Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

So slightly off topic but drove out to Hermann just to see if LTE roaming on US Cellular was indeed working... Had to go to LTE only because my phone was still trying to keep a 1x800 connection speed isn't too bad either for roaming and being in a rural area... I have Signal Check on since Washington and went out Hwy 100 to 19 probably going down 19 to 50 then back to Union had a lot of converted towers that I don't have site notes for if anyone wants the log when I get done let me know

31fafdb4b6a343e227e7036a63996c19.jpg015a295ac49f4d7fbb40169d73dd04f4.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So slightly off topic but drove out to Hermann just to see if LTE roaming on US Cellular was indeed working... 

You should update your profile to let us know that you now are using an LG G4.  If you still were using an LG G3 and had LTE roaming on USCC, that would have been remarkable -- because it would have required band 26 MFBI or illegal band 5.

Also, since SignalCheck Pro does not have USCC GCI to band detection, you should take a screenshot of your LTE engineering screen to check the band, either band 5 or band 12.

AJ

You should update your profile to let us know that you now are using an LG G4. If you still were using an LG G3 and had LTE roaming on USCC, that would have been remarkable -- because it would have required band 26 MFBI or illegal band 5.

Also, since SignalCheck Pro does not have USCC GCI to band detection, you should take a screenshot of your LTE engineering screen to check the band, either band 5 or band 12.

AJ

Okay I didn't even realize both of those things

aa4f525026e0293852ccc45fc76bd48c.jpg

• Like 1

You should update your profile to let us know that you now are using an LG G4. If you still were using an LG G3 and had LTE roaming on USCC, that would have been remarkable -- because it would have required band 26 MFBI or illegal band 5.

AJ

My signature says LGLS991 which is the LG G4 I'm using tapatalk so maybe my old phone is also posted on the site that I can't see

Okay I didn't even realize both of those things

Confirming the band may help mikejeep add USCC GCI to band detection.  In this case, band 12 looks like it could be the primary carrier -- because of the low last two digits of the GCI.

AJ

My signature says LGLS991 which is the LG G4 I'm using tapatalk so maybe my old phone is also posted on the site that I can't see

Many of us view the actual website, and underneath your profile picture it also lists your current device. You have to go to your S4GRU profile to update that.

• Like 1

My adventure is over i believe I hit 3 unique US Cellular sites two were Band 12 and I was on that first site via all 3 sectors for a long time I did pick up a completely different GCI and I checked and it was Band 5 so I'll post that I guess for the hope that mikejeep can possibly get a pattern to identify... LTE Discovery did not show a band and surprisingly the only indication that I was roaming on the phone was "Extended Area" on the lock screen if you don't notice that or have something like Signal Check you probably wouldn't realize it

65a77a8530bbc3884ead2c18e68b3b83.jpge9a5138b75fd26e06d68a59984a54c07.jpg

• Like 2

What would it report? I would think it would map for USCC since the phone is reporting a USCC connection.

Not sure about android but on iPhone the carrier name is always reported as sprint even when roaming. The indicator at the top changes to extended but all of the signalcheck-like apps report the carrier to be sprint. Mb it's different on android idk. I just thought it would be good so that people that looked at sensory would be able to see everywhere they would get LTE on sprint roaming or not.

Not sure about android but on iPhone the carrier name is always reported as sprint even when roaming. The indicator at the top changes to extended but all of the signalcheck-like apps report the carrier to be sprint. Mb it's different on android idk. I just thought it would be good so that people that looked at sensory would be able to see everywhere they would get LTE on sprint roaming or not.

I would almost prefer it not show roaming. That or make a distinction between native and roaming. I'm not sure how Sensorly decides what kind of signal it is getting, so until someone actually attempts to map it, I'm not sure it will show on Sprint. It may, but if it is based on the PLMN then it may get mapped as USCC.

I would almost prefer it not show roaming. That or make a distinction between native and roaming. I'm not sure how Sensorly decides what kind of signal it is getting, so until someone actually attempts to map it, I'm not sure it will show on Sprint. It may, but if it is based on the PLMN then it may get mapped as USCC.

Either way no harm done right?

Most towers in Jeff city and all so far on east side of the lake have 2nd carrier.

And that probably is quite recent.  I was in Jefferson City once every two weeks this fall, and I did not note a band 25 second carrier.  But it seems to be spreading like wildfire across both the Kansas and Missouri markets.

AJ

• Like 1

And that probably is quite recent. I was in Jefferson City once every two weeks this fall, and I did not note a band 25 second carrier. But it seems to be spreading like wildfire across both the Kansas and Missouri markets.

AJ

Yea wasn't that way Sunday when i went to fly out of stl.

Rickie

I was out in the Belleville area tonight and when I wasn't on B41 I saw B25 2nd carrier on almost every tower.

Awesome. I'll be in Bellvegas for the holidays - good to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. I'll be in Bellvegas for the holidays - good to know!

Not Belle-tucky?

;)

AJ

Not Belle-tucky?

;)

AJ

Naw, the Illinois equivalent to Kentucky would be southwards where I live. I would love to see sbolen come down just to run Sensorly tracks though Randolph County.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk