Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE

Abyss19707

A Sprint Razr Maxx HD with LTE and a dedicated PTT button. Yeah, I'd be all over that

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

That would be amazing

I think it would be amazing too!

• Like 1

Looks like the Motorola Photon Q has hit the FCC with Model XT897.

http://www.engadget....oton-q-lte-fcc/

FCC Link

https://fjallfoss.fc...%27IHDT56NL2%27

Please please please have a keyboard! How hard is it to get sprint to unlock the world phone capabilities for international travel so I can put a SIM in it?

• Like 1

A couple interesting tidbits:

This device is a Band 25 LTE transceiver, operating between 1850 and 1915 MHz, with

channels of up to 10 MHz in bandwidth.

So apparently it can do 10x10 LTE unlike the GSIII, though that will likely be irrelevant for the immediate future.

This device also contains functions, and operates within

frequency bands, that are not authorized within the United

States or its territories.

And how nice, it looks like this will be a true successor to the Photon with world phone capabilities and all. :tu:

• Like 1

Please please please have a keyboard! How hard is it to get sprint to unlock the world phone capabilities for international travel so I can put a SIM in it?

Outside of the iPhone, I thought that Sprint world phones came SIM unlocked for international use.

A couple interesting tidbits:

This device is a Band 25 LTE transceiver, operating between 1850 and 1915 MHz, with

channels of up to 10 MHz in bandwidth.

So apparently it can do 10x10 LTE unlike the GSIII, though that will likely be irrelevant for the immediate future.

I still don't understand why the SGS3 is the only phone that only has 5 MHz bandwidths for LTE. I believe the rest of the LTE phones so far can support 5 and 10 MHz bandwidths. They should have included 10 MHz bandwidths for longevity purposes.

Outside of the iPhone, I thought that Sprint world phones came SIM unlocked for international use.

Oh honestly I dont know. I have read the pains of the world phone iphone features I had just assumed it was the same now. Good to hear. I think I will be all over this if it has a keyboard. Although my Epic works perfect now....grrr...

I still don't understand why the SGS3 is the only phone that only has 5 MHz bandwidths for LTE. I believe the rest of the LTE phones so far can support 5 and 10 MHz bandwidths. They should have included 10 MHz bandwidths for longevity purposes.

Possibly. However, Sprint has no active plans for 10MHz channels. So, even if they change their plan tomorrow to start including a track toward 10MHz deployments, it would still take 18 to 24 months in order to start getting some 10MHz carriers in place. And then they would only be in a hand full of markets where they have a large enough PCS contiguous chunk available. It's not many, and maybe not any. Natural 10MHz deployments are not likely to happen in the contract lifespan of any of these new LTE devices.

Sprint is much more likely to deploy 10MHz LTE via Carrier Aggregation first. And none of these devices support CA. I think it is completely a non issue, :imo:

Robert

I wish there were more details on the device like the screen size, RAM, processor, flash storage, etc

I am hoping for a 4.7 in screen, 1 or 1.5 GB RAM, Qualcomm S4 8960, 16 and 32 GB storage, NFC, BT 4.0, ICS 4.0.4 (upgradable to JB in the future), 2500 maH battery, microSD card slot, etc.

I wish there were more details on the device like the screen size' date=' RAM, processor, flash storage, etc

I am hoping for a 4.7 in screen, 1 or 1.5 GB RAM, Qualcomm S4 8960, 16 and 32 GB storage, NFC, BT 4.0, ICS 4.0.4 (upgradable to JB in the future), 2500 maH battery, microSD card slot, etc.[/quote']

That's all?

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Is that too much? Sounds like a GSIII with Motorola stamped on the back. :)

Nah, I think that's probably pretty close to what we will see. It just struck me as funny to lay everything out like that.

Nah, I think that's probably pretty close to what we will see. It just struck me as funny to lay everything out like that.

If its a qwerty slider like some are speculating, I can't imagine the screen being that large. It would make for a very difficult device to hold.

HAHAHAHA...I did put etc. I don't how much more you want me to bring it down by. You want me to listen the dimensions, WxHxD?

My technical rundown of the presumed Photon Q's FCC filing just went live on The Wall.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-294-fire-photon-torpedoes-motorola-photon-q-hits-the-fcc-oet/

AJ

• Like 2

It would be cool to have a Moto slider slab, but from Sprint's perspective an LTE Admiral might be a better idea, since at that point they can point to a flagship phone with both LTE and PTT. In markets where LTE is live, that combination is sure to be a hit with business types.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII-32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I couldn't find any mention of the antenna rating in the FCC filings, I presume you didn't find one as well.

Antenna gain? If so, no, not in this filing. Some authorizations include it, but many do not. The proof is in the pudding, so the FCC cares about conducted power and radiated power. As long as the device stays within those power restrictions, the antenna gain can be anything.

AJ

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the official details.

Full press release:

http://newsroom.spri...article_id=2342

Fact sheet:

http://newsroom.spri...tefactsheet.htm

A few specs:

· 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for quick downloads and app performance

· Five-row, slide-out QWERTY keyboard with large 4.3-inch ColorBoost™ display

· Built with Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich

· Enterprise Security

· 3G/4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capability for up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices (additional fee required;

· 8GB of on board memory, support for up to 32GB SD Card, for a total of up to 40GB

· Frequency: LTE, CDMA 800/1900 EVDO Rev A, World Phone - GSM 850/1900/1800/900, UMTS 850/1900/2100 (SIM is embedded in the phone, GSM SIM is locked and not removable)

· Frequency: LTE, CDMA 800/1900 EVDO Rev A, World Phone - GSM 850/1900/1800/900, UMTS 850/1900/2100 (SIM is embedded in the phone, GSM SIM is locked and not removable)

I really want this phone. When it says the GSM SIM is locked and not removable, how can one travel overseas and buy a local SIM, i thought this was the idea of a world phone?

I really want this phone. When it says the GSM SIM is locked and not removable, how can one travel overseas and buy a local SIM, i thought this was the idea of a world phone?

One cannot use a local SIM.

A "world phone" has a rather loose definition, meaning that a phone supports at least one band/airlink combination that allows it to roam in another country.

AJ