Cyanogen Mod 9 (ICS) is coming soon to the Epic 4G Touch

pyroscott

I'm ready for this update. I'm moving over this time when you post the link. Thanks!!

Posted via Forum Runner

if you can deal with no usb mass storage(sd card still mounts and is detected), no video recording and no apps2sd... then i have a build for you :)

• Like 1

if you can deal with no usb mass storage(sd card still mounts and is detected), no video recording and no apps2sd... then i have a build for you :)

I can live without those features. I rarely use USB Mass storage anyway, and I can't remember the last time I used video. Is it flashed through CWM Recovery? And can you flash back, if necessary?

I have to have USB Mass Storage since the SD card slot in my computer isn't working anymore, and I don't have the money for an external card reader at this time.

DO NOT REPOST THIS ON XDA/RootzWiki.

if you follow my directions exactly you can go back.. etc.. and be safe. anyone that does not risks hurting their phone. nothing tricky here.. just READ ;)

1. backup phone... titanium.. nandroid.. whatever. dont HAVE to.. but why not..

2. download CM9: http://tinyw.in/Cm3v and place on your EXTERNAL sd card.

3. download gapps zip http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-ics-20120304-signed.zip and place on sd card.

4. reboot phone into Download Mode(power off.. hold vol dwn + power.. at new menu press vol up.. you are now in d/l mode)

5. once in download mode open odin/heimdall and flash EL26 kernel http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55033705/StockCWM-EL26.tar.md5

(tar.md5 file goes in the odin "pda" slot.)

6. after flashing el26 kernel... boot into recovery...

7. in recovery.. select flash zip from sd card... and select the CM9 zip. flash that. now flash the gapps zip. now wipe data/cache. now reboot.

8. enjoy.

TO BE 100% SAFE.. AFTER FLASHING CM9 DO NOTTTT USE THE BUILT IN ROGUE RECOVERY. There have been random issues with people when using ICS recovery... to be 100% SAFE.. just dont use it for now.

IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE CM9 TO GO BACK TO GB... YOU SHOULD USE ODIN TO REFLASH THE EL26 KERNEL AND NOT THE BUILT IN ROGUE RECOVERY.

It may seem like a lot of steps.. im just being 100% exact on every detail. take it step by step and there will be a 100% success rate.

I see no reason why this can't be a daily driver for most of you.

• Like 1

I see no reason why this can't be a daily driver for most of you.

Sounds like it can be a daily driver for me. One last question. Next CM9 update, can it flash right over existing using the Rogue Recovery?

Sounds like it can be a daily driver for me. One last question. Next CM9 update, can it flash right over existing using the Rogue Recovery?

to be 100% safe i would honestly odin el26 again.. then flash then new update overtop everything(no need to wipe anything but cache/dalvik). for now it may seem annoying.. but its for the best.. keeping your device brick free. when there is any change on that front.. i will update you. otherwise.. anytime u want to use recovery.. i would odin el26.

another note.. u may see some serious battery drain after your first flash and a few hours after.. if its syncing etc. after a bit and all is sync'd.. battery life seems pretty awesome.

• Like 1

to be 100% safe i would honestly odin el26 again.. then flash then new update overtop everything(no need to wipe anything but cache/dalvik). for now it may seem annoying.. but its for the best.. keeping your device brick free. when there is any change on that front.. i will update you. otherwise.. anytime u want to use recovery.. i would odin el26.

another note.. u may see some serious battery drain after your first flash and a few hours after.. if its syncing etc. after a bit and all is sync'd.. battery life seems pretty awesome.

This is great. I appreciate your guidance here. I don't think I want to commit another few hours to another project this late at night. But I think I am going to do this tomorrow evening. Thanks!!!

- Robert

This is great. I appreciate your guidance here. I don't think I want to commit another few hours to another project this late at night. But I think I am going to do this tomorrow evening. Thanks!!!

- Robert

keep me posted if you have any questions. may even have a newer build for you tomorrow.. we'll see ;)

• Like 1