 2 digits of GCI will be 19, 1A, or 1B

B25= Last 2 digits of GCI will be 01, 02, or 03

B41= First 3 digits will be 048, 049, or 04A(assuming we are talking about WiMax conversions. Might be different for NV 2.0.

Also, you can just use this for reference. 

• Like 2

6ahaje5u.jpg

Non ecsfb enabled b26 at st clare hospital.

• Like 4

On 270 north coming up on Manchester.

by4etapy.jpg

Then it quickly changed over to

ebequpyr.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 running ViperOne.

Life in the fast lane.

Does anyone know what is going on with the towers near Mason and 64/40. I have had LTE (b25) for 6 months on my LG G2, but the last 3 days it has been non-existent. If I toggle airplane mode, it will connect to LTE for less than a minute and then switch to 3G (which is unbearably slow). I don't understand all the details and what to check, so if more information is needed please let me know.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what is going on with the towers near Mason and 64/40. I have had LTE (b25) for 6 months on my LG G2, but the last 3 days it has been non-existent. If I toggle airplane mode, it will connect to LTE for less than a minute and then switch to 3G (which is unbearably slow). I don't understand all the details and what to check, so if more information is needed please let me know.

sounds like a new tower has come up near you, that is not been csfb upgraded, and your phone is seeing it, then falling back to 3g.

If you can force lte only mode and it connects to lte, then that would seem to be the problem. The only solution is to wait for sprint to finish that tower upgrade with csfb.

Probably experiencing temporary effects of the lack of eCSFB on towers in the area. This sometimes happens when a new site pops up that was just recently accepted(or is being tested) or B26 is being activated/tested in the area.

• Like 1

Try disabling B26 temporarily, that would usually solve the issue if its related to new B26 sites without eCSFB coming online.

• Like 1

If you don't have Kit Kat installed on your phone you can try to go LTE Only Mode. 

Try disabling B26 temporarily, that would usually solve the issue if its related to new B26 sites without eCSFB coming online.

Disabling B26 did the trick. So I guess I will have to do this until the tower(s) are updated?

Btw, thanks for all of the quick responses from everyone.

• Like 1