Sprint LTE May 2012 Schedule Maps

The map shows that sites will start come live with LTE in the LA Metro market this month. It will be many months for Alcatel/Lucent to be able to complete the market.

Robert

• Like 2

I don't know if I'm missing something but if towers that have been "network visioned" shouldn't they have LTE already or are they making a second trip?

Some of the early sites do not have everything ready to do make 3G and 4G LTE live now. Depending on the reason why, it may require a second trip, and sometimes they don't. However, Sprint and the OEM's decided instead of delaying the start of Network Vision, it was better to get started and re-roll a second time (where required).

Most of the NV sites where 3G is live, but 4G is not, is related to backhaul delays or the 4G cores not being ready. And in some instances, it is site equipment related. Where 4G LTE is going live, but 3G is not, is mostly related to cores not being ready at Switch centers. In cases where 3G/4G cores not ready at DDC's and Switches, re-rolls are not likely required. In cases that are backhaul/site equipment related, another truck roll will be required.

By mid summer, in most places 3G and 4G will go live at each site back to back, as most of these issues will be worked through. This is a much smarter plan then waiting to start NV mid summer.

Robert

• Like 1

Any news for the Worcester, Ma area NV, LTE or both?

NV is under way in the Boston market, which includes Worcester. Some 3G NV sites will be complete this month. 4G sites are scheduled to start coming online in June. However, the market won't complete 100% until Fall.

Robert

NV is under way in the Boston market, which includes Worcester. Some 3G NV sites will be complete this month. 4G sites are scheduled to start coming online in June. However, the market won't complete 100% until Fall.

Robert

Thanks Robert, does that include the surrounding towns from Boston to Worcester, specifically Westboro, Hopkinton, Framingham areas. I am looking for a reason to switch back to Sprint.

Thanks Robert, does that include the surrounding towns from Boston to Worcester, specifically Westboro, Hopkinton, Framingham areas. I am looking for a reason to switch back to Sprint.

Pretty much. NV is not being deployed neighborhood by neighborhood. But rather in a shotgun approach, repeatedly, month after month. So every month one or two towers in your area are upgraded until they are all complete.

Robert

Pretty much. NV is not being deployed neighborhood by neighborhood. But rather in a shotgun approach, repeatedly, month after month. So every month one or two towers in your area are upgraded until they are all complete.

Robert

And that includes 4G as well?

And that includes 4G as well?

After June 1st, yes. All NV sites up to this point have been 3G only, because the 4G cores for the Boston market are not yet up and running.

Robert

After June 1st, yes. All NV sites up to this point have been 3G only, because the 4G cores for the Boston market are not yet up and running.

Robert

Brilliant Robert, thank you.

• Like 1

I viewed http://s4gru.com/ind...sionlte-market/. Any updates on when the area in yellow (NYC and the suburbs) will have LTE for Sprint? I am really interested in getting the EVO LTE at launch but I was wondering when NYC's suburbs would be seeing LTE. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere. I just want to find out to try to make the best decision about whether or not to use my upgrade and stay with Sprint or move over to Virgin pre-paid where they are getting 4G WiMAX at the end of the month to save some money until LTE is rolled out. I don't want to sign a new 2 year contract if I am not going to have LTE for a long time. I asked Sprint when I called but they couldn't give me any answers. My area is highlighted in yellow Northwest of NYC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Edited by DoubleM

I viewed http://s4gru.com/ind...sionlte-market/. Any updates on when the area in yellow (NYC and the suburbs) will have LTE for Sprint? I am really interested in getting the EVO LTE at launch but I was wondering when NYC's suburbs would be seeing LTE. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere. I just want to find out to try to make the best decision about whether or not to use my upgrade and stay with Sprint or move over to Virgin pre-paid where they are getting 4G WiMAX at the end of the month to save some money until LTE is rolled out. I don't want to sign a new 2 year contract if I am not going to have LTE for a long time. I asked Sprint when I called but they couldn't give me any answers. My area is highlighted in yellow Northwest of NYC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

We will be creating a series of market update articles in the next few weeks and will cover the progress in market like New York. But until then, LTE sites are scheduled to start coming live in the NYC market in June.

Robert

• Like 5

Any ideas or updates on when Hawaii will be included? As I recall, Honolulu was one of the first to get WiMax. Does that mean we're more likely to get NV/LTE sooner rather than later?

What month do you think they will get around to doing D.C.?

I realize S4GRU has stated that DC rollout has already started, but does anyone have any idea of the progress? Both 3G and LTE.

Hello,

I'm a newbie to this site. Could you possibly give me an idea when LTE will make its way to the Portland, OR/ SW Washington area? Am I looking at a fall timeline or mid summer? I use WiMax a lot and I want to know if I should hold on to my EVO a little bit longer. Thanks :)

Hello,

I'm a newbie to this site. Could you possibly give me an idea when LTE will make its way to the Portland, OR/ SW Washington area? Am I looking at a fall timeline or mid summer? I use WiMax a lot and I want to know if I should hold on to my EVO a little bit longer. Thanks :)

Here you go.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-81-portland-oregon-is-scheduled-to-be-in-the-second-round-of-sprint-network-visionlte-deployment-in-2012/

I was at work today and looked down at my GNEX and was getting 4G! I ran a speed test and was getting 2929kbps with two bars of reception. Is NV live yet in San Antonio?

Hello, any news on when Orlando looks to receive LTE? I remember seeing mention that we were in round 2. Is that still true?

Orlando is still in Round 2. Work will be starting soon. We will have an update about the Orlando market in a series of articles that will start in the next few days. Stay tuned.

Robert

I was at work today and looked down at my GNEX and was getting 4G! I ran a speed test and was getting 2929kbps with two bars of reception. Is NV live yet in San Antonio?

There are 26 LTE sites on-air in the San Antonio market as of yesterday morning. However, Sprint is blocking access to them. Occasionally, there is a site here and there that is mistakenly not being blocked. You must have found one. S4GRU Sponsors have access to the NV Sites Complete Map that will show you every active NV site in the country.

Robert

• Like 1

I had no luck when I was there over the weekend...although I was mostly in the Riverwalk area. We were by a few towers away from there, but no luck in those spots either.

I had no luck when I was there over the weekend...although I was mostly in the Riverwalk area. We were by a few towers away from there, but no luck in those spots either.

I was on the southwest side of the airport when I picked up 4G. I'm going to try it again tomorrow and see if it was just a temporary thing or if It's still working.

Rick

I am new. Couldn't find how to be a sponsor to see the map. Could someone tell me anything about Decatur or Huntsville. AL. I think all of AL is listed as Alabama(market wise) or Birmingham.

I'm not eligible for a device upgrade until December, but as a matter of pride, I'm disappointed that LA will get LTE before the Bay Area. C'mon Samsung, get your act together!

I am new. Couldn't find how to be a sponsor to see the map. Could someone tell me anything about Decatur or Huntsville. AL. I think all of AL is listed as Alabama(market wise) or Birmingham.

Welcome to S4GRU! :welcome:

Yes, Huntsville/Madison/Decatur are in the Alabama market: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/gallery/image/232-sprint-market-map-alabama/

You can become a Sponsor by making a donation to our PayPal account to help cover our expenses here at S4GRU. To become a Sponsor, click on The Forums tab at the top of any S4GRU page. Once the Forums page loads, there is a donation section in the upper right hand corner. Click on the donate button and follow the PayPal prompts.

However, the Alabama market is not in the first two rounds of Network Vision.

Robert