HTC Pre-Order Thread

unccjester

Just thought I'd start my first post and first topic separate from the EVO thread, since that's already over 20 pages long. I actually had to go through quite the process this morning to get mine!

* Call Retentions to get some service / whatever credits - ended up getting up to $80 a line as a one-time thing, so basically a bill cycle for free, after mentioning the T-Mobile $100 for any phone deal. I probably won't see the full credit, since the lines will only be $50 plus tax, but it can't hurt to try and get the rest after one billing cycle. ;)

* Call SERO activations to get my F&F 500 lines upgraded to a SERO-P + $10 ($50 total) plan. It took too long for my blood to complete on sprint.com, so on to the next step...

* Call Telesales > Employee Accounts to order the pair of phones. All in all, it took about 2 hours between being on the phone and waiting for sprint.com to update. Whew...

Only bad part of it all was that my 27% corporate discount has always been on my $30 plans (I assume because they were really F&F mockups of SERO, but it had all the same features), so the lines ended up being less than $23 a month. I'm in for a bit of a reality check, but it's time to make the jump to Android. :)

The guy I was on the phone with said that the phones could ship as early as this week but had no proof of that, so that was probably a load of smoke - but here's to hope! I'm sure going to miss that discount, heheh...

Edited by unccjester
  • Like 1

I pre-ordered through Sprint's website and initially my order status was listed a back ordered. After about an hour it updated with this message:

Thanks for pre-ordering. A shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE is waiting for you in our warehouse. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

so looks like the 18th is a pretty solid date.

• Like 1

It looks to me like they pulled the trigger on the 18th with the LTE Connectivity issue still out there. Probably an OTA will be coming out soon. It may even prompt us to do the OTA at activation.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

It looks to me like they pulled the trigger on the 18th with the LTE Connectivity issue still out there. Probably an OTA will be coming out soon. It may even prompt us to do the OTA at activation.

Personally I am ok with that because I do not have LTE anywhere near me yet so it won't affect me, though I could see many customers in LTE areas being frustrated with that.

Could you shed some light on that?

I recall the article about the June 10 release said that the issue was an undefined process concerning provisioning - at least that was my takeaway.

That would indicate to me that that was having was related to activating the service properly itself (many, me too, have had the provisioning error where you could voice only but no data services until you called and they fiddled around with their computers - I related it to that).

Am I mixed all up (again)?

Makes me a bit nervous. I am having issues with two different galaxy nexus on two different sprint accounts with random data disconnects.

Even after the most recent update, I've had to reprovision my phone twice today.

Hopefully they will get the OTA out asap.

Wish I could pre order but I am flying out on business tomorrow to go the virgin islands so I will wait until I get there to purchase it on release day. This kinda works out for me anyway since I am buying two evolte's and there isn't any sales tax there so I will be saving a few dollars by buying it there.

• Like 2

Could you shed some light on that?

I recall the article about the June 10 release said that the issue was an undefined process concerning provisioning - at least that was my takeaway.

That would indicate to me that that was having was related to activating the service properly itself (many, me too, have had the provisioning error where you could voice only but no data services until you called and they fiddled around with their computers - I related it to that).

Am I mixed all up (again)?

I have written a detailed response after talking with the source, who has agreed to for me to release some documents. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-169-evo-lte-pre-order-under-way-with-ship-dates-as-soon-as-may-15th/

Robert

• Like 2

I have written a detailed response after talking with the source, who has agreed to for me to release some documents. http://s4gru.com/ind...on-as-may-15th/

Robert

Have you seen any reports on the Galaxy Nexus having a similar issue with provisioning?

Starting to wonder if both phones are suffering from the same issue.

Have you seen any reports on the Galaxy Nexus having a similar issue with provisioning?

Starting to wonder if both phones are suffering from the same issue.

No, the same exact page for the Galaxy Nexus makes no references to provisioning issues. And the few confirmed reports we have from members that have used the GNex on Sprint LTE have not had issues either.

Robert

No, the same exact page for the Galaxy Nexus makes no references to provisioning issues. And the few confirmed reports we have from members that have used the GNex on Sprint LTE have not had issues either.

Robert

Ok, glad to hear.

Supposedly, the FD02 update that Sprint pushed out a few days ago was supposed to squash the provisioning issue, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Galaxy Nexus Software Update - IMM76D.L700FD02

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Device not connecting to data services after activation

- Device not displaying correct network time after activation

- Google Wallet Update

In any case, I am glad that they are completely separate issues.

• Like 1

Another heads up:

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/confirmed-htc-evo-4g-lte-launches-51812/

• Like 1

Man, not sure if I want this..or the S3. I still have a couple months to upgrade, so you guys will have to give me the rundown! Sidenote:

I added the EVO LTE to my cart on bestbuy.com, and this is one helluva sale!

Subtotal: $199.99

Our Price: $199.99

Reg Price: $99,999.99

*With 2-year contract extension

Offers

• Like 1

Man, not sure if I want this..or the S3. I still have a couple months to upgrade, so you guys will have to give me the rundown! Sidenote:

You got that phone at 1/500th of its regular price. I'd say one helluva sale too!

*With 2-year contract extension

Offers

It must be there way of saying we won't accept anyone buying phones off contract. :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks. I looked at the user manual there, and I didn't see any mention of a second microphone for noise cancelling purposes. Other previews have said that it does exist (as it does on the One X). I wonder if they didn't include this or if they just don't mention these things in user manuals.

Thanks. I looked at the user manual there, and I didn't see any mention of a second microphone for noise cancelling purposes. Other previews have said that it does exist (as it does on the One X). I wonder if they didn't include this or if they just don't mention these things in user manuals.

It's included - just not mentioned. When Sprint was demoing the HD Voice feature to journalists, they made it a point to also demo the noise canceling feature on the EVO 4G LTE.

• Like 1

May purchase undecided

Just got Galaxy Nexus but thinking of adding another line for Evo LTE

May purchase undecided

Just got Galaxy Nexus but thinking of adding another line for Evo LTE

I am sitting this one out as I want to see how well or how crappy the radio stacks up to be. And also hoping for a phone with a keyboard.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad Cartridge

I am sitting this one out as I want to see how well or how crappy the radio stacks up to be. And also hoping for a phone with a keyboard.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad Cartridge

I am just waiting to see reviews from users and blogs like Engadget before purchasing if the HTC Evo LTE is not as good as it sounds then I will just wait for the Samsung Galaxy S III or iPhone 5

I am just waiting to see reviews from users and blogs like Engadget before purchasing if the HTC Evo LTE is not as good as it sounds then I will just wait for the Samsung Galaxy S III or iPhone 5

Did you not read the htc one x review on engadget? They are in love with the one x and the two main issues with the phone they wish they could have changed was adding a dedicated shutter button and a larger battery(even though it got great marks for battery performance). So guess what the evo lte should get slightly better marks being that it has the two things they wanted on the phone to make it perfect which is a larger battery and dedicated camera button.

• Like 4

Did you not read the htc one x review on engadget? They are in love with the one x and the two main issues with the phone they wish they could have changed was adding a dedicated shutter button and a larger battery(even though it got great marks for battery performance). So guess what the evo lte should get slightly better marks being that it has the two things they wanted on the phone to make it perfect which is a larger battery and dedicated camera button.

+1 I couldn't have said it better. Also, the EVO LTE has added expendable memory (sd card), which is huge in my book.

• Like 3

+1 I couldn't have said it better. Also, the EVO LTE has added expendable memory (sd card), which is huge in my book.

Damn, forgot that part as well, thanks.

• Like 2