Sprint LTE May 2012 Schedule Maps

Me too. I really hope the wait for LTE in the Bay Area won't be as bad as it was for WiMax (still very limited). We're supposedly in round-one and there's not a single sign that it's coming.

I hope the wait isn't bad but mostly I hope the COVERAGE is better. WiMax is a disaster in the South Bay unfortunately, the coverage is so incredibly spotty it's depressing.

You don't say...who would have thought there would be permitting issues in SFO market!

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad Cartridge

LOL, I thought the same thing, especially in SF proper. EIRs and NIMBY neighborhood meetings galore put a real damper on my 4G satisfaction :angry: I have no doubt the same individuals call to complain about bad coverage too.

Edited by Thomas L.

I would like to see an interactive map.... I donated but what makes one a sponsor?

Robert will get you "upgraded" soon. Your name will turn green soon... then you'll have access.

Hi everybody,

New guy here.

I'm very interested in these kind of topics, but I'm just learning.

I've read a lot about the Sprint's Network Vision, but one question keeps me awake at night.

What the hell happens with all the iDEN base stations that Sprint is shutting down? Do they sell them to other iDEN operators around the world? Sell them back to Motorola (for some form of recycling, maybe)? Sell them as garbage?

Hi am new here .

I was wondering is there any way you can post a Picture of the Philadelphia area? am not a Sponsors so i cant access the map to view it..

There is nothing on the May 2012 map for the Philly area.

what's up with this i didn't think they were putting 2.5mhz on NV

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=k_ejv9Ud9Uw

They are only going to maintain the network until 2015. They don't want to just abandon all of the people on their (admittedly joke of a) 4G WiMAX network. Who knows what will happen after 2015, but I'm guessing they'll put LTE on there or just dismantle it. They could also continue the network for Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile, who just announced their 4G WiMAX networks piggybacking off of Sprint's network.

Hey guys,

I am new member to the s4gru site and 1st I would like to commend you guys on having a pleasant site with great information. Now to the question at hand, Is Memphis, TN still on for 2nd round? and if so, any idea when they will actually start? Thanks for the information in advance!

Hey guys' date='

I am new member to the s4gru site and 1st I would like to commend you guys on having a pleasant site with great information. Now to the question at hand, Is Memphis, TN still on for 2nd round? and if so, any idea when they will actually start? Thanks for the information in advance![/quote']

Not only is Memphis in the second round, it is one of the earlier 2nd round markets. We will have an update about the Memphis market in an article posted in The Wall soon.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I wasn't going to ask timing questions related to my market since I'm not a premier sponsor, but since everyone else is doing it I guess I will as well. Any news on when NV will start for West Michigan, more specifically tower DE54XC801???

gmtom1 posted this earlier, but just putting it out there again...any timetable for Honolulu?

2nd this request! (sorry for the self-serving post) Just itchin' for some news about the 808 state.

gmtom1 posted this earlier, but just putting it out there again...any timetable for Honolulu?

2nd this request! (sorry for the self-serving post) Just itchin' for some news about the 808 state.

This is a quote from Robert in another thread;

There is no timelines for any city, per se. Network Vision is rolled out over a whole market, one site at a time. ... <quote snipped>

Robert

The Hawaii market is not in the first two rounds of Network Vision. So it will start some time in 2013.

Robert

• Like 1

Thanks, Robert and Odell. Guess I'll be hanging onto my trusty ol' Evo 4G a little while longer when my contract is up in July. At least I'll have 4G in the meantime until we catch up with everyone.

It figures Hawaii would be bringing up the rear--we've always been given back of the bus treatment by almost all companies.

• Like 1

I think in this case it is just market size. For the most part only Primary WiMax markets are getting NV/LTE in 2012. Secondary markets that already have WiMax have the lowest priority it seems. Places like Las Vegas, Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver...and in your case, Hawaii.

The Austin/Dallas map is in sponsors area. We're looking at July to August here in Leander.

I think in this case it is just market size. For the most part only Primary WiMax markets are getting NV/LTE in 2012. Secondary markets that already have WiMax have the lowest priority it seems. Places like Las Vegas, Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver...and in your case, Hawaii.

That's disappointing to hear, but thanks for the insight. I was kind of hoping Hawaii or Honolulu would be sooner rather than later, since we were one of the first for Wimax under Clear, but I guess that was a completely different company and rollout strategy. Still would have been nice to get it sooner. I guess I'll be signing up for a clear contract-free hotspot to use for the infrequent occasions when I need 4G access. Might consider the new Sprint tri-fi too, since they now offer day/week/month to month plans with it.

• Like 1