Network Vision/LTE - South Texas Market (Corpus Christi/Laredo/Rio Grande Valley)

bluemustangjosh

The one on pan am isnt on im at pan am every day and not one 4g signal and not saying this in a mean way (its more of a sad way) but all of Edinburg and theyve only worked on two towers since last year when they announced our area:/

When it shows in progress, you may see some work being done to them like adding new panels, cabinets and cabling. The Pan Am tower location appears to be on one of the buildings on campus possibly the administration building. Unfortunately, I have been monitoring it and most of the McAllen Edinburg and Mission area is taking a lot longer than I thought it would take.

Now ive got 4g lte since I exited 281 on canton. From there all the way down to tower I got 4g lte. You cant use it though im guessing its still in the early stages and my sister said she had 4g at EHS so any where close by people are getting lucky! Oh btw I got the app jared said and the lte is at -110

I got LTE on Shary Road from Cimarron to Sharyland High School, and on Taylor Road from Victoria Drive to Bus. 83! Glad to see LTE in the Mission Area! :D

What speeds are you getting? Just started getting really bad voice service at my home near buddy owens and bentsen. Could it be the nearest tower is finally getting 4g? Can't get a decent music stream on way to work》:[

I was getting these speeds at Sharyland High School.

Ping: 100

Download: 4.03 Mbps

Upload: 0.26 Mbps

In Sharyland Plantation heading south to Military Hwy.

Ping: 104

Download: 13.26 Mbps

Upload: 2.55 Mbps

If your by HEB in Shary Road, you should get 4 bars with LTE signal. Haven't done a speed test though.

They're probably working by your nearest tower. Because of this, it might cause some disruption with the service. (Internet, voice calls, etc.)

• Like 1

Ok just curious... in edinburg where I do get 4g I only have it for a couple of seconds and then when I try using it it goes back to 3g. I dont know if this is cause they are not fully done upgrading the towers or cause of something else... I know signal wont be as strong cause we are close to the border but I dont think that might be a reason why. Im hoping in the future once they are done ill never be back to 3g again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It is night and day to how it was this time last year. Although there are some areas like in McAllen (10th and Dove) that do not have LTE at all. Then we have areas that never got off the ground (Palmview). The Palmview area shows LTE when driving on Exp 83 (I2) but data is unusable.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've started getting Band 41 showing up in the Edinburg area around UT-Pan American.  Also in the McAllen are around South Texas College.  Anyone else seen anything?

I havent tested it in Edinburg but I have picked up B41 on old 83 and parts of 10th street in McAllen.

• Like 1