HTC Pre-Order Thread

unccjester

they wouldnt let me, even with me saying i would leave sprint lol (not that i would )

LOL, so they called your bluff. Time for you to get a new poker face.

Being with sprint for a longer period of time does matter to them. I did my pre-order on 5-10. After my order was set and I used my upgrade, I checked to see when My next upgrade would come around.

I am eligable on 5-1-13, 355 days from when I ordered my evo, so says sprints website.

Still getting my yearly upgrades, even though sprint premier is discontinued.

I guess 12 years of loyalty is paying off.

Edited by meatman1964

Got my wife and me out of our contract by talking to Rententions. Only had to do it 1 time for both. I would love to get the Evo LTE pre-ordered but I gotta wait. Gonna sell back my Evo 3D to take less of a hit with the Evo LTE.

• Like 1

Wanted to see if anyone received their tracking info this morning? I ordered on the night of 5-11-12 from Sprint's website and here is my current status:

Status: Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

Wanted to see if anyone received their tracking info this morning? I ordered on the night of 5-11-12 from Sprint's website and here is my current status:

Status: Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

I wouldn't put much weight into these messages. They are still accepting preorders for the EVO.

Hopefully it ships today and we will get it tomorrow.

I wouldn't put much weight into these messages. They are still accepting preorders for the EVO.

Hopefully it ships today and we will get it tomorrow.

I just checked it again and it now says the following:

Thanks for pre-ordering. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

Long story made short...I agree with you.

Ok folks, got this from XDA...here's how you can get your shipping/tracking info! I looked mine up and no tracking # yet, but it is slated for overnight priority mail, so that's good, for what it's worth. Hope this helps!

1. Log in to Sprint and click See my bill, then click order history on the right, copy your order number for your EVO 4G LTE (Should start with a DM)

2. Put https://myaccountportal.sprint.com/s...Lines&orderId= in your web browser, and paste your DM order number after the equals sign. Make sure you copy the link address, not just the partial that shows above!

3. Get your account number from the resulting output.

4. Go to UPS.com and on the left where the tracking text box is, click more options, then click track by reference. Input your 9 digit acct number in the "shipment reference" box and click track (you shouldn't need to mess with any other options, just input the account number). That got me this..

05sTw.png

Edited by unccjester

Shocking. Well, we said it first. We just had the tip of the iceberg of the story.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Well, I'm glad I talked my wife out of getting an iPhone. She opted for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Elite Super 4g Mega Phone (or something like that).

I'm all for being able to protect your patents and intellectual property, until it interferes with my pre-ordered phone.

I'm just wondering how normal it is for brand new phones to be imported the day of or the day before they are supposed to be shipped to customers? Logic would tell me they'd have been arriving over the last four or five days to prepare to send them out.

Edit: Sprint in the last fifteen minutes has removed the pre-order option and no longer features the phone on the front page.

This is just making me want to NEVER buy a Apple product more than ever before!

I don't think I will be pre-ordering a phone again. Waiting for a product to actually hit the shelves looks like a good idea right now.

Hindsight of course is 20-20

• Like 1

I'm just wondering how normal it is for brand new phones to be imported the day of or the day before they are supposed to be shipped to customers? Logic would tell me they'd have been arriving over the last four or five days to prepare to send them out.

Edit: Sprint in the last fifteen minutes has removed the pre-order option and no longer features the phone on the front page.

Could be that this has been going on for a while now and we are just now getting word because it is definitely impacting the release date now.

• Like 1

People who order there phones on the internet recieved status saying your phone is on its way hoping to be there before the 18th ...yada yada yada.

I did my order over the phone back on the 10th, and my status has never been updated online. I did check my status the day after my order on the 11th and was told then by order support that it was on back order.

Looks like the phones were shipped earlier, but the problem is just coming to light now.

Edited by meatman1964

This is just making me want to NEVER buy a Apple product more than ever before!

I don't think I will be pre-ordering a phone again. Waiting for a product to actually hit the shelves looks like a good idea right now.

Hindsight of course is 20-20

I thought the same thing, but then, I only pre-ordered because I was up for renewal and I hate my Echo. I general go for the best option at the time that fits my current needs, which was going to be the Galaxy Nexus, but with the EVOlte coming out so soon, I decided to give it a shot.

Probably still worth the wait versus picking up the GNex tomorrow or something.

Just in time shipments/supply chain management is the way of the world now in electronics.

Robert

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, if you go to this Best Buy web page you can see what appears to be inventory status for the Evo 4G LTE: http://deals.bestbuy.com/mobile/product/5087293/htc++evo+4g+lte+mobile+phone++black+sprint I changed stores a few times and it does vary (for example, Christiansburg and Roanoke said "In Stock", but Lynchburg said "Out of Stock"). On the other hand, my online pre-order just says "Backordered."