Samsung Galaxy S III Launch event

Odell

^^

Yes, the removable battery will probably be attractive to some. But, damn, they are still using a PenTile screen?

That is so disappointing. I love the screen on my gnex but the pentile layout does bother me when it comes to viewing certain content but all in all its still a great display. I was fortunate to play with a one x today and I literally couldn't believe how beautiful the screen is, its definitely no contest when it comes to screen tech but the gnex definitely wins when it comes to black levels.

• Like 1

I'm not swayed at all. I bet it still feels plasticky, and I don't want to talk to my phone. And, having your phone watch you watch it is kinda creepy. Who else could be watching through that camera?

The one thing I wanted definite confirmation on was the American bound LTE processor? Is this quad core LTE capable, or are they going with the S4 like so many rumors have said. Did anyone else see this answered definitively? Maybe I missed it?

Robert

The one thing I wanted definite confirmation on was the American bound LTE processor? Is this quad core LTE capable, or are they going with the S4 like so many rumors have said. Did anyone else see this answered definitively? Maybe I missed it?

Robert

No you didn't miss it, But they did say more information would be revealed in North American events.

Sounded like they didn't want to add a negitive vibe to there big reveal, and are waiting for a US event to give us the news

Robert

I didn't see anything announced

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

I really don't care about benchmarks but engadget managed to run a few in comparison to the one x, one s, and note

http://www.engadget....iii-benchmarks/

Few more from gsmarena.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_flexes_muscles_on_benchmarks-news-4201.php

• Like 1

Brian Klug from AnandTech is in London for the Samsung launch event. He always runs extensive benchmarks:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5810/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-performance-preview

AJ

• Like 2

Brian Klug from AnandTech is in London for the Samsung launch event. He always runs extensive benchmarks:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5810/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-performance-preview

AJ

From the above review

Initial reactions to the Galaxy S III announcement seemed almost disappointing, however stay tuned for our hands on impressions of the device as well as even more depth/detail on the hardware platform - you may be surprised.

I told you, the Gadget Wood is rarely wrong. You may be surprised but as for me and my wood...we know...

I told you, the Gadget Wood is rarely wrong. You may be surprised but as for me and my wood...we know...

Is this "gadget wood" like a technology divining rod?

33ubtsg.jpg

AJ

That's probably accurate. Just with more wood, less drooling. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

http://www.anandtech...ormance-preview

AJ

Looks good on paper! However, these might not mean anything to us if the US (LTE) variations end up with a different chip. (i.e. if the Exynos quad-core does not support LTE).

At this rate, in two years, we'll be walking around with 7 inch phones. I can't wait until 4-4.3 inch phones are back in style. I want a high end phone that isn't huge and isn't an iphone.

I was really surprised when the nexus came out on Sprint without the 8960 chip. I thought that back in november at the botched investor conference Sprint said that qualcomm would be the only way to go. Does anyone else remember that being said?

That being said I expect that the Qualcomm chip will be in the sg3 for sprint.

At this rate, in two years, we'll be walking around with 7 inch phones. I can't wait until 4-4.3 inch phones are back in style. I want a high end phone that isn't huge and isn't an iphone.

Yep. My wife and daughter want new phones. But all the new ones are too large for women pockets.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Yep. My wife and daughter want new phones. But all the new ones are too large for women pockets.

I don't think its a man-women thing. Bigger phone does not = more manly. I'm 5'11, 200 lbs. I stream music on runs and bike rides and it would be a pain with a phone that big. Seriously thinking of skipping my upgrade and getting a nexus s 4g on craigslist for ice cream sandwich.

Oh I didnt mean for it to come off as a manly thing. Just that its easier for me to carry a large phone in a pocket.

My wife and daughter dont want to have to carry a purse 100% of the time just to have thier phone with them.

And the orignal evo is about as large as my daughters pockets get.

IM sooooo glad the GS3 will come with a curved screen!

Definitely something I wanted !

Samsung has yet to let me down on any product they make!

I do have quite a good collection!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Looks good on paper! However, these might not mean anything to us if the US (LTE) variations end up with a different chip. (i.e. if the Exynos quad-core does not support LTE).

WEAK.....the fact that they went with the pentile screen instead of the plus is a huge mistake imho....coulda hit a homerun here with the amoled hd plus instead of the same nexus screen type basically...

galaxy-s-iii-microscope-one-x.jpg

And from the Nexus...notice FASTBOOT in the image...

http://dl.dropbox.co...00/IMAG0203.jpg

Would of liked to see them attack HTC's camera claims some and upgrade theirs too, but the only thing they hit on seems to be software related with the camera...

• Like 2