How can I use a Quectel EC25 USB dongle with my macbook without writing separate driver code and/or emulating into Linux?

I bought a Quectel EC25 USB dongle attached below, and was hoping to plug and play with my Mac OS. However, after contacting Quectel, I found out they only have Linux and Windows drivers written in it. I resorted to using VMware inside my Mac OS, passing the dongle into a linux virtual machine. 

I am wondering how hard it might be to adapt their linux driver code so that it works in Mac OS. Does anyone know any shortcuts I can use to make it run in Mac?

dongle.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• The real question will be the effect on the upcoming 2.5 EBS auction.  T-Mobile might be able to get very good prices with almost no implementation costs for much better service in small cities and rural areas.
    • What was the previous 600Mhz antenna?
    • Auction 107: Hit $80.9B.   Now going to enter the assignment phase where bidders can bid on specific spectrum blocks. Wonder how fast this will get online this year.  TMobile's head start with 2.5GHz is gonna get challenged.  I could see them taking the lead in wireless tests in 2021 but then the gap close in 2022.   Auction 108: Three blocks.  49.5, 50.5 and 16.5MHz. I wonder how heavy TMobile will buy here. It'll sorta clean up their holdings and I could see down the road if they don't bid they have to invest more time keeping interference out of the current existing white-space. Likely at least secure entire counties they already own a partial license in. Everything about 2.5 is such a mess.  
    • So very interesting find , at my home The 5G upper layer indicator was turned off on certain LTE bands, but still has NR connected. It was on a Band 30 5 mhz one tower, a Band 30 10mhz chunk on another, and my home tower the Band 2 5Mhz chunk now has no indicator on. I am wondering if they are maybe configuring the the tower for DSS NR band 2
    • Seems to be the norm in many markets. They're replacing nearly all existing antennas on sites here in New York too.