Pixel 6/6 Pro

briank86

13 hours ago, notsrealinc said:

I have a few questions:

Does the Pixel 6 Pro from Sprint/T-Mobile have an unlockable bootloader?

Does the Pixel 6 Pro support 5G CA from different bands (n41 + n71)?

It uses the Samsung Exynos 5123 modem which I believe supports 5G CA (8x D/L, 4x U/L). 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it seems that dual SIM doesn't work if you use eSIM for Sprint/T-Mobile. The eSIM moves to IMEI 2 on Pixels when you enable dual SIM, so the IMEI no longer matches and the network rejects the attachment. 

Not sure who to report this to or how to go about getting it fixed... 

It wasn't an issue with previous Pixels because they used Sprint SIMs, and the Sprint SIM only checks the IMEI when you provision or do a profile update (I've checked signaling messages in NSG and the network doesn't ask for it upon attachment). So enabling dual SIM basically was a SIM swap. But T-Mobile SIMs apparently report the IMEI upon attachment, so the network immediately sees that it doesn't match and rejects it.

• Like 1

How was the eSIM activation process?  I'm still on legacy Sprint plans since they seem to have superior international roaming compared to TM, but wonder if that has an impact on how you activate the phone.  

Mine is arriving Nov 19th or so.

19 hours ago, ingenium said:

Unfortunately it seems that dual SIM doesn't work if you use eSIM for Sprint/T-Mobile. The eSIM moves to IMEI 2 on Pixels when you enable dual SIM, so the IMEI no longer matches and the network rejects the attachment. 

It wasn't an issue with previous Pixels because they used Sprint SIMs, and the Sprint SIM only checks the IMEI when you provision or do a profile update (I've checked signaling messages in NSG and the network doesn't ask for it upon attachment). So enabling dual SIM basically was a SIM swap. But T-Mobile SIMs apparently report the IMEI upon attachment, so the network immediately sees that it doesn't match and rejects it.

I have ordered the unlocked Pro 6. I wanted to use my Cricket SIM and T-Mobile on eSIM since Cricket doesn't support eSIM. Will that not be possible?

On 11/8/2021 at 5:02 PM, ingenium said:

Interesting. My understanding is T-Mobile allows sims to be moved to different devices without issue, unlike Sprint which requires reactivation with the new IMEI. Perhaps a foretaste of things to occur?

Anyone root it yet?

3 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Interesting. My understanding is T-Mobile allows sims to be moved to different devices without issue, unlike Sprint which requires reactivation with the new IMEI. Perhaps a foretaste of things to occur?

Only once you're on the T-Mobile billing system, so fully migrated. TNX is still IMEI locked (for no good reason). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 12:31 PM, Thomas L. said:

I have ordered the unlocked Pro 6. I wanted to use my Cricket SIM and T-Mobile on eSIM since Cricket doesn't support eSIM. Will that not be possible?

It is, but you'll have to active it without DSDS enabled (if it is enabled, you have to do *#*#4636#*#* and disable it), otherwise the network won't allow you to connect. Then you need to find a T-Mobile rep who is willing and able to change the eSIM binding from IMEI1 to IMEI2. I was able to escalate it enough through T-Force (Twitter DM) to get a rep to do it. Once the eSIM IMEI binding it changed, you can enable DSDS again.

• Like 1

When TM nudged me to switching to a TM plan, I decided to remain on the Sprint plan for cheaper international roaming.  

With that said, if I want to keep the same setup, what's the right process to activate a Pixel 6 Pro eSIM when gong from a Pixel 4 XL eSIM?  Any steps I should avoid?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, ingenium said:

It is, but you'll have to active it without DSDS enabled (if it is enabled, you have to do *#*#4636#*#* and disable it), otherwise the network won't allow you to connect. Then you need to find a T-Mobile rep who is willing and able to change the eSIM binding from IMEI1 to IMEI2. I was able to escalate it enough through T-Force (Twitter DM) to get a rep to do it. Once the eSIM IMEI binding it changed, you can enable DSDS again.

So I got my pixel and I have been dying trying to get this done. T-Force said it wasn't possible on Twitter, I asked for a supervisor call back, and the whole team seems to be based overseas with NO idea what I was talking about. When I finally got to a tech (also oversees), he had no idea what I was talking about and put me on an endless hold to get rid of me. How did you get this done?!?!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I traded in my P6 for a P7, so I have a gently used Spigen Hybrid case (black/clear) for a Pixel 6, as well as a brand new Google USB-C/USB-C cable and brand new Google USB-A/C adapter as included in the original box available. PM me with your address if you want it all, no payment needed. Donate to S4GRU instead!

• Like 1