LG Exits Smartphone Market

Trip

Easiest answer to the author's question above all else:  with LG you could get parallel performance to Samsung without the exorbitant overcharge to the wallet if nothing else.  Especially in the aftermarket approach.

At least there's still Motorola as an option, for now.  And I suppose OnePlus once we're finally on a unified single network path in a few years.

I've had 3 LG phones in the last 10 years or so and was never particularly impressed with the brand. Radio performance always seemed subpar to other brands and Samsung in particular. Its a good thing the V20 had a removable battery cause it took me 2-3 to make it through a full day at work. I know people used to complain about bloat on Samsung phones but since I switched back in 2018 to Samsung I've never had issues with it. I used to have to factory reset my V20 every couple of months to keep it running smooth, something I've never had to do with my S9 or S20. I did love the knock on feature LG brought to market, and thankfully Samsung has now adapted a version of it so you can tap the screen to wake the phone up. I also miss the IR blaster one of my LG phones had, that was super handy for turning CCTV PVMs on that hang 10-12 feet off the ground. Now I have to spend 30 minutes looking for the remote or go find a ladder.    

23 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

At least there's still Motorola as an option, for now.  And I suppose OnePlus once we're finally on a unified single network path in a few years.

Rumors but no 888 reality yet. That, plus chip shortages and AT&T difficulties keeping phone prices high at T-Mobile.