HTC Pre-Order Thread

unccjester

Got an email from Best Buy about an hour ago saying there was a problem with my online preorder and telling me to call. Long story short, I'm not really sure why they told me to call, but whatever magic they did changed my order status from "Backordered" to "Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days." I guess if they don't ship today it'll be Tuesday at the earliest before I see the phone, Monday being a holiday and all *grumble*.

The good news is that while I was on hold, I went to the Best Buy Mobile site the hold music kept telling me to visit, and it says the $50 phone freedom gift card and the $50 preorder gift card do stack.

I can confirm that they do stack! All I paid was tax on mine!

Inside Sprint Now is reporting that Sprint is sending free Gel Cases to all pre-order customers as a small consolation for the delay.

http://insidesprintn...htc-evo-4g-lte/

**EDIT**

Just called my BB and my phone is ready for pickup. On the way there now. I'm so geeked right now!

I've had nothing but positive experiences with purchasing my phones from BB. Sometimes the activation process takes awhile but other than that it's been good

Sent from the Negative Zone using the Ultimate Nullifier

I've a string of bad experiences in my local store.

I'm kind of in between two stores though, maybe I will give the other once a chance. I used to be a huge BB fan but their in-store customer service has been crap lately in Daytona.

I now officially hate Best Buy. They have some of the pre-ordered phones in the store' date=' but not mine. Wtf?[/quote']

My BB Rep is saying they were having issues with the system saying there were none in inventory but the phones were right there in hand. Yours is probably there but not showing up on the computer list.

There is def something jacked up in their system. The system can't seem to find my preorder even though we're looking right it.

Inside Sprint Now is reporting that Sprint is sending free Gel Cases to all pre-order customers as a small consolation for the delay.

http://insidesprintn...htc-evo-4g-lte/

Yes, I have a second package out for delivery from UPS now. Must be the case. Very cool.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

My BB Rep is saying they were having issues with the system saying there were none in inventory but the phones were right there in hand. Yours is probably there but not showing up on the computer list.

There is def something jacked up in their system. The system can't seem to find my preorder even though we're looking right it.

Well, she said she physically checked, at least she put me on hold for a couple of minutes. lol

I think I have meeting over that way later in the afternoon, I might swing by and check.

Took awhile but I am finally the owner of a shiny new Evo 4G LTE! This is a sweet phone. Soooo light compared to my OG Evo and it's a feather compared to my coworkers 3D.

hdha3.jpg?1

• Like 2

Here are pics of the new complimentary EVO LTE cover I received from Sprint this morning. Electric blue. It's definitely an inexpensive case, but it looks and feels good for what it is. And it's very much appreciated, since I expected nothing and don't fault Sprint for what happened with the delays.

gallery_1_1_18119.jpg

gallery_1_1_97656.jpg

gallery_1_1_22610.jpg

• Like 3

Here are pics of the new complimentary EVO LTE cover I received from Sprint this morning. Electric blue. It's definitely an inexpensive case, but it looks and feels good for what it is. And it's very much appreciated, since I expected nothing and don't fault Sprint for what happened with the delays.

Liked for the last sentence. I think we're definitely in the minority with that feeling.

That is pretty cool of them! It looks rather patriotic to me, too... very appropriate for the Memorial Day weekend! :)

That was a pretty nice gesture. The wife and I both got one. I'm going to stop by the Sprint store tonight to see if they have different colors, so we can differentiate ours at first glance. A clear one might be cool.

Rob, glad I saw your post - I was about to create a thread on the cases but figured I'd stop in here and read through.

Edited by unccjester

gallery_1_1_18119.jpg

gallery_1_1_97656.jpg

gallery_1_1_22610.jpg

Superman style Case for a Super Phone.

Here are pics of the new complimentary EVO LTE cover I received from Sprint this morning. Electric blue.

Electric blue? Uh, the late 80s called. Debbie Gibson wants her color back.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

I ended up with a hard gray case.

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

• Like 1