Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Pregame on the DAS

c0c3c1eca705c790623d6345fa45f9f3.jpg

My mom is on WiFi and it seems very responsive. Not sure of the actual speeds. My Nexus 5's WiFi chip stopped working so I can't connect.

I was at the game Sunday and saw similar results on my Nexus 6p.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

outage in stl today? creve cour area, none of my devices connect to lte and keep rotating between no service/1x/3g.

its strange, my m8 and ipad mini2 have lte, but my 6+ won't connect to lte at all.

tried multiple profile/prl resets and reboots, very strange it only affecting 1 device now.

its strange, my m8 and ipad mini2 have lte, but my 6+ won't connect to lte at all.

tried multiple profile/prl resets and reboots, very strange it only affecting 1 device now.

Do you have B41 coverage where you are? They have been reshuffling B41 channels, I noticed it causing an issue in my area yesterday. 

Do you have B41 coverage where you are? They have been reshuffling B41 channels, I noticed it causing an issue in my area yesterday. 

yes i have near constant b41, just don't understand why it would only affecting 6+ side by side with other working lte devices.

yes i have near constant b41, just don't understand why it would only affecting 6+ side by side with other working lte devices.

CA seems to have been affected. Though if it's a 6+ and not a 6s+... my theory doesn't hold up. So, not sure.

i figured out what the problem is.

both my phones had reverted to 3g only, constantly going from no service to 1x to 3g, but no lte.

my tablet had stayed on lte, so i had originally thought it was an lte/voice related issue.

then i remembered that both my phones have the 'static ip' feature, so i tried removing it from one of the phone and then bam! lte works again.

so something has changed with their static ip system in regards to LTE.

There were workers at my local flagpole LTE GMO yesterday. I saw them just as they were packing up and leaving. Not sure what they were doing, but they had a boom truck and the flag was lowered, so obviously something with antennas. It still appears to be a GMO but I'll watch it and see if they added B41 or something.

Yeah with a 1x Sprint connection, it shouldn't even have been roaming on USCC LTE.

Sent from my LG G4

This made me think of something that occurs for me occasionally on Project Fi using Nexus 6. A USCC LTE connection and Verizon 1x.

Also using USCC Project Fi, it maintains both 1x and LTE connections. Both will continuously update in SCP. And if you make a phone call, it routes it through 1x but doesn't drop the LTE. Strange. But it will not do simultaneous data. But it will update the LTE signal strength as you move. It operates more like an iPhone when on USCC. But not on Sprint.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

At the zoo with friends today and they are all complaining about their Verizon service not working well. Sprint is doing extremely well and I've had no issues. It's really great to see how far they've come in the past few years.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We were in Hermann this weekend and experienced something similar. Verizon customers were complaining about their service but those of us with Sprint were roaming on US Cellular's data network with no trouble.

One of the Verizon customers turned to his buddy, "Didn't we buy them already?"

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Long time no update.... we've noticed that previously dormant Clear WiMax sites are now coming to life with Nokia Mini-Macro B41! Keep an eye out!

If you are a Signal Check Pro user, these sites will not show up as normal, instead of LTE 2500 or LTE B41 it will just say Sprint LTE. The GCI will also look a little odd, using the B25 market code, but ending in 31/32/33 or 39/3A/3B. An example would be 0569F132 or 056A0039.

See http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5817-missouri-nv-20-b26-b41-maps/ for more information (premier sponsors).

(there is a new update for SCP that will help to identify these sites, beta users may see that update now.).

• 2 weeks later...

The GCI will also look a little odd, using the B25 market code, but ending in 31/32/33 or 39/3A/3B. An example would be 0569F132 or 056A0039.

Does this apply to the entire network or just the old Huawei Clear sites?

Does this apply to the entire network or just the old Huawei Clear sites?

We did not have Huawei sites in St. Louis. We were Samsung. Some clear sites were updated with new dual WiMax/LTE RRUs, and some were not. Those sites went dark after WiMax was shut down. Sprint appears to be going back and adding Nokia Mini-Macros to these sites. Only the Mini-Macros will have the odd GCI pattern.

Sprint may add Mini-Macros to other Sprint sites that don't currently have B41 to expand the B41 footprint at a lower cost. We have seen this in other markets, but currently we only have seen the Mini-Macros deployed on dark Clear sites in the Missouri market.

Sent from my LG G5