Samsung Galaxy A32 5G thread

As T-Mo is starting a promotion for free 5G phone upgrades using this model, starting a new thread for anyone interested.  Here's some reviews I've found from various sources on this model (or at least comparing it vs the other currents of the line and even one that throws in an S20 FE comparison):

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G review: There's more than just progress in the 5G smartphone - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

Galaxy A32 vs. Galaxy A42 vs. Galaxy A52 vs. Galaxy S20 FE: Samsung's 5G phones compared - CNET

Galaxy A52 5G vs. Galaxy A42 5G vs. Galaxy A32 5G: Which cheap phone should you buy? | Tom's Guide (tomsguide.com)

Samsung Galaxy A52 5G, A42 5G, A32 5G, A12, and A02s make US debut - The Verge

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G review - Digital Citizen

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

Does the A32 5G have standalone 5G out of the box or does it need an update like the S20 FE?

I'd imagine it's enabled out of the box, there is a dialer code which I forget atm to check.

It's *#2263#, go to NR Band Preferences and it should show any and all 5G bands enabled.

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I'd imagine it's enabled out of the box, there is a dialer code which I forget atm to check.

It's *#2263#, go to NR Band Preferences and it should show and any all 5G bands enabled.

I forgot about that.  Will check it out when I get home.  Thanks.

Looks like the A32 5G might not have SA yet. 

On the *#2263# screens, my S20 FE seems to show SA as well as NSA.  My A32 does not seem to show those indicators.  I could be missing something or misreading something.

17 hours ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

Looks like the A32 5G might not have SA yet. 

On the *#2263# screens, my S20 FE seems to show SA as well as NSA.  My A32 does not seem to show those indicators.  I could be missing something or misreading something.

Post a screenshot.

1 hour ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

How do I shrink the screenshot file down to post it?

Upload to a free image site and post the link. 

@mikejeep - Curious to hear your thoughts on this device after using it for a bit, whenever you get the chance to chime in.  Both just general impressions of the device as well as whatever distinction you perhaps can provide in terms of RF performance against others better known devices, both 4G & 5G alike.

Can bands be turned off?  How is SCP performance?