Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

My experience with the second b25 carrier is that it is staying at around 6-12 mbps while the first is a lot slower in my experience. I figured the two would be about the same.

From what I've seen, once it's working properly, speeds have been similar on both. 2nd carrier isn't on every site here yet, but in the KS market where it is pretty much everywhere, speeds were 10-20Mbps on both carriers. 

• Like 1

Along 170 from Olive to Delmar & on 70 by the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's weird...only thing I can think of is either an LTE only tower (you are connected to another carriers voice network) or US Cellular Roaming...both of which are unlikely where you are...

That's weird...only thing I can think of is either an LTE only tower (you are connected to another carriers voice network) or US Cellular Roaming...both of which are unlikely where you are...

Especially considering USCC shut down in that area.

Sent from my LG G4

Especially considering USCC shut down in that area.

Sent from my LG G4

That's what I was thinking...hitting an LTE only tower and losing 3G/1x is a possibility - where I live there is no 3G or 1x but I get B41 from a nearby Clearwire conversion. So when I'm leaving my house, sometimes my iPhone picks up Verizon 1x and it shows extended LTE even though I'm connected to sprint LTE and Verizon 1x. This could be the problem considering he is using an iPhone...

Church street exit off 70

That was probably the cemetery site then. I pick that up at my house sometimes. But the signal is pretty weak so I've never seen speeds that high.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've been hearing of other cities getting a 10 MHz b25 carrier and a 5 MHz b25 carrier. Do we have the spectrum in this market to make that possible here to or no?

Eventually, after further CDMA trimming. Right now 2 B25 (5x5) carriers will have to do, along with B26 and B41 2xCA.

I see. I haven't seen much progress in b41 lately...

Work really came to a crawl in the last few months of 2015 and the start of this year. If the information I'm seeing is correct, we should start to see work pick up again soon.

Also, 3rd carrier B41 should be coming to Sprint sites any day now.

• Like 2

That's quite strange considering that AT&T has a DAS in the stadium. What section are you in?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

348, first base line.

My AT&T work phone is a brick at Busch. Sprint is doing great!

A Sprint phone in the hand is worth two in the Busch.

AJ

• Like 2

348, first base line.

Edit: I asked Paul Kapustka from the Mobile Sports Report and his response was:

https://twitter.com/paulkaps/status/719713437547245569?s=09

It would be kind of odd for AT&T to be bad on the surface, if indeed it is true that they are on the DAS. That said, there's a few factors that work against AT&T there. Mainly, that AT&T still has a super large customer base there, one of the largest in the country for them percentage wise. Any of the other carriers other than them probably worked great today. That said, there's still a lot of legacy users there from the Southwestern Bell days. AT&T corporate has more or less abandoned St. Louis. The legacy customer base there hasn't really left. I would have guessed VZ and T-Mobile would have greater customer bases there given they finished 1st and 2nd in Rootmetrics. That said, even Sprint beat out AT&T in 1H 2016. I suspect that gap could get even bigger if Sprint gears up NGN.

So if AT&T still has a larger customer base even though anything else works better in the city or anywhere around STL for that matter, at some stage I just throw up my hands.

Here's the stats from the Cubs series last year. Clearly that DAS is working in places. https://twitter.com/paulkaps/status/719716517399519232?s=09

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The WiFi system at Busch is officially online for tonight's game. Cardinals twitter tweeted this photo of an antenna setup.

https://i.imgur.com/rlbCVz6.jpg

Looks like the WiFi deployment is completely separate from the DAS. Those antennas don't look like DAS to me. It'll be interesting to see how much people offload to WiFi and how it holds up. I might be there for a game this weekend.

• Like 2

The WiFi system at Busch is officially online for tonight's game. Cardinals twitter tweeted this photo of an antenna setup.

https://i.imgur.com/rlbCVz6.jpg

Looks like the WiFi deployment is completely separate from the DAS. Those antennas don't look like DAS to me. It'll be interesting to see how much people offload to WiFi and how it holds up. I might be there for a game this weekend.

We had a member there recently that pretty much confirmed that a B41 DAS is online, so there's that too!

• Like 1

Pregame on the DAS

c0c3c1eca705c790623d6345fa45f9f3.jpg

My mom is on WiFi and it seems very responsive. Not sure of the actual speeds. My Nexus 5's WiFi chip stopped working so I can't connect.

• Like 3