did anybody see improved and upgraded 3g speeds as of lately

This after some data upgrades in Toledo,OH 3 differ towers. They are adding alot of band aid fixes !!

shot000001v.jpg

I envy you, your area etc... lol. Those look like NV speeds but it's far to early for that. At least I think it is... I'm not sure if Toledo is in the Cleveland market or not. If so it's definitely to early.

I envy you, your area etc... lol. Those look like NV speeds but it's far to early for that. At least I think it is... I'm not sure if Toledo is in the Cleveland market or not. If so it's definitely to early.

No, they aren't NV speeds yet. They are regular data speeds that should have been if Sprint hadn't let their network slip into disrepair.

I'm in NE Indiana, old iPCS territory. Ever since I've been with Sprint, it's always been 1x data around here.

As of this afternoon, I now have 3G. I'm trying to determine whether this was a full NV upgrade or what. But I'm so excited.

Screenshot_2012-05-01-16-22-29.jpg

That may be 3G but it only looks like EvDO rev. 0 check under status for the EvDO revision.

No, they aren't NV speeds yet. They are regular data speeds that should have been if Sprint hadn't let their network slip into disrepair.

I was mainly surprised at the latency, here it's 150ms or higher but recently on some towers it's as low as 130ms. So I guess it's slightly improved back haul and possibly more EvDO Carriers added to the base station.

I'm not sure if NV related. My speeds in Milwaukee since May 5th have been as high as 1.2m down. Never seen speeds that fast on 3G. Its pretty consistent, 800k-1000. Pings around 220ms-280ms.

I was mainly surprised at the latency' date=' here it's 150ms or higher but recently on some towers it's as low as 130ms. So I guess it's slightly improved back haul and possibly more EvDO Carriers added to the base station.[/quote']

Yes. I even sometimes get pings as low as 130ms. But in the areas I'm at, my speeds don't even hit 1.5 down with the band aid fixes, so he's lucky there in OH. (My highest at home in Nevada was 1.1 down.)

Sent from my Joshs EVO Shift using Forum Runner

Toledo is a different market than Cleveland. The speeds around town vary. But NV wont come soon...so sad And to boot, there is 2 Wimax towers in the city. :angry:

Yes. I even sometimes get pings as low as 130ms. But in the areas I'm at, my speeds don't even hit 1.5 down with the band aid fixes, so he's lucky there in OH. (My highest at home in Nevada was 1.1 down.)

Sent from my Joshs EVO Shift using Forum Runner

I've gotten 2Mbit/s down on Pre-NV towers.

Cleveland and Toledo are separate Sprint markets. Network Vision has not started in either of these markets. Cleveland will come first, but probably not until the very end of 2012 or early 2013 start. Toledo will not start until 2013. Some backhaul work will begin in Cleveland by late summer or early fall in advance of NV.

There are no "NV" speeds, per se. The 3G speed increase that will happen after Network Vision is because there will be more ample backhaul to serve 3G customers at each site. There are many pre-NV sites with sufficient backhaul for existing demand. In these cases, NV will not improve speeds.

Robert

That may be 3G but it only looks like EvDO rev. 0 check under status for the EvDO revision.

It is highly unlikely that it is Revision 0. This is a new EVDO deployment. Sprint has not deployed EVDO-0 carriers in many years.

Robert

I was mainly surprised at the latency, here it's 150ms or higher but recently on some towers it's as low as 130ms. So I guess it's slightly improved back haul and possibly more EvDO Carriers added to the base station.

With EVDO, I see a huge variability in latency. I have seen pings as low as 75ms on EVDO at sites with AAV backhaul. And I have seen it as high 400ms on sites that are still functioning at full speed. Backhaul is the biggest determination of the latency on a EVDO connection. Although the core back at the switch location can impact the latency as well, should it become overloaded

Robert

I'm not sure if NV related. My speeds in Milwaukee since May 5th have been as high as 1.2m down. Never seen speeds that fast on 3G. Its pretty consistent, 800k-1000. Pings around 220ms-280ms.

It is not NV related. Network Vision will not start in Milwaukee until Winter at the earliest. There will be some backhaul work in advance, but the new backhaul will not be connected to legacy services. At least that is the plan now.

Robert

I've gotten 2Mbit/s down on Pre-NV towers.

Absolutely. Sites with AAV backhaul can have 3G EVDO speeds up to 2.6Mbps. However, Sprint only started deploying some sites with AAV backhaul since roughly 2009. Virtually none of the EVDO sites before 2009 have AAV. Sites with T1 backhaul max out around 1.4Mbps.

Robert

EvDO Rev. 0 won't surpass 0.16mbit/s upload that's why I assumed it was Rev. 0 as all 3 tests have the same upload speed.

