Dropped Calls in Akron / Cleveland Market

blemas

I have been experiencing an increased number of dropped calls over the past week or so. My market is mentioned as one of the legacy markets that may have the tower to tower handoff issue like Chicago so I am wondering if this is a good sign that maybe they are beginning the upgrade process? If so, I say bring on the dropped calls!

Great site BTW!

Brian

• Like 3

I have been experiencing an increased number of dropped calls over the past week or so. My market is mentioned as one of the legacy markets that may have the tower to tower handoff issue like Chicago so I am wondering if this is a good sign that maybe they are beginning the upgrade process? If so, I say bring on the dropped calls!

Great site BTW!

Brian

HAHA! Well Said!

The Cleveland market shouldn't see Network Vision upgrades until late Q4 of 2012 through Q1 of 2013 to my knowledge. Robert may have more info on this. I haven't seen any dropped calls, but I don't usually make too many calls.

Great site BTW!

Brian

LOL, so I guess you are the "glass is half full" type of person.

LOL' date=' so I guess you are the "glass is half full" type of person.[/quote']

Optimism is what keeps people going. At least it does me.

Sent from my Joshs EVO Shift using Forum Runner

LOL, so I guess you are the "glass is half full" type of person.

Yep! Its either that or get really frustrated with being cut off in the midle of the conversation. The worst part is that it happened while talking to my cousin who lives in Dayton. You see, he has an Iphone on AT&T and always has signal problems because his coverage is terrible. SInce I always bust on him about it, he is now getting even with me!

I know what will make me forget about the dropped calls......pre-ordering the new EVO tomorrow

The Cleveland market shouldn't see Network Vision upgrades until late Q4 of 2012 through Q1 of 2013 to my knowledge. Robert may have more info on this. I haven't seen any dropped calls, but I don't usually make too many calls.

C'mon....lie to me. Tell me we've been bumped up on the schedule!

• 2 weeks later...

Great site BTW!

Brian

Great site BTW!

Brian

Definitely have seen a huge increase in dropped calls. I have gone from none since I started with sprint 11 years ago, until the past month dropping calls nearly every day! My daily travels bring me from North Ridgeville to Beachwood to Middleburg Hts, etc. I have been dropping calls all over the place.. It started when I got my Galaxy Nexus, so that it where I thought the problem lied.. returned it and preordered an Evo 4GLTE, but I continue to drop calls on the Sprint PixiPlus I've been carrying for the past week.

Nice someone else from North Ridgeville. 3G is hell here unless you live at a higher elevation it seems. I haven't noticed any dropped calls though. I have had issues with 3G hand off when crossing city boarders from North Ridgeville to Westlake and Elyria.

I work in Independence and live on the southeast side of town. My old phone (an Epic 4g) worked great in these areas especially in 3G but I am highly dissapointed with the Galaxy Nexus on 3G. At work - I am on the top floor of the building - I get great reception, all the bars, but anywhere else (home, driving around town) the 3G connection is crap. I have had the update Sprint released applied to the phone but it still sucks.

So I am hoping we get bumped up to 4G LTE soon and they are updating the towers - maybe that is why I can't connect to 3G like I used to.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been getting horrible 3g speeds (used to be pretty damn good), wish they would throttle after someone crosses something rediculous like the 50GB marker.... As for dropped calls I'm in akron and i get a few right at the corner Delia and Hawkins regularly... This is on an Evo 3d soon to be Evo 4G LTE.