New LG Flagship device

htown713

LG Eclipse?

Says dual OS (WP8 and Android).. IDK. I think someone got a little carried away. I assume the 50mp camera is a typo. lol

Sounds like a load of junk....dual boot OS being sold retail is highly unlikely....Microsoft would never go for that anyway...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a load of junk....dual boot OS being sold retail is highly unlikely....Microsoft would never go for that anyway...

Agreed about Microsoft. They caused the demise of BeOS years ago over not allowing dual boot machines.

It depends on how desperate MS is to break into the market. They might agree to a dual boot if it means more customer adoption and if they are sure that WP OS will kick the crap out of Android on the same hardware. Doubtful, but it could steal some market share from Android in the long run. I would be hard pressed to commit to WP but could easily see myself buying a dual boot handset to kick the tires.

The real issue would be if the WP OS would support that hardware. MS has been very particular about what hardware OEMs use with their OS.

Sent with AOSP JB Toro on Forum Runner

• 5 weeks later...

So... what are the chances this is the new Nexus? Taylor on androidandme.com threw the suggestion out there, doesn't look like there is any evidence. But, you have to admit, there have been no leaks at all of English-language software yet, it could be anything.

http://androidandme.com/2012/09/smartphones-2/lg-optimus-g-coming-to-us-in-november-as-the-next-nexus/

So... what are the chances this is the new Nexus? Taylor on androidandme.com threw the suggestion out there' date=' doesn't look like there is any evidence. But, you have to admit, there have been no leaks at all of English-language software yet, it could be anything.

http://androidandme.com/2012/09/smartphones-2/lg-optimus-g-coming-to-us-in-november-as-the-next-nexus/

If the article is correct in saying that it will have ICS upgradeable to JB... zero chance it is a nexus device.

The hardware looks solid, if it is a nexus device, it would be awesome. If it is saddled with LGs awful software, don't even bother.

• 2 weeks later...

If the article is correct in saying that it will have ICS upgradeable to JB... zero chance it is a nexus device.

The hardware looks solid, if it is a nexus device, it would be awesome. If it is saddled with LGs awful software, don't even bother.

So, looks like they are two separate phones with similar internals and screens. Of great interest to me is if Sprint can get the new Nexus anywhere near its original launch, or if we get another six-month delay. Though my upgrade doesn't come due till June anyway. Sigh.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G