I'm assuming with network vision sprint will have more carriers deployed (and actually use their spectrum) so you'll see better speeds even at peak time because the users will be spread across many carriers instead of just one or two. Improved back haul will help out greatly but it doesn't help if you have 100 phones using data on two carriers at peak time (to my understand there is at max 3.1Mbit/s per carrier and that's shared between the connected users.). Beyond that they would have to improve cell density if spectrum becomes constrained.

Please correct my if my assumptions are wrong.

EvDO Rev. 0 won't surpass 0.16mbit/s upload that's why I assumed it was Rev. 0 as all 3 tests have the same upload speed.

I'm assuming with network vision sprint will have more carriers deployed (and actually use their spectrum) so you'll see better speeds even at peak time because the users will be spread across many carriers instead of just one or two. Improved back haul will help out greatly but it doesn't help if you have 100 phones using data on two carriers at peak time (to my understand there is at max 3.1Mbit/s per carrier and that's shared between the connected users.). Beyond that they would have to improve cell density if spectrum becomes constrained.

Please correct my if my assumptions are wrong.

You are correct about the limitations of upload speeds on EVDO-0. So I see why you made the assumption. But I often get 160kbps upload speeds (and even lower) on my EVDO-A connection at my home, even with upload speeds over 1Mbps. Strange phenomenon. And when it happens, the MAC Index is still low. I've often wondered if it is a specific user hogging all the upload bandwith in my sector, or related to backhaul.

When it comes to more EVDO carriers, that is occurring in some places. However, it is not a uniform deal across the board. Sprint is reserving some PCS space for additional 5x5 LTE carriers (and sometimes 3x3), where there is enough PCS spectrum remaining in a market to do that.

Sprint has prepared a database that shows existing EVDO demand, and projected EVDO demand for the next 4 years at all 38,000 sites. So when Network Vision arrives, they are adding EVDO carriers for existing demand and demand for the next two years, at most sites, so long as they have the spectrum to add the carriers. If it is a capacity constrained market, or if the spectrum is being reserved for LTE additional capacity, then additional EVDO carriers might not be added.

Also, 3.1Mbps is the maximum theoretical speed. The maximum real speed possible on the Sprint network is 2.6Mbps.

Robert

I did a speed test on my way to work. This is the highest I've ever seen on sprint b8e314e2-bdfe-fb96.jpg if only I lived in that area :-(

Sent From My Evo 4G Amped Up On Verizon Tower Power!

• Like 2

Here is right after work off 41 and stern school road Btw the bottom three are on 4G... It has took a huge dive from what it use to be(3-4mbps)a few days ago same exact spot :(b8e314e2-f881-7cb9.jpg

Sent From My Evo 4G Amped Up On Verizon Tower Power!

Edited by 92EG8

I was at KSDL flying most the day (Scottsdale, AZ); I ran several speed tests from the airport and around the Scottsdale area.. the 3G "band-aid" fixes seem to have made a pretty big difference... I was consistently getting over 1.2Mbps down and about 1Mbps up throughout the day.

• Like 2

It's Rev A.

Those tests were done on the first day I noticed 3G was popping up, it was off and on for a few days after that.

7 tests done over the past 3 days have averaged 1.85Mbps down, .62Mbps up and latency of 142ms.

Coming from 15-20kbps down, 140-200kbps up and latency of close to a full second, I can 100% say that I've seen improved data speeds. I've also had 0 dropped calls since this has taken place, where I would normally have 1-2 a day.

• Like 1

It's Rev A.

Those tests were done on the first day I noticed 3G was popping up, it was off and on for a few days after that.

7 tests done over the past 3 days have averaged 1.85Mbps down, .62Mbps up and latency of 142ms.

Coming from 15-20kbps down, 140-200kbps up and latency of close to a full second, I can 100% say that I've seen improved data speeds. I've also had 0 dropped calls since this has taken place, where I would normally have 1-2 a day.

Nice hopefully speeds stay like that.

So its been a while since I have posted on here but I figure I would update on my speeds in my little rural town, Avon, NY. I had called and told them of speeds being between .0-.2 and calls not making through in late February and was resolved in early March...here is an update on how the bandaid fixes are working here

Best spot of my house .95 - 1.25:

0311b809.jpg

My room (.5 - .75):

a7290ac3.jpg

Worst spot in house (.2 - .4):

852b84d5.jpg

The general range of speeds here:

c4227718.jpg

I hope Sprint keeps this up...I like having the ability to watch YouTube videos on the go...my speeds here fell around November and went to nothing...but band aid fixes have helped...can't wait until LTE....hopefully its sometime next year...maybe....also Buffalo, NY....hopefully they are within the next year....

Sent from my awesome iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

ive seen speeds increase in 3g from what it use to be for me but it's just when peak time comes around then my speeds drops so that is usaully when the middle schoolers and high schoolers get out of school