Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

Sprint is in a much better capacity position because of that. Sprint also has additional 1900 channels to expand into with demand as well. I don't know how much unused 700 spectrum VZW and AT&T have to burn beyond the 10x10 (and 5x5 sometimes for ATT) channels they are currently using.

Sprint is in a much better capacity position because of that. Sprint also has additional 1900 channels to expand into with demand as well. I don't know how much unused 700 spectrum VZW and AT&T have to burn beyond the 10x10 (and 5x5 sometimes for ATT) channels they are currently using.

As far as I know, Verizon has 24mhz in the 700mhz range, and they have deployed a 10x10, so basically they are tapped out.

Any ideas on the Providence RI area?

We usually are considered part of the Boston market so I'm crossing my fingers.

Sprint has Providence in their own separate market from Boston. Providence is not in the first two rounds of Network Vision.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

So we are expecting live LTE in the Boston area by the end of June? That is fantastic if true! Then I'll really get to take this new Evo LTE for a spin. Is it more of a situation that some LTE towers will go live in June, but the full rollout for Boston won't be complete until later in the year?

So we are expecting live LTE in the Boston area by the end of June? That is fantastic if true! Then I'll really get to take this new Evo LTE for a spin. Is it more of a situation that some LTE towers will go live in June, but the full rollout for Boston won't be complete until later in the year?

^ same question but for the DC market

Both Boston and DC are active Network Vision deployment markets. NV/LTE work is underway. However, when Sprint is going to allow LTE to be discoverable is unknown. We hope it will be soon. I do believe it will happen in June, but we don't know a date, yet.

Boston currently has 125 sites converted to Network Vision and Washington DC has 35 sites. I think within the next 30 days we will start seeing some of these completed NV sites start turning on LTE.

Robert

Both Boston and DC are active Network Vision deployment markets. NV/LTE work is underway. However, when Sprint is going to allow LTE to be discoverable is unknown. We hope it will be soon. I do believe it will happen in June, but we don't know a date, yet.

Boston currently has 125 sites converted to Network Vision and Washington DC has 35 sites. I think within the next 30 days we will start seeing some of these completed NV sites start turning on LTE.

Robert

Great information, very much appreciated! Here's hoping for the end of June for Boston, I'm getting pretty tired of my Verizon friends bragging about their download speeds...

Great information' date=' very much appreciated! Here's hoping for the end of June for Boston, I'm getting pretty tired of my Verizon friends bragging about their download speeds...[/quote']

Even still, it will take a couple more quarters to complete the whole market. But good progress is being made in Boston.

Any news on the lte core?

It was scheduled to be online on May 18th. I have not seen an update since then. I have no idea.

Robert

I am also very interested in the greater Boston area. I live in Billerica, bordering on Carlisle.

Carlisle is a black hole of cell coverage, and even though my official sprint coverage map says that I have great coverage I had to get an Airrave since I was on and off roaming at home. (Positive note: my 3g speeds on the airrave are excellent, with my Comcast backhaul :P )

I was really hoping for a new tower nearby, but it's not a big deal since I get decent coverage by the time I get to the end of my street. At home I just got the airrave so I could get calls consistently...not so worried about data there with wifi.

What worries me is that all the surrounding cell sites seem to have NV complete status, but 3g speeds are still abysmal (driving around; not on airrave) I don't care for blazing fast speed. I just want to be able to stream my music again on my drive to work. Or load a web page in under say, 30 seconds.

Wow, I drive right by your house every morning on the way to work. I would probably gain 10 lbs if I lived that close to Donna's Donuts.

Haha, small world.... I live right next to it, I don't visit it much :P I'm guessing you're from wilmington or from tewksbury it self?

Might as well join in with the Mass peeps :)

From Westford by the way. In rural areas of Westford, you would be lucky to get a decent signal from Sprint because of trees and stuff but where the four corners (Boston Road) are, I get excellent signal. Can't wait for LTE to be switched on!

Just read a bit of the Harrisburg thread and someone mentioned that abysmal download speeds might be indicative of sites being offline (or partially offline?) while upgrades are done. Now around Harvard Square, 3g speeds have been bad for almost a year; however, in the last week or so, I've had some horrible connection speeds. Like maxing out at 40k on 3G. Streaming stuttering, page timeouts. I sure hope something good is happening behind the scenes.

As an aside, I'm planning to attend the Sprint / Samsung event next Tuesday. How awesome would it be if LTE was lit up thereby allowing press / customers to properly try out the Galaxy S3! Wishful thinking, I know. :)

• Like 1

Just read a bit of the Harrisburg thread and someone mentioned that abysmal download speeds might be indicative of sites being offline (or partially offline?) while upgrades are done. Now around Harvard Square, 3g speeds have been bad for almost a year; however, in the last week or so, I've had some horrible connection speeds. Like maxing out at 40k on 3G. Streaming stuttering, page timeouts. I sure hope something good is happening behind the scenes.

As an aside, I'm planning to attend the Sprint / Samsung event next Tuesday. How awesome would it be if LTE was lit up thereby allowing press / customers to properly try out the Galaxy S3! Wishful thinking, I know. :)

I was rather surprised that they didn't have any LTE towers available for the EVO launch. This would be great if they had some booted up for the GS3 launch. Depends on when they decide to stop blocking access I guess and what is done in the area...

I'm assuming the LTE there is still blocked' date=' right?[/quote']

Well, we didn't know for sure. Lots of times new sites are live at first, but then get blocked. However, I did receive a PM from a member who drove around the sites last night in Lynn to try to get a 4G LTE connection. But he was unable to connect. Seems like the blocking of the new Mass sites has already occurred. :td:

He did report blazing 3G speeds at these towers though. Over 2Mbps. :tu:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what is going on with Sprint in downtown Boston (specifically Boston Common).

3G was out all day right in front of the state house - stuck on 1x only. Other areas around are fine, seems like the 3G at that one tower went out.

Not sure if it is network vision related, thunderstorm related (from last night), or something else. Usually 3G speeds are very good in this area.

I need a bit more than this to stream my radio in the morning:

7451860704_afc534d84c.jpg