Galaxy s21 leaks and rumors

dkyeager

1 hour ago, mmark27 said:

Downloading now. ****DVK3, 2.3 GB in size. 

Curious as to how SCP works with it regarding NSA, particularly in markets with n41 BW=100 and second channel.

Three observations thus far that are annoyances: 

1) seems like the bluetooth distance is reduced with this update. Getting more disconnected notices from my watch in locations I didn't before (e.g. phone in the kitchen, head out to the garage briefly). 

2) WiFi 6E connections are worse than before, and they weren't great to begin with. 

3) the face unlock is super aggressive. While driving, I have my phone in a charging dock on my dash, but I run wireless AA. Don't need the phone screen on, but it aggressively looks for my face and unlocks quickly. Screen will dim, go black, and immediately open again when it catches any part of my face. May have to disable the face unlock at this rate. 

I have had no issues with SCP, however, many app notifications have been odd. Weird notification chimes, then the next time it'll go back to the right noise, etc. 

I rebooted and cleared caches in the recovery menu, etc. as is standard after updates. I have found several apps I normally use have been quirky, but a data clearing of that app fixes most ills. 

Overall, update is "fine" and phone is usable including Camera. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mmark27 said:

I have had no issues with SCP, however, many app notifications have been odd. Weird notification chimes, then the next time it'll go back to the right noise, etc. 

It no longer shows signal strength in the notification bar for me.

4 hours ago, mmark27 said:

3) the face unlock is super aggressive. While driving, I have my phone in a charging dock on my dash, but I run wireless AA. Don't need the phone screen on, but it aggressively looks for my face and unlocks quickly. Screen will dim, go black, and immediately open again when it catches any part of my face. May have to disable the face unlock at this rate. 

I haven't run into that issue, I have mine in a charging dock on my dash all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Band 25 - getting about 230/31 about 0.5 miles from site. Selected naturally by phone. The ability for it to choose it is another story.

16 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Band 25 - getting about 230/31 about 0.5 miles from site. Selected naturally by phone. The ability for it to choose it is another story.

This has been something I noticed a while back when n41-SA was rolling out. Just because a band doesn't show up in *#2263# doesn't mean the phone can't connect to it. 

2 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

This has been something I noticed a while back when n41-SA was rolling out. Just because a band doesn't show up in *#2263# doesn't mean the phone can't connect to it. 

Read this, then goto the 1st page for directions: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-enable-all-bands-through-service-menu-on-us-ca-s22-series-including-sub-6-and-mmwave.4488435/page-17#post-87918859

Edit: Good for not only n25 SA on T-Mobile but also frees up more overseas bands if you travel or when Verizon and AT&T get moving on SA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

Read this, then goto the 1st page for directions: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-enable-all-bands-through-service-menu-on-us-ca-s22-series-including-sub-6-and-mmwave.4488435/page-17#post-87918859

Edit: Good for not only n25 SA on T-Mobile but also frees up more overseas bands if you travel or when Verizon and AT&T get moving on SA.

I was commenting about back before I knew about that method. I've fully unlocked the bands on my s22. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those using Verizon and/or AT&T networks excluding ultra (which has a better method), the Samsung Band Selector app now says it has a workaround to all it to work (was firmware disabled in June 2022)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The one UI 5.1 update is available this morning. Says there's some camera updates and other garbage, but so far I can tell that the aggressive face unlock is finally fixed while charging at least for me. I know others may not have had this issue. It was incredibly frustrating

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I just got the February 1 security update for the S21 Ultra factory unlocked.  The S21 is expected to get One UI 6.1 by July to be like the S24 minus the AI features. Android 15 is expected after that.

https://themobilehunt.com/galaxy-s21-series-one-ui-6-1-update-tracker/

• 1 month later...

Was able to install the March 1 Android security patch. Seems slightly more accurate with 5g ca band id, but can not swear by it. Updated google play system update through the software information screen to March 1. *#73# still works. Froze updates waiting on SCP update beta to fix n41 showing as n38.