Analyst says Galaxy Note coming to Sprint.

pyroscott

So Sprint confirmed the EVO's launch date, announced a hotspot device and a push-to-talk app but no Note. Does this mean no Note for 2012?
Most likely no.

From reading the threads here and elsewhere as well as Roberts excellent notes on the subject I came to the conclusion a while back that the Note will not come to Sprint this year (at least not sooner than the 4th quarter). Which is why I couldn't wait and got it on AT&T. Robert has shown us from this document recently posted in the EVO LTE pre order thread that there is one device currently in testing that will be released by Sept (3rd quarter). But I do not think its the Note. By Oct we will be very close to the one year anniversary of the current Note. So unless Samsung and Sprint get the Note out by 3rd qtr, I don't think it will come at all in its current form this year.

Plus, Samsung has mentioned that they are already in the process of creating Note # 2, so by Nov/Dec I am sure they will announce it officially. Whether that will be the international version or US version or both is yet to be seen. me thinks it will be the International version first then a US GSM/LTE version In Jan/Feb and a CDMA/LTE version in Feb/Mar.

What throws this theory of mine into a loop is the talks that Verizon is going to get one also by years end. If they do get a Note it won't be the updated one but rather the current version.

It also seems that a Sprint rep made a post stating that Sprint decided not to carry the Note (at least this current version) see link. This is not to say that Sprint won't carry the newer updated version that Samsung is working on and what I think will happen.

TS

Most likely no.

From reading the threads here and elsewhere as well as Roberts excellent notes on the subject I came to the conclusion a while back that the Note will not come to Sprint this year (at least not sooner than the 4th quarter). Which is why I couldn't wait and got it on AT&T. Robert has shown us from this document recently posted in the EVO LTE pre order thread that there is one device currently in testing that will be released by Sept (3rd quarter). But I do not think its the Note. By Oct we will be very close to the one year anniversary of the current Note. So unless Samsung and Sprint get the Note out by 3rd qtr, I don't think it will come at all in its current form this year.

Plus, Samsung has mentioned that they are already in the process of creating Note # 2, so by Nov/Dec I am sure they will announce it officially. Whether that will be the international version or US version or both is yet to be seen. me thinks it will be the International version first then a US GSM/LTE version In Jan/Feb and a CDMA/LTE version in Feb/Mar.

What throws this theory of mine into a loop is the talks that Verizon is going to get one also by years end. If they do get a Note it won't be the updated one but rather the current version.

It also seems that a Sprint rep made a post stating that Sprint decided not to carry the Note (at least this current version) see link. This is not to say that Sprint won't carry the newer updated version that Samsung is working on and what I think will happen.

TS

That's too bad. My brother, sister, and gf all wanted the Note. My sister even mentioned switching to AT&T like you did.

• 2 weeks later...

Most likely no.

TS

You gotta get the inside scoop soon because my Sprint contract is up, now, and my far sightnedness really wants the large screen of the Note/Journal hybrid phone/tablet.

I have not seen or heard anything that leads me to believe the Note is coming to Sprint this summer. And if it doesn't happen this summer, then the Note will be too old. My guess is that Sprint will get a variant of the Note 2 based on the new GS-3 this Fall or early Winter.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I have not seen or heard anything that leads me to believe the Note is coming to Sprint this summer. And if it doesn't happen this summer, then the Note will be too old. My guess is that Sprint will get a variant of the Note 2 based on the new GS-3 this Fall or early Winter.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Quess this is the wait and hope phase...damn!

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope the Note 2 comes to Sprint. I am looking at moving our entire Company from AT&T to Sprint as it will save us some money and I really like the whole NV plan Sprint has laid out. We have not made our final decision yet but I would have a very hard time giving up my Note. I guess if I had to I could go down to the 4.7/4.8 sizes but going below that would just be impossible at this point. The size of the Note really spoils you.

• Like 3