Jump to content

Streaming throttling fix?


iansltx
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, I've now gone to a legacy Sprint store and talked with various agents on chat, and I keep getting redirected to scripts, with folks throwing solutions at the wall that I know won't work.

I have the Sprint Unlimited Plus business plan, which includes 1080p streaming (8 Mbps throttle). But since going TNX I've been throttled to 2.5 Mbps or less for video.

Who do I contact and how do I ask them to fix this? 'cuz it sounds like someone has gotten this fixed before?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the other plans have been throttled, like the ED1500.  Fixes ultimately came, but it took several years iirc.  I moved on to the Sprint Max.  One of my hopes was I would get the billing transition sooner. Nope. 

Wonder if they are going after the static IP.  Likely work around is VPN, especially with a smaller more obscure service.  Rumor has been T-Mobile would start transitioning Sprint Billing customers in earnest next quarter  -- wait, isn't that always the promise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, iansltx said:

So, I've now gone to a legacy Sprint store and talked with various agents on chat, and I keep getting redirected to scripts, with folks throwing solutions at the wall that I know won't work.

I have the Sprint Unlimited Plus business plan, which includes 1080p streaming (8 Mbps throttle). But since going TNX I've been throttled to 2.5 Mbps or less for video.

Who do I contact and how do I ask them to fix this? 'cuz it sounds like someone has gotten this fixed before?

I had T-Mobile contacts I hammered for months over this before they finally fixed all the consumer plans on Sprint billing. Unfortunately as far as executive support is aware, there are no more remaining streaming throttle issues. When you get moved to T-Mobile billing this will likely take care of itself, otherwise even if you try to push the issue it's likely to take many months of consistent pushing to get anything fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • What devices should do, and what they actually do, are two very different things! As you've probably heard me mention countless times, many of those screens get information in a proprietary manner directly from the modem; apps like SignalCheck can only get what the OS is reporting. I did find your earlier reports, and as I guessed, the OS was reporting valid signal strength. I will try to figure out a solution.
    • Service mode shows the SIM as having no service, so I would think the device should report that. I believe I sent a diagnostic report a little while back—can you check to see if you have it?
    • Interesting, that doesn't happen on my P7. Can you send me a diagnostic report the next time you see that please? Hopefully the phone isn't actually reporting the -115, that will be tricky.
    • Hey Mike—another dual SIM bug. If one SIM loses service, it doesn’t disappear from the app.  I’ve seen this a couple times—my Dish SIM will lose service (confirmed in service mode), but SCP won’t stop displaying -115 or so. And it logs a data point at that signal every time the location updates.  Along the same lines, I have a custom trigger set up for 313340 (Dish), and the custom trigger keeps firing when this is happening. 
    • TLDR: not really 😂 With dual SIM, initially I was struggling to keep the info from each SIM separate but updating properly. I figured out how to get each to update without negatively impacting the other SIM's process.. which caused those processes to run on separate threads. On some devices (notably your e5 Play), the OS doesn't like the separate threads updating the UI. But it was only a very small subset of devices. And at first, the crash reports gave the correct crash reason but it was pointing to unrelated parts of the code. Once I cleaned up some other bugs, the crash reports pointed me directly to what I needed.
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...