Athens, GA LTE

danielholt

This must be something sprint injected in the aosp code for effected phone on ics because its not present in cm9 on my nexus s 4g. My nexus s 4g accepts my msl and its on 4.0.4. That could be a big problem. Maybe today's supposedly update for the sprint galaxy nexus fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2Edited...

Edited by david279

This must be something sprint injected in the aosp code for effected phone on ics because its not present in cm9 on my nexus s 4g. My nexus s 4g accepts my msl and its on 4.0.4. That could be a big problem. Maybe today's supposedly update for the sprint galaxy nexus fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2Edited...

Yeah. I live on my DEBUG screen!!! I'm going through withdrawals.

Robert

Yes, Sprint doesn't know what it is. They insist using the MSL #, which doesn't work.

Yes. Nothing comes up as the Lock Code. Me and hundreds of other hackers have tried every conceivable code there is all to no avail. At least, so far. :(

Robert

Try just typing "getprop" without the "RIL.MSL" then scroll for a five digit number.

Root is required for me as I use Roam control too much and several other root only apps.

+1 for roam control not to mention titanium backup is a must as well as wifitether. Root is a must for me as well.

I found some dialer codes for the GSM version

Galaxy Nexus - GSM/UMTS Dialer Codes

All dialer codes are prefixed by *#*# and end in #*#*

By: @nerdtalker

Calendar Debug Receiver - 225

Email Broadcast Receiver - 36245

RlzDebugBroadcast - 759

Checkin - 2432546

Reboot - 947322243

System Update Service - 46

Gtalk Diagnostics - 8255

TestingSettings - 4636

Enable - 8351

Disable - 8350

LTE Galaxy Nexus Specific (in addition to above)

RTN_View - 786

PhoneDataService - 66236 (OMADM?)

http://pastebin.com/jf5ZaDhN

Don't know if any of those would help or if they work on Sprint's version.

• Like 1

Just curious, with LTE active, have you noticed any significant battery drain? I know LTE is supposed to run off Sprint's 1900Mhz spectrum, so theoretically there shouldn't be since it doesn't require the activation of a separate antenna like WiMax, but I'd like to hear it first hand...

Just curious, with LTE active, have you noticed any significant battery drain? I know LTE is supposed to run off Sprint's 1900Mhz spectrum, so theoretically there shouldn't be since it doesn't require the activation of a separate antenna like WiMax, but I'd like to hear it first hand...

I don't think that it has that much to do with activating another antenna. If the phone is searching for LTE connection, or searching for a stronger connection, it will use battery, regardless of the antenna used. 1x and EV-DO are both on 1900mhz now and even if the phone is connected to 1x, it burns through the battery looking for EV-DO and stronger connections of 1x.

I live near Athens, GA and am there quite often. I am excited about the 4G LTE towers that Sprint has put up and am looking forward to fast speeds once it is turned on.

Mav. B)

Per this map, there is a tower practically sitting right on top of my house. :D

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/884-sprint-lte-coverage-map-athens-georgia-area/

Edited by VW Maverick
  • Like 2

Robert' date=' can you tell me if AT70XC192 is on the 30 day list to be converted to LTE in Athens? It's literally in my backyard...[/quote']

I'm in the car at a stoplight at the moment. :)

When I get to the office later today I will check.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

I'm in the car at a stoplight at the moment. :)

When I get to the office later today I will check.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Hey man, no txt'ing and drv'ing..... WATCH OUT FOR THAT POLE!!!!!

• Like 1

Robert, can you tell me if AT70XC192 is on the 30 day list to be converted to LTE in Athens? It's literally in my backyard...

No. Work to start in July and 4G On-Air date in August for that site.

Robert

well im happy to report AT04XC506 is still dishing out LTE ;-)

It would be AWESOME if you could speedtest using the sprint speedtest server in atlanta.

I bet that would get the absolute fastest speeds possible.

www.sprint.com/speedtest

edit: if you haven't installed adobe flash from the google play store, you won't be able to run the test

it didn't, i moved on to another server.

Interesting. You would think Sprint would offer the fastest speeds. Thanks for the info. What were the speeds like on the sprint.com/speedtest site?

was in atlanta all day yesterday all over east side, and stone mountain area... not a single tick of LTE.

Yeah, visited a few areas around the city and nothing yet. There towers close to my house as well and nothing yet either.