Galaxy s21 leaks and rumors

dkyeager

3 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Is anyone's phone like constantly warm/ hot? This thing is always warm, really hot when charging. Not a good sign, did Samsung screw up again?

No, mine has not been hot. Best phone I've owned 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

This feels like a hand warmer, and I'm having a lot of connectivity issues, dropped calls on 5g or lte and no data. Maybe I got a bad unit. Think I'll be going back on my S20 Ultra I'm afraid to leave it charging if I leave the room it gets so hot.

26 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

This feels like a hand warmer, and I'm having a lot of connectivity issues, dropped calls on 5g or lte and no data. Maybe I got a bad unit. Think I'll be going back on my S20 Ultra I'm afraid to leave it charging if I leave the room it gets so hot.

8 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Is anyone's phone like constantly warm/ hot? This thing is always warm, really hot when charging. Not a good sign, did Samsung screw up again?

Mine gets quite hot when using wireless charging. Especially if the ambient temp is over 75, then I have problems with it getting too hot. It also gets very warm when using it outdoors while it's hot out. Not exactly surprising, but it does seem hotter than phones I've owned in the past. When charging indoors and not in direct sunlight, it doesn't get too terribly hot, but is noticeably warm.

3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Mine gets quite hot when using wireless charging. Especially if the ambient temp is over 75, then I have problems with it getting too hot. It also gets very warm when using it outdoors while it's hot out. Not exactly surprising, but it does seem hotter than phones I've owned in the past. When charging indoors and not in direct sunlight, it doesn't get too terribly hot, but is noticeably warm.

Might give it another go, I'm on my S20 Ultra right now, it never gets warm. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, clbowens said:

There is now a VoNR option under Mobile Networks.  If I try to enable it, leave the screen and come back, it's disabled.

Restart your phone after enabling it, works great this is apparently the one you 3.1.1 update without the version number change huge 1.2GB update. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Restart your phone after enabling it, works great this is apparently the one you 3.1.1 update without the version number change huge 1.2GB update. 

That worked.  I enabled it and then immediately restarted my phone.  Went back in to look and it's still enabled. 

Once thing I have noticed (even before I enabled that) is that it seems to take a while to connect to the network after restart.

Ooooo, Vo5Geez

It drives me insane how WiFi-calling always reverts to "cellular preferred" and then I miss every. damn. call. when I'm at work until I switch it back over to "WiFi preferred". Apparently it's the network forcing this as it happens on many phones, not just the S21 line. Just an eternal frustration!! 

• Like 1

Anyone preorder a Samsung Watch 4? I ordered up the Classic for myself and the wife. I got the LTE version, I guess we can add that for $10 a month? Does anyone know how I get that added? Do I have to call in? 

1 hour ago, mmark27 said:

Ooooo, Vo5Geez

It drives me insane how WiFi-calling always reverts to "cellular preferred" and then I miss every. damn. call. when I'm at work until I switch it back over to "WiFi preferred". Apparently it's the network forcing this as it happens on many phones, not just the S21 line. Just an eternal frustration!! 

Wouldn't know personally, never had a good experience with WiFi Calling.

That worked.  I enabled it and then immediately restarted my phone.  Went back in to look and it's still enabled. 

Once thing I have noticed (even before I enabled that) is that it seems to take a while to connect to the network after restart.

Always takes a bit for the phone to connect from my experience.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:13 PM, clbowens said:

Though, I still connect to LTE when making calls when connected to SA 5G.  Maybe VoNR isn't activated in my area.

6 hours ago, clbowens said:

Though, I still connect to LTE when making calls when connected to SA 5G.  Maybe VoNR isn't activated in my area.

You may need to force SA only to activate it. I have a different device (A71 5G) and I was able to make calls over n71 and n41 SA, but only by locking to SA only.

Until VoNR is officially launched, the only way to use it for now is by locking the device to SA only bands. Once the device can pick up and connect to LTE/HSPA/GSM, it won't use NR for calls.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, T-MoblieUser207 said:

You may need to force SA only to activate it. I have a different device (A71 5G) and I was able to make calls over n71 and n41 SA, but only by locking to SA only.

Until VoNR is officially launched, the only way to use it for now is by locking the device to SA only bands. Once the device can pick up and connect to LTE/HSPA/GSM, it won't use NR for calls.

Oh, ok.  Gotcha

Now the VoNR option is gone.

Ever since the August update I haven't been able to connect to 5G, and now tonight VoLTE is not working. I'm on Sprint 1x800 and T-Mobile LTE. Bluetooth has also been really flakey, dropping out when I normal don't have any issues. Anyone else running into anything like that? I am still TNA on my S21 Ultra.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Anyone have GPS issues indoors? I swear no matter where I go I can't lock onto GPS at all inside most places. Never and issue on my S20 Ultra but this phone is just terrible with GPS.

It comes and goes. Every now and then if I put it in my pocket the GPS will bounce around and it will suddenly think I'm no longer home and shut all the lights off on me. (Routines with smart lights via the home app). 

I've also had trouble with navigation after the latest update where it will constantly think I'm a block over or am moving the wrong direction and totally messed with the instructions. 

21 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Anyone have GPS issues indoors? I swear no matter where I go I can't lock onto GPS at all inside most places. Never and issue on my S20 Ultra but this phone is just terrible with GPS.

GPS seems to work pretty well for me.  Even in my basement.

1 hour ago, PythonFanPA said:

Not sure if or how much this plays in, but there's been some increased solar activity of late that I've seen a few articles randomly on - that sort of things sometimes can wreak havoc with satellite communications

We just came out of solar minimum, so there has been more activity, and it will increase in the next couple years. But nothing so far that has disrupted GPS networks.