HTC Pre-Order Thread

unccjester

I just had my upgrade eligeblity reset this morning. After a botched attempt to do my pre-order online and having sprints website screw up my upgrade after canceling the first order. I decided to do my pre-order over the phone. My total for my upgrade done over the phone with sales came to $175. It was $25 cheaper to go thru tele sales than ordering it online. They gave me a delivery date of the 17th over the phone.

If you haven't preorder online do it by calling sprint, I saved $25, but it took me ten minutes on the phone well worth the time I think.

Ok after receiving my confirmation email It turns out the sales rep put a order in for a lg viper instead of a Evo.

She had me confirm the model at least 3 times, and said evo 4g lte pre-order every time.

Currently have sprint order support on hold right now been trying to get a resolution for the incompetance of the sales rep.

This is been the worst customer service issue I have ever had.

I have to give the rep I have on hold alot of credit, he hasn't hung up on me and I haven't been real quiet about the problem.I did apologize for all the yelling I know its not his fault. They are trying to put my preorder thru without any additional cost to me right now.

• Like 1

Props to the guy for not hanging up. I'll never understand the rationale of yelling at the person you need to help resolve your issue.

Anyway, I decided not to risk going the Wirefly route. As I progressed through the ordering process I just kept getting the feeling that something was going to get screwy with my Sprint account. We get a discount through my wife's employer and my line is not the primary line. I've learned to trust my instincts in these cases so I'll just be patient and pick up my phone when BB calls to tell me it's ready.

If you can get an EVO for Viper price, that'll be WELL worth the hassle. You'll be the only person to beat out my retentions deal so far.. :tu: I had to go through 3 different departments and 3 different phone calls on 5/7 to get everything I needed done.

I had a $200.50 credit on my Sprint account until just a little bit ago. They charged me for my phone, so maybe they'll ship it soon.

Here's what it's listed as: HTC X325C BAR PHONE $200.50

Anybody else get charged yet?

I had a $200.50 credit on my Sprint account until just a little bit ago. They charged me for my phone, so maybe they'll ship it soon.

Here's what it's listed as: HTC X325C BAR PHONE $200.50

Anybody else get charged yet?

It all depends when your bill is generated. My bill will be generated for my account on the 18th according to sprint, same day as every other month.

They said thats when the charge for my phone will show up. You have a credit showing on your account when you place your order and your card is charged, but the actual charge will show on your next bill

Burst my bubble :cry:

And, yes...my new bill did post today.

It's just that all the little things that bug me about my phone, that I have been ignoring for so long, are getting more glaring each day that I wait for my new phone to arrive. Now I'm like "I can't believe i put up with this crappy phone for long."

Just got an email:

Thanks again for pre-ordering the new HTC EVO™ 4G LTE from Sprint.

This revolutionary smartphone is available to the public on Friday, May 18. So we'll do our absolute best to make sure you get yours first. Soon, you'll have unlimited access to all the things you love, only from Sprint.

We're processing your order now so look for your shipping confirmation email informing you of the specific carrier used for delivery, as well as the tracking number on the day that your phone ships.

• Like 1

Just got an email:

Thanks again for pre-ordering the new HTC EVO™ 4G LTE from Sprint.

This revolutionary smartphone is available to the public on Friday, May 18. So we'll do our absolute best to make sure you get yours first. Soon, you'll have unlimited access to all the things you love, only from Sprint.

We're processing your order now so look for your shipping confirmation email informing you of the specific carrier used for delivery, as well as the tracking number on the day that your phone ships.

Just got the same e-mail. :tu:

Robert

I also noticed this disclaimer at the bottom of the e-mail. First time I have seen this:

Sprint 4G LTE network is expected in midyear 2012 in limited markets, on select devices. Unless otherwise noted, Sprint 4G LTE devices will not operate on the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) network; Sprint 4G (WiMAX) devices will not operate on the Sprint 4G LTE network. Until 4G LTE coverage is available, you'll enjoy 3G coverage nationwide.

Although, of course, we have all known this for a long time. First time I've seen Sprint announce it directly to customers. Good move.

I also noticed this disclaimer at the bottom of the e-mail. First time I have seen this:

Although, of course, we have all known this for a long time. First time I've seen Sprint announce it directly to customers. Good move.

Agreed - Sprint really needs to remember that the average Joe doesn't know what 4G is, if they get it, what it does, etc.

They really need to step up their game and clearly communicate to customers what to expect.

I think we've all heard one too many stories about a certain sprint store rep promising 4G coverage "any day" to get that commission on a new phone sale.

• Like 1

Agreed - Sprint really needs to remember that the average Joe doesn't know what 4G is, if they get it, what it does, etc.

They really need to step up their game and clearly communicate to customers what to expect.

I think we've all heard one too many stories about a certain sprint store rep promising 4G coverage "any day" to get that commission on a new phone sale.

It also directly contradicts many ignorant communications we hear from store employees who say that it's OK to buy these 4G WiMax devices now, because it will work on the LTE network. Granted, these are isolated incidents, but cause a huge black eye for Sprint because they often are very publicized.

Robert

• Like 4

My guess would be that phones will start shipping on monday, so those that pre-ordered you should get your tracking info by monday. I wish I pre-ordered but oh well, I will be in the store first thing friday morning.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any advertisements for the $40 credit via Google Wallet. I saw a link someone provided to Wirefly that mentioned a $10 credit for signing up for Google Wallet, but not the additional $40. I plan on using it anyway, but it would be nice to sign up immediately and get that $50 (total) credit.

I just pre-ordered mine. Has anyone received this email message after placing their order?

The Sprint items listed below from your order are either on pre-order or temporarily out of stock:

If you pre-ordered an HTC EVO™ 4G LTE, we’ll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18 and we’ll send you an email the second it ships.

Order Line Details

----------------------------------

Product Details: HTC EVO 4G LTE

Quantity: 1

SKU: APX325CKT

Promotion Code:

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We will ship any items that are out of stock immediately after they are received at our warehouse.

Got my upgrade bumped up to now for a mere $45, my original upgrade wasn't till October. I'll be ready to get the device on the 15th. :lol: :lol:

how did you do that? (only asking because my upgrade isnt until September

how did you do that? (only asking because my upgrade isnt until September

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Sprint has this official program were they let certain customers buy out remaining months of your contract for a certain fee. 1-5 months remaining is $45. You need to talk to account services though, they check for eligibility. First level customer service doesn't really know much about it.

Sprint has this official program were they let certain customers buy out remaining months of your contract for a certain fee. 1-5 months remaining is $45. You need to talk to account services though, they check for eligibility. First level customer service doesn't really know much about it.

Awesome, do you still have their # ?

edit: nvm

Awesome, do you still have their # ?

I dialed *2 and talked to some one in customer service. I gave them a little sob story about wanting the new evo but my upgrade isn't till October then they connected to me account service.

If anyone has the account services extension it would be helpful. Account services and Retentions are the ones who can dish out the best deals.