Abyss19707

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE

Still no update rolled out to my phone yet. :(

Still no update rolled out to my phone yet. :(

I was reading on AC, that it'll be pushed out to everyone on he 6th.

• Like 1

People started receiving the JB OTA yesterday.. but really CyanogenMod 10.1 is where it's at. Superfast, stable, bloatware-free and a bajillion poaaible customizations. If you've never run CM I suggest giving it a go. Check xda for the most recent builds.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

It just popped up on my phone, installing now :D

• Like 1

Been running the oficial JB 4.1.2 for a few weeks on my PQ, and the only actual problem I've encountered is in trying to log Bug Reports. It's built in to the Dev Options now, but I sure as heck can't figure out where it hides the files it makes. <_< Other than that, this has been the least problematical major upgrade I've run into. :D

I've had issues with the display brightness resetting to lowest slider setting randomly on it (I was in the soak as well). Its not a downright major issue, but it happens *just* often enough to get annoying at times.

Been running the oficial JB 4.1.2 for a few weeks on my PQ, and the only actual problem I've encountered is in trying to log Bug Reports. It's built in to the Dev Options now, but I sure as heck can't figure out where it hides the files it makes. <_< Other than that, this has been the least problematical major upgrade I've run into. :D

Awesome. Still waiting for my update.

Received update today. :)

My wife and I recently spent the weekend in a pretty decent 4G (LTE) area, and while my LTEvo was rockin' it the whole time my wife's Photon Q would completely lose its connection. I had to either toggle airplane mode or reboot the phone to get it to find a signal again. Even if we left the area and fell into good ol' 3G it would not respond unless I did that.

Of course, she thinks I have the magic touch and tech simply will not work for her unless I'm around. wink.gif

She does have the latest update. However, I did not reset the phone. I didn't feel like doing all the work, and I don't want to hear about, "Where's all my stuff?"

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it something that can be remedied short of a hard reset?

. . . my wife's Photon Q would completely lose its connection. I had to either toggle airplane mode or reboot the phone to get it to find a signal again. Even if we left the area and fell into good ol' 3G it would not respond unless I did that . . . Is it something that can be remedied short of a hard reset?

My wife and I each have a Photon Q and we are having no issues (except with Sensorly). Try ##72786# on the dialpad -- it resets and reprovisions without affecting setup or data.

• Like 1

OK, we were in another VERY strong LTE area tonight during my son's baseball game.  Her Photon lost the signal immediately when we hit 4G. I toggled Airplane mode and it came back (Like 27MB/s). Once the phone went to sleep it was all gone, just like before.  After that happened, I did the re-provisioning, and it did come back, but I didn't check it after it went to sleep.  So, I'll now watch it for a while (we're heading out of town for a week). I'll report my findings after we get back, assuming hit another 4G area along the way.

• Like 1

Well, I finally got a chance to check the wife's Photon Q in LTE.  Once again. it was not connected, and I had to toggle airplane mode to get it to work. Once it did connect, it was blazing fast!  I guess I'm going to have to take it in and have a tech check it out....

Stay tuned!

• Like 1

i have a photon q and have no problems at all

• Like 1