Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Has anybody that's driven along I15 near Tremonton notice any LTE? I didn't get any LTE there or during my trip to downtown SLC. I was using my Note 2 on Digiblur ROM with the 501 and 2006 prl. 

There is definitely 4g in Tremonton. You should have picked out up near bountiful as well. I live downtown and there is nothing live. There are two sites live in slc, one way east on foothill and another near redwood road and 2nd south. Neither site reaches downtown. 

There is definitely 4g in Tremonton. You should have picked out up near bountiful as well. 

That's what I've noticed in the sponsor maps and sensorly. Strange it didn't connect to it, signal check lite didn't see it either. I''l have to reset my Note 2 next time I go there, or use my iPhone or tablet. 

I recently had an issue with my HTC One. I went into the South Jordan Sprint store to get it looked at. The tech in the store told me that South Jordan will be on before the end of the year. Later that day I was having a really slow connection, and called in to Sprint, and had a very bad experience. I was contacted later that night by a High End guy. He told me that Sandy (Where I live) Would be on in about 30 days. I have never had a Sprint Employee tell me anything about LTE roll out, and then had 2 people tell me about the same information in the same day. Lets hope they are correct.

• Like 1

That's what I've noticed in the sponsor maps and sensorly. Strange it didn't connect to it, signal check lite didn't see it either. I''l have to reset my Note 2 next time I go there, or use my iPhone or tablet. 

My HTC One has never connected to LTE on its own. I have been in LTE areas many times and have yet to see it pop.

Still, keep in mind that Utah, Salt Lake, Box Elder, and Davis counties all received 4G before Cedar City.  They didn't get it in Cedar any faster than anyone else.  Just another random ass 4G site. 

From what the employee at the sprint store told me they have a plan of who is rolling out next, it isn't random, it is simply controlled confusion. 

I want a good phone and good service so the 2 year contract don't seem like an eternity.

I work in South Jordan. We use Verizon for our mobile carrier. The LTE for Verizon is fair at best in South Jordan. Some places you show full LTE yet can't make a connection. I am hopeful that Sprints network is all they are claiming it will be, It has been a tough 3 months since I "Upgraded" from my Evo 4g, to the HTC One.

I recently had an issue with my HTC One. I went into the South Jordan Sprint store to get it looked at. The tech in the store told me that South Jordan will be on before the end of the year. Later that day I was having a really slow connection, and called in to Sprint, and had a very bad experience. I was contacted later that night by a High End guy. He told me that Sandy (Where I live) Would be on in about 30 days. I have never had a Sprint Employee tell me anything about LTE roll out, and then had 2 people tell me about the same information in the same day. Lets hope they are correct.

From what the employee at the sprint store told me they have a plan of who is rolling out next, it isn't random, it is simply controlled confusion.

Well I'll believe it when I see it. I have no faith in what sprint c/s reps say. Its definitely possible but I wouldn't get my hopes up based on that. As to a plan of course they had/have one and no it may not be random by design but it could be perceived that way and perception is everything in a customer service environment! Either way I will stuck it out with sprint I'd rather not pay the premium prices and be capped on top of that.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I work in South Jordan. We use Verizon for our mobile carrier. The LTE for Verizon is fair at best in South Jordan. Some places you show full LTE yet can't make a connection. I am hopeful that Sprints network is all they are claiming it will be, It has been a tough 3 months since I "Upgraded" from my Evo 4g, to the HTC One.

I hear you!  I upgraded from a Evo 4G to the iPhone 5s.  The 3g in South Jordan is unusable for the most part.  I get about .13 down and .5 up on average.  Meanwhile my coworker on AT&T gets 25 down and 15 up!  I took the gamble that I'd have to suffer with poor connectivity for a few months and I'm hoping I don't live to regret it!  So far, the few LTE connections that I've tested have been mediocre compared to what I've seen on Verizon and At&t.  The best speed to date has been 8.72 down and 3.22 up.  That was just north of SLC.

Do you really need more than 3-5 on your phone? I bet most couldn't tell the difference from 5 to 15. Double digits are really just bragging rights if you ask me. But if I was paying their prices maybe I'd want to see 20+ to justify the price?

• Like 1

Do you really need more than 3-5 on your phone? I bet most couldn't tell the difference from 5 to 15. Double digits are really just bragging rights if you ask me. But if I was paying their prices maybe I'd want to see 20+ to justify the price?

i agree 100% with this. in all honestly i would be fine with constant 5-10 down LTE or .50-1.00 down 3G. i mean honestly yeah at&T will do 20-40 down but what the point if you are capped out... like my GF for example, she has an S3 with tmo and has great service. i just found out she is capped at 2GB every month. i dont see the point in that. sprint is going make those users wanna actually use date instead of panicing when WiFi isnt around. even with my crap 3G i will average about 2-4 Gigs per month on my iphone.

just my 2 cents :)

• Like 2

as soon as LTE and NV 3G is rolled out, i wil be happy with my phone, i used to do about 4-6 gigs per month on my EVO OG with streaming,youtube,pandora, facebook and instagram and and all of the social media BS. i love that i dont have to worry about usage with with sprint.

• Like 1

If you listen to Pandora for 6 to 8 hours a day at work its something like 8 gigs/month. I 'd rather not be hobbled, that's why I don't bitch about 0.30 3g and sprint's slow roll out. I've hit 30+ down with lte, and that's faster than my Comcast. Anything faster than 10 is just icing on the eff you Verizon tmo att cake.

• Like 4

Has anyone seen a vast reduction in coverage in the past week or so?

I had an issue where I lost Voice and text, and had to have my phone reactivated. The strange thing was I still had data, and no one else on my plan was affected at all. Since the reactivation I find that I have little to no service in areas that I had great service prior. I noticed the drop in service almost immediately after the re activation.

Any input would be awesome.

Just for the sake of information, they replaced my SIM card, and that didn't help. My wifes HTC One has also had a SIM Card issue. Has anyone else had an issue with their SIM in a HTC One?

I had an issue where I lost Voice and text, and had to have my phone reactivated. The strange thing was I still had data, and no one else on my plan was affected at all. Since the reactivation I find that I have little to no service in areas that I had great service prior. I noticed the drop in service almost immediately after the re activation.

Just for the sake of information, they replaced my SIM card, and that didn't help. My wifes HTC One has also had a SIM Card issue. Has anyone else had an issue with their SIM in a HTC One?

What is your location?

W

Around which area? Might be testing hopefully but I can't say I have had any issues with my iphone.

What is your location?

Work in South Jordan, Live in Sandy. South Jordan used to be great service wise, now it is very spotty (sometimes I have to stand in one place, or hold my phone in one place to get service). I used to be able to stream audio all day in my travels, but now there is little chance of that. Before the issue I had great service in Copperton, Now it is as spotty as in South Jordan. When I lived in South Jordan we had to have a home phone due to living in a basement. When we moved to Sandy we dumped the home phone because our phones worked so well, even data was good. Now we are lucky to be able sign in to facebook unless we are on WiFi. I am within 500 feet of a Sprint tower while at my desk, and when my work used Sprint as our carrier we had repeaters installed in our building, so at my desk my service is always 100%, but anywhere else in the city it is low to zero.

Edited by Jojodapyro

I'm in draper mine service has actually improved lately? I am on a note 2. Have you tried sprint care on Twitter? What's ur address where service is bad? They have been doing a lot of work in area so it could be related?

I'm in draper mine service has actually improved lately? I am on a note 2. Have you tried sprint care on Twitter? What's ur address where service is bad? They have been doing a lot of work in area so it could be related?

I wish I could give you a single address of bad service. I can go from full 3g to no 3g in 3 feet, literally. 

Well I would suggest calling to sprint and creating a ticket. It can be a process sometimes but sometimes there is no other way. I was just curious what site your closest to I keep a close eye on most of sandy/draper as I work in draper.

Well I would suggest calling to sprint and creating a ticket. It can be a process sometimes but sometimes there is no other way. I was just curious what site your closest to I keep a close eye on most of sandy/draper as I work in draper.

9800 and 7th area is where I live, Daybreak area is the worst of the worst, but it hasn't been good anywhere. 

9800 and 7th area is where I live, Daybreak area is the worst of the worst, but it hasn't been good anywhere.

7th east? Sorry its a big difference. I'm not surprised about daybreak as its a new community. I doubt sprint has added any towers out there in recent years. After the initial roll outs are complete they will start to go back and add towers to areas that have grown. Keep in mind that's probably a year or two out. The addition of 1X800 and 800 LTE should greatly improve sprints footprint. Also worth noting is that with the addition of TD lte/2600 we here in SLC should be pretty happy as wimax was pretty good here.

• Like 1

Work in South Jordan, Live in Sandy. South Jordan used to be great service wise, now it is very spotty (sometimes I have to stand in one place, or hold my phone in one place to get service). I used to be able to stream audio all day in my travels, but now there is little chance of that. Before the issue I had great service in Copperton, Now it is as spotty as in South Jordan. When I lived in South Jordan we had to have a home phone due to living in a basement. When we moved to Sandy we dumped the home phone because our phones worked so well, even data was good. Now we are lucky to be able sign in to facebook unless we are on WiFi. I am within 500 feet of a Sprint tower while at my desk, and when my work used Sprint as our carrier we had repeaters installed in our building, so at my desk my service is always 100%, but anywhere else in the city it is low to zero.

haha welcome to how the rest of us feel all day everyday.  There is always little chance of me streaming music.  I'm having an extremely good day if I can stream audio from pandora or iTunes radio.

• Like 1

haha welcome to how the rest of us feel all day everyday. There is always little chance of me streaming music. I'm having an extremely good day if I can stream audio from pandora or iTunes radio.

Im using my laptop via 3g hotspot not to bad can't stream much but everything else is OK